Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It takes skill to make something just lovely enough that the vast majority of them make it through the warranty period but also save the corporation 3 cents per unit. It's not the engineers' fault, it's the fault of the penny pinchers and investors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah right, can't have engines lasting too long anymore can we, gotta sell more cars

I really wanted a new Maverick but Ford is just bad, I'm better off sticking with Toyotas.

Gotta wait for the Stout then.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Gotta wait for the Stout then.

Exactly, I'll take a Camry based "Maverick" that can tow 4k lbs please.

I really want to like Tacomas but they still drive like an ancient body on frame truck and I can't stand it. And no I don't want to get used to it either :v:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/vg4gqv4q0qba1/DASH_1080.mp4

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Why safety inspectors (at good tracks) do escape tests.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

<camera operator> lemme make certain I get the perfect shot of a guy drowning in a fuckin mudhole

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Not saying its a good idea, but I have a bit of respect for that.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

I'm immediately reminded of the military helicopter escape dunk tanks :stare:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

slidebite posted:

:same:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/z6nJ0DP.mp4

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

buttcrackmenace posted:

<camera operator> lemme make certain I get the perfect shot of a guy drowning in a fuckin mudhole

this is like a million times better than the dipshits who wildly swing their camera around and aim it at the ground as soon as anything happens. see any amateur disaster video ever

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

buttcrackmenace posted:

what was he supposed to do, jump in after him? yell "look out, your car is upside down?"

that guy's a pro

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

namlosh posted:

agree, they’re not getting worse at engineering… they’re getting so good they can call their shots

Anyone can make a building that stands up, but it takes an engineer to make a building that only just barely stands up

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
a new level of hosed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mowikQ0jlos

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

buttcrackmenace posted:

that's the entire purpose of someone with a camera, especially when there are other people better prepared and closer, is to document what's happening. the director/producer is the one who is in charge of what is being shown on the screen/jumbotron and they're the ones who are assholes if it gets broadcast

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The Clint Malarchuk incident is still the one that comes to my mind.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I remember a car chase where the suspect got out of the car and blew his head off; the production team had tried to put in a 5 second delay but messed up somehow and fed the live signal to broadcast and the anchor was yelling at them to cut the feed when he realized that his local display was the one that was delayed.

And of course the OG Budd Dwyer.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Godholio posted:

The Clint Malarchuk incident is still the one that comes to my mind.

The pause between the reaction and then the BLOOOOOOD was like the world stopped.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah right, can't have engines lasting too long anymore can we, gotta sell more cars

I really wanted a new Maverick but Ford is just bad, I'm better off sticking with Toyotas.

The Hybrid is perfectly fine. Toyota basically designed it for Ford (using a Mazda engine). Never get an Ecoboost engine. The only other good engine Ford had but now mucked it up was the 3.7 in RWD or 4wd pickups. Great engine, but now it has cylinder deactivation and all the problems that come with that.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Toupee Groupie posted:

The only other good engine Ford had but now mucked it up was the 3.7 in RWD or 4wd pickups.

whats wrong with the coyote, voodoo, and boss? did the un-lined aluminum block idea not end up working out?

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

wow drat they have a whole bit going on.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Looks like he uses it to pull his other C4 which is set up for drifting.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41502/c4-corvette-with-a-gooseneck-hitch-is-a-tow-rig-triumph

The hitch ball is welded to the top of the rear diff. Which, I guess is as strong a place as any on the rear of a Corvette.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Toupee Groupie posted:

The Hybrid is perfectly fine. Toyota basically designed it for Ford (using a Mazda engine). Never get an Ecoboost engine. The only other good engine Ford had but now mucked it up was the 3.7 in RWD or 4wd pickups. Great engine, but now it has cylinder deactivation and all the problems that come with that.

Hybrid can only tow 2k pounds, compared to the ecoboost with the towing package and AWD at 4k. That's a big difference if you're towing boats and campers which is what I'm doing.

I'm not going to jump through hoops trying to buy a drat Maverick and then wait a year only to have all the common bullshit Ford issues. I really didn't want a body on frame truck but it looks like I'm either getting a Tacoma or waiting on the Toyota Stout. Or I'll just say gently caress it and get a used Lexus GX I guess.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Should I buy a Maverick if I want a practical, cheap hybrid which isn't a Prius?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yes

(Assuming you can find one)

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

No. 6 posted:

Should I buy a Maverick if I want a practical, cheap hybrid which isn't a Prius?

Depends on whether a pickup truck is a practical vehicle for you.

While the Maverick may be a small truck it's still 20" longer than an Escape or Prius.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slidebite posted:

I mean, it's centered over the axle. Mind you, and significant weight on the trailer is going to destroy the 'Vette. They're not rated for, you know, much more than they already weigh, what with not being a truck and all.

edit:

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Looks like he uses it to pull his other C4 which is set up for drifting.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41502/c4-corvette-with-a-gooseneck-hitch-is-a-tow-rig-triumph

The hitch ball is welded to the top of the rear diff. Which, I guess is as strong a place as any on the rear of a Corvette.

Well, OK then!

I appreciate that I don't even need to speak the language to figure out what's being said, basically.
It's only missing a "well, there's your problem."

dissss posted:

Depends on whether a pickup truck is a practical vehicle for you.

While the Maverick may be a small truck it's still 20" longer than an Escape or Prius.

It's actually bigger than the old Ranger!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

I'm struggling to figure out the base model. Was that a Ford Probe?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Dr.Smasher posted:

I'm struggling to figure out the base model. Was that a Ford Probe?

I would place good money on a 240sx with those mirrors and the back glass we can see.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
the door handles lean Probe

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
probe was my first guess as well

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

snugglz posted:

the door handles lean Probe

This is 100% the determining factor for me too

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Overall shape with pop-up headlights and the front thats not covered by the fake bugatti grille suggest second gen probe.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

at first I thought it was a firebird

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

wesleywillis posted:

Overall shape with pop-up headlights and the front thats not covered by the fake bugatti grille suggest second gen probe.

Isn't that a Jag S-type grille?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Zero One posted:

Yes

(Assuming you can find one)

Probably not the thread for it, but the new maverick is supposed to be good?