Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't know how you'd really go about making a Flash video game.

The game is 15 minutes long and just an extended QTE cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Copy Marvel's Spider-Man and have Wally as a semi-established but kind of still green hero with a good cast of supporting characters.
His 'unlocks' are the results of situations pushing him further, along with what a mysterious ally calls the "Speed Force" that will remove all limits to his power. Basically season 1-3 of The Flash TV.
You get a few end-levels with SpeedPants level powers that cause Wally to feel like he's losing his connection to his family and has to set an arbitrary limit on them (narratively) to prevent becoming a Speed Avatar.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There's no shortage of speed or time dilation mechanics in games so it just comes down to which ones you want to use. Or use all of them. Make the lovechild of Superhot and Sonic that nobody knew they wanted until they're playing it.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
It might be kind of fun to have a game where for every major fight, the gameplay part of it is at normal speed/slowed down, but shortly after, there is an optional replay where it plays the events back with how it looked for an outside observer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How about we put him in a simulated world where he doesn't have full access to his powers and there's a bunch of fog so you have to move slowly and also run through rings all around the level in a set amount of time

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Barry loses his powers in the opening scene and the rest is just Streets of Rage

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

sonic the hedgehog

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

BiggerBoat posted:

there have been a few attempts, though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I2vNRuwYOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSMabUWYTJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fGs1QcUWsg

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Remember when Avengers was revealed at E3 and they spent like an hour talking about everything except what the game was

They definitely showed gameplay at the E3 2019 reveal, but nearly all of it was from the heavily scripted single-player opening missions, which was a curious decision given that they were also emphasizing that the game was a multiplayer co-op GaaS title.

Needless to say, this was not an identity crisis that Crystal Dynamics managed to resolve in the final product.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

BiggerBoat posted:

ngl even within the context of the conversation it took me until the replies to realize this wasn't about adobe flash lol i was like what

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The Flash, exclusively on Newgrounds

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Speaking of Avengers, rumor (from a credible community leaker, apparently) is that development is ending and all new content, including leaked characters like She-Hulk, has been cancelled, with an announcement expected next week.

https://twitter.com/mmmmmmmmiller/status/1616513503472324637

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Barry Convex posted:

Speaking of Avengers, rumor (from a credible community leaker, apparently) is that development is ending and all new content, including leaked characters like She-Hulk, has been cancelled, with an announcement expected next week.

https://twitter.com/mmmmmmmmiller/status/1616513503472324637

I'm shocked, who could have seen these events coming?

It would be nice if they just gave everyone everything that's available as a parting gift.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Would not be the first time a Marvel game has yanked the rug even with finished work in the pipeline, hopefully it's not as unwholesome as the death of Marvel Heroes.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Weirdly lasted longer than a lot of these games as a service/live game things. Like Anthem got one small update right? They actually did do a lot of updates rather than cutting and running. None of it was great but they get a bit of credit for me for that at least.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

secretly best girl posted:

Would not be the first time a Marvel game has yanked the rug even with finished work in the pipeline, hopefully it's not as unwholesome as the death of Marvel Heroes.

people were playing marvel heroes, so no.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Medullah posted:

I'm shocked, who could have seen these events coming?

It would be nice if they just gave everyone everything that's available as a parting gift.

According to this, they are: https://t.co/hTmenK6wmJ

quote:

As a show of our appreciation for our community, starting March 31, 2023 we will make all the game’s Marketplace, Challenge Card, and Shipment cosmetic content available to all players for free. Every single Outfit, Takedown, Emote, and Nameplate from the Marketplace, Challenge Cards, and Shipments will be free for all players from this date onwards if you own a copy of the game.

Gifting the full library of Marketplace cosmetic content is a way to thank our community by letting everyone experience the breadth and depth of content in Marvel’s Avengers.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I might reinstall it to try out the cosmetics and stuff but honestly probably won't

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It was a fun single player game and I enjoyed getting to play as Kate, but yeah, this has been a dead game walking for a while.

Gonna be funny when Suicide Squad comes out and bombs even more because it's doing the same poo poo as Avengers, except with fewer characters!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nobody really wanted to play as Iron Man. King Shark, tho? his cosmetics will do Fortnite numbers!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Ron Funches King Shark and I’m THERE

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

sonic the hedgehog

Red streak, speeds by, Barry the human!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
So is all of She Hulk in Avengers scrapped or will that be the very last hurrah release?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She-Hulk and Captain Marvel are both cancelled.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
uh oh. i get Carol but what did Jennifer do

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

uh oh. i get Carol but what did Jennifer do

Horny on main

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Waffleman_ posted:

That sucks but then again this game didn't like to have any characters that played any different than others so Carol was a definite dead end.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Carol would have just been a reskinned Tony probably

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Opopanax posted:

Carol would have just been a reskinned Tony probably

Ah doing Civil War 2 I see

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Shuri and Ironheart were also in some stage of development, according to datamined audio files. allegedly, She-Hulk was one of the first in-development characters to be shelved, since the DLC budget at that point had been cut to where it didn't allow for fully original characters (source)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wonder if they were ever going to add more villains. That was one of the biggest detriments imo

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Opopanax posted:

I wonder if they were ever going to add more villains. That was one of the biggest detriments imo

Ultron was apparently in development in some form, though I’m not sure the game needed any more robots.

but yeah, it’s ridiculous that it only shipped with three bona fide supervillains, especially when two of them only appear in the first few hours of the campaign and one is the final boss

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Didn't some twitch streamer accidentally out themselves as voicing she hulk and they hadn't announced it at all and quickly had to backtrack? It was a dev stream, it was pretty drat funny.

Found it:
https://twitter.com/mmmmmmmmiller/status/1544436756321271808?s=20

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
goddddd i always forget jsut how done that dev is, like a car is crashing towards him and he's not willing to say stop

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Legally he probably couldn't say stop.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
For all the jank in Gotham Knights combat, after playing Forspoken, I see how it could be so much worse. At least in GK I know when and why I'm taking damage and dodging actually works.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1622707723480563721?s=20

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Nooooo

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Disappointing but not surprising. The card system turned some folks off and then there were all the bug reports even if they might have been brought around on the mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I was turned off by the card system until I actually saw gameplay vids and played around with it myself. It's really the most un-card system card system I've ever played.

I also suspect it'll have some long tail success. I talk the game up to everyone I can. It owns and if you didn't get it, you should because it owns.