Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Oh boy more formulaic objections to hate-listen to? I'm going to get so much painting done this week. How long is this episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I do really enjoy the deponent just walking the gently caress out on Enoch at the end :lmao:

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

There are not many people who I think deserve to just end up literally tarred and literally feathered. Mark Enoch might be on that list.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Just popping in to say that Enoch or whatever his name is is an rear end in a top hat

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I kind of wish that Dan would take everything he knows about from InfoWars's response to Sandy Hook up to the theoretical end of the trial, and turn that into a book vaguely in the style of Erik Larson.

He never will because he probably doesn't think he has enough information and it'd be a legal minefield, but it'd be a hell of a read and he's the closest to being able to do it.

This is prompted by wanting to know what Enoch's fate was and why he disappeared from the trial, which I hope was because he fell into a pit of cobras.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

That's really mean to cobras. They don't deserve that.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

tracecomplete posted:

That's really mean to cobras. They don't deserve that.

Even the most soulless human is still perfectly valid food for a hungry animal

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
https://soundcloud.com/dan-proctor-406299961/alex-went-down-to-georgia

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

rotinaj posted:

Even the most soulless human is still perfectly valid food for a hungry animal

Snake bites Mark Enoch, the loving snake might die.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I appreciate that they left in the guys just loving off and talking about the scanning of the lyrics.

Also, I know a couple of fiddle players. Hmmm.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I like that the focus on this KF episode is on how stupid it is that this guy suddenly seems so distraught over the infowars Sandy Hook coverage when the only difference between it and what they do for every other story is that they're being punished and called out for it.

gently caress this guy

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think Reynal is a great attorney but I'm glad Mark is back. Him and Bill just have such a funny chemistry with theses idiots

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I think Reynal is a great attorney but I'm glad Mark is back. Him and Bill just have such a funny chemistry with theses idiots

Uhhhh.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
It's hard to keep track of all the side characters in the Alex Emmerich Jones Cinematic Universe

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My bad, I 100% meant Mattei.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My bad, I 100% meant Mattei.

I figured but we gotta celebrate a brain fart that funny.

loving shitball lawyer lol.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I do like that Dan pointed out that the thing about this case is not that it was an anomaly in that it happened, but in that it was loving de rigueur at FSS. Something did not go wrong at infowars, this is what they do, and have done, and will potentially continue to do.

I feel the slightest twinge of sympathy for Jacobson as I think he was, or is at currently, facing himself in the mirror so to say. I’m hoping he continues to do so.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
He sounds like he was trapped in an abusive work environment. People constantly struggle to get out of them. I totally buy that he wanted to make dumbshit "documentaries" and that's fun if you can make things up about… roads? But that turns a bit when the focus turns to individuals who aren't even public figures.

gently caress him, but gently caress him a lot less than Alex Jones.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just desperately want to know more of the saga of Enoch

How long was he a lawyer for jones, was there a big day where he went off trying to protect alex and it went nuclear?

I hope he will pop up more

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I just desperately want to know more of the saga of Enoch

How long was he a lawyer for jones, was there a big day where he went off trying to protect alex and it went nuclear?

I hope he will pop up more

Yeah who the Sam Hill is that prick

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
There is an element of this where it may not rest on Enoch being poo poo, but more as a result of Jacobson being the a former-IW person who was openly willing to speak with the plaintiffs, and not still under Alex's control. Wolman was the lawyer in the CT deposition with Jacobson and that deposition also resulted in a "stop proceedings and attempt to contact the court" due to Wolman's casual disregard for the rules there too.

What it may have been was less anything to do with Enoch or Wolman specifically, and more them-as-Alex-by-proxy attempting to fight Jacobson regarding another ongoing conflict. The fight between Wolman and Jacobson there was only tangentially about Sandy Hook, and more to do with the continuing EEOC complaint, the basis of which we only have an oblique perspective into.

Bankston held it better than Mattei did, who more or less accidentally let Wolman run roughshod over Jacobson. ... then again, if this deposition happened later, Mark would've known what happened in CT and changed strategy to counter it.

The only way we'll know of this thesis holds up -- or if Alex thought he could just keep bullying Jacobson -- is if something similar happened in the CT Josh Owens deposition.

Morroque fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 19, 2023

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Lmaoooo thank you for this.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

teen witch posted:

I do like that Dan pointed out that the thing about this case is not that it was an anomaly in that it happened, but in that it was loving de rigueur at FSS. Something did not go wrong at infowars, this is what they do, and have done, and will potentially continue to do.

I feel the slightest twinge of sympathy for Jacobson as I think he was, or is at currently, facing himself in the mirror so to say. I’m hoping he continues to do so.

They mentioned in this episode that there's proof that Jacobson pushed back about Sandy Hook and that others have corroborated some of the things he said in terms of abuse he got, is that from other depositions or just articles floating around they've talked about or what? I'm only dipping into some of the more interesting sounding current episodes as, after enjoying a sample platter of episodes from recommendations, I decided to dip back to around about the election to see what the episodes were like, and have been grinding through the episodes from that point consecutively after enjoying them as background listening while doing other things.

The Steve Pieczenik stuff was amazing for example, him making the bet with Alex about the election and then coming on brazen as brass balls to basically laugh in Alex's face about it all and get banished afterwards. Only to return a few months later, still claiming he'll be vindicated in the end. loving gold. His wife laughing in the background as he talks about using the election as a sting against the Democrats was just the icing, because it makes it clear they're just trolling the ever living poo poo out of Alex and loving every second of it. I know there's been quite a few people in this thread saying they found the Jan 6th stuff quite trying, because they had trouble listening to Harrison Smith covering it as Jones called in, but I honestly found it really engaging. It may just be that I can enjoy it more because I have more distance to it's emotional impact as non-American though. Still, I actually empathized with Smith a bit as he crowed about "we've taken the capitol!" only to then become seemingly horrified as soon as he realized there were actual causalties. Which went out the window not long later when Dan paid a bit more attention to him and he was being flagratantly White nationalist on his own show :doh:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Enoch saying " Mr. Jacobson are you leaving?" And hearing the door close 2 seconds later is an all time great . Dan should incorporate the door sound into the theme song

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

That exit didn't hit as hard the first time as the second. I've listened to it like twelve times now and it keeps getting better

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I want Bankston to come back on the pod because I have a million questions about Enoch

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Froghammer posted:

I want Bankston to come back on the pod because I have a million questions about Enoch

I want Jacobson to come on the podcast so they can ask him about his views on things other than Sandy Hook, why he didn't quit the company, why he thinks Infowars ever had journalistic integrity etc. I get the feeling from the couple of dozen episodes I've listened to the last few weeks that Dan isn't actually interested in interviewing anyone from that sphere though, even people who've left it and might have some insight into it because he feels it'd be too combatative and just end up making both themselves and the guest unhappy, if not outright angry.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I feel like they've halfway looked into seeing if they could get Jakari Jackson on (I'm unsure on that spelling). They've called Larry Nicholas a couple times but feel like they regret it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tree Dude posted:

I feel like they've halfway looked into seeing if they could get Jakari Jackson on (I'm unsure on that spelling). They've called Larry Nicholas a couple times but feel like they regret it.

iirc, the first time they called Larry was because Jordan heard the number, literally just went "gently caress it, I'm calling," and dialed it before Dan could stop him, but I think the second call was planned.

Honestly, I'm not super interested in hearing any former IW employees on the show, if only because I wouldn't want them getting any cred from being on KF as a guest

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
For any former employee who sufficiently hates Jones enough, the ongoing litigation and recent billion-dollar millstone around Alex's neck may be interesting, but that still does not free them from the non-disclosure agreement they were forced to sign. They had to be very selective about what interviews they did versus what ones they did not.

Alex may have all the "free speech" in the world, but as far as InfoWars is concerned, he's also the only one with "free speech" at all.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Shinji2015 posted:

Honestly, I'm not super interested in hearing any former IW employees on the show, if only because I wouldn't want them getting any cred from being on KF as a guest

What cred would appearing on a such a small platform get them? :confused:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

tsob posted:

What cred would appearing on a such a small platform get them? :confused:
They don't touch the poop, and learned not to touch the poop the hard way when interacting with Larry Nichols, who made it VERY clear that he was in on the grift ('Let's have a shouting match, it'll drive engagement for both of us!').

It's for the best, really.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So going to have the MiB song stuck in my head for the day now

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Digital Jedi posted:

So going to have the MiB song stuck in my head for the day now

Smh that dan doesn’t know the lyrics to “nod ya head(black suits comin)”

https://youtu.be/1RVRCd6J2NA

I personally dont think the kf guys should get any further infowars guys on their show, it will either wind up with someone trying to present themselves as an innocent uwu baby who never did nothing mean to anyone, or a shouting match that won’t resolve the way we want to

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think Dan would bend over backwards to appear neutral and as fair as possible towards the ex IW employee and Jordan would just star yelling as soon as the theme song was done playing

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

The muffled sound of a man barking like an angry dog on the other side of the door throughout the interview.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Everett False posted:

The muffled sound of a man barking like an angry dog on the other side of the door throughout the interview.

I do not think a door could stop Jordan if he really wanted to yell at someone for being a monster

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I think Dan would bend over backwards to appear neutral and as fair as possible towards the ex IW employee and Jordan would just star yelling as soon as the theme song was done playing

Possibly before that. The song is at least sometimes played during the recording and not spliced in after ; sometimes Jordan laughs during it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Your Gay Uncle posted:

The reason I think Jacobson would be an interesting guest is because they're the one InfoWars employee or ex-employee they've talked about so far (at least from what I've heard of the podcast) where I don't think they'd do that, since both of them seemed to find him at least somewhat sincere and sympathetic and mostly be left confused by him rather than angry. I don't doubt it's possible that Jordan would become angry if the guy kept dodging questions or fell back on racial or nationalist talking points, but I do think it's possible it'd wouldn't happen at alll and I certainly don't think it'd be his first reaction in this one instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

This will never happen. They've said so, basically. Platforming these people and offering them the chance to explain themselves when they're not under oath benefits only the first and threatens the integrity of KF. Any other associate of fss: "why won't they let me come on?" Or whatever.

These people are worth studying and exposing in podcast form, but direct engagement and interrogation is society's problem at large.