Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

There is just something about this post that I cant quite put my finger on but I feel it needs highlighting nonetheless

You took the jrpg pill instead of the moba pill fridge and I respect that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Disco Pope posted:

I don't regret playing any of these!

High praise indeed.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I have never heard of this band but I know from the name they will awful

Nah they are good and if you watched 28 days later then you've heard abridged versions of their music.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
My moba experience started and ended when my college roommate in 2003 would not stop playing "this warcraft three mod, it's great!" aka dota.

Tried that poo poo, hated it, in awe of lol being so big and just how toxic the community around it is

I definitely have no time for poo poo like that

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

DontMockMySmock posted:

list of unambiguously great games that everyone loves:
  • dark souls 2
  • hades
  • fortnite
  • super smash bros brawl
  • diablo 3
  • final fantasy 13
  • the legend of zelda: ocarina of time
  • chrono cross
  • minecraft
  • disco elysium
  • mass effect 3
  • death stranding
  • outer wirlds
  • doom 3
  • league of legends
  • fallout 3
  • team fortress 2

Uh, I believe you're forgetting the Donkey Kong Country series!?!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Vampire Panties posted:

Sacrifice was the only one to get it right :colbert:

Great game, it's one of the ones I sometimes think I would really like to see a modern remake of, but then I remember monkey's paws exist

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Great game, it's one of the ones I sometimes think I would really like to see a modern remake of, but then I remember monkey's paws exist

S-tier voice cast, too

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Barudak posted:

Thief 2 has undead and the Pagans again. Theres a goldang treant in the game. The primary enemy is the tech guy, yeah, but its still lousy with supernatural things.

Oh yeah I forgot about that stuff. Still I think there's less of it in Thief 2, or at least it feels that way because it doesn't dump you in a zombie filled water level as early as level 2, also all the tomb robbing stuff

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

You took the jrpg pill instead of the moba pill fridge and I respect that

Dont worry, itll next be the Year of the Moba in *checks video game astrological calendar*

...249 years :)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Garrett's sweet robot eye that slightly zooms

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DontMockMySmock posted:

• final fantasy 13
  • disco elysium
  • league of legends

lmao no

Also, I don't know if Dark Souls 2, the worst Souls, is really the Souls to think everyone is into. Souls 3 maybe, but surely Souls 1 would be the go-to.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
FF13 is better than 15, but 15 is a better game

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
FINAL GRADUATION

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

precision posted:

This apparent paradox is correct

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

League of legends lmao get the gently caress out of here, not even LOL players love LOL

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

precision posted:

FF13 isn't better than anything. Canon Inkjet Print Untility.exe is a better game than FF13. FF13 is dogshit. Except dogshit has towns in it and better character design.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
games shouldn't be allowed to have any voice acting for like eight years lets get a reset on that poo poo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

George posted:

games shouldn't be allowed to have any voice acting for like eight years lets get a reset on that poo poo

I agree with this unpopular opinion, and add a caveat that only absurd/goofy voice acting is allowed in the interim

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

jokes posted:

I agree with this unpopular opinion, and add a caveat that only absurd/goofy voice acting is allowed in the interim

so no change from current practice, got it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Supergiant Games thrived by having good voice acting so ya'll can eat poo poo

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

itry posted:

High praise indeed.

I mean, there's a couple of games I love in there*, but the worst reaction I got from any of them was "this isn't something I'm into".

I'm kind of torn on if Fallout 3 is bad. It's a bad Fallout game, it's even a bad 3D Fallout game, but its pretty on par for a brown RPG from 2008. Although I was also heavily depressed when it came out (although not because it came out).

*it's Disco Elysium and Dark Souls II (or at least SofFS). Both bangers.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 20, 2023

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

All of the brown RPGs from 2008 were bad and Fallout 3 is their king, sitting on a throne of disappointment and baffling decisions

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DontMockMySmock posted:

• dark souls 2
  • hades
  • fortnite
  • super smash bros brawl
  • diablo 3
  • final fantasy 13
  • chrono cross
  • minecraft
  • disco elysium
  • mass effect 3
  • death stranding
  • outer wirlds
  • doom 3
  • league of legends
  • fallout 3
  • team fortress 2

minecraft sucks

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

QuarkJets posted:

All of the brown RPGs from 2008 were bad and Fallout 3 is their king, sitting on a throne of disappointment and baffling decisions

That's not fair. Sometimes Fallout 3 was green.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
People will always love any Bethesda RPG because people love just walking around having their dick metaphorically sucked by NPCs and fighting baddies with one hand while drinking a tea/beer/smoking. People know everything about these games is kind of rear end, but that's better than having to learn patterns or combat or elemental weaknesses to them. The stories suck but barely matter, although the worlds are generally interesting enough. This guy hates that guy? Sure! Okay.

I've recommended a few friends who are into Witcher III and Skyrim try Elden Ring and most have said "yeah, but I don't want to have to try"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Disco Pope posted:

People will always love any Bethesda RPG because people love just walking around having their dick metaphorically sucked by NPCs and fighting baddies with one hand while drinking a tea/beer/smoking. People know everything about these games is kind of rear end, but that's better than having to learn patterns or combat or elemental weaknesses to them. The stories suck but barely matter, although the worlds are generally interesting enough. This guy hates that guy? Sure! Okay.

I've recommended a few friends who are into Witcher III and Skyrim try Elden Ring and most have said "yeah, but I don't want to have to try"

wankery

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The Witcher is not a good video game and I haven't beat it because of how boring it is.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

It's not a value judgement- sometimes people just want ketchup on their burger rather than loving around slicing a tomato, myself included.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 20, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vg voice acting peaked with blood omen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZRD8_cJSo

Vorador owns

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DontMockMySmock posted:

• dark souls 2
  • hades
  • fortnite
  • super smash bros brawl
  • diablo 3
  • final fantasy 13
  • chrono cross
  • minecraft
  • disco elysium
  • mass effect 3
  • death stranding
  • outer wirlds
  • doom 3
  • league of legends
  • fallout 3
  • team fortress 2

A lot of people saying this

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

DontMockMySmock posted:

• dark souls 2
  • hades
  • fortnite
  • super smash bros brawl
  • diablo 3
  • final fantasy 13
  • chrono cross
  • minecraft
  • disco elysium
  • mass effect 3
  • death stranding
  • outer wirlds
  • doom 3
  • league of legends
  • fallout 3
  • team fortress 2

Every game on this list is good except final fantasy 13

Edit; oh and I didn't play chrono Cross but it's probably not as good as people say like chrono trigger

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Diablo 3 is boring

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
chrono cross ends with a monologue about sperm

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

jokes posted:

All games are required to have Simlish from The Sims. Studios are still allowed to hire whichever VAs to read it that they want though.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Disco Pope posted:

I mean, there's a couple of games I love in there*, but the worst reaction I got from any of them was "this isn't something I'm into".

I'm kind of torn on if Fallout 3 is bad. It's a bad Fallout game, it's even a bad 3D Fallout game, but its pretty on par for a brown RPG from 2008. Although I was also heavily depressed when it came out (although not because it came out).

*it's Disco Elysium and Dark Souls II (or at least SofFS). Both bangers.

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah, F3 is definitely bad. Not offensively bad, just Bethesda junk bad.

jokes posted:

That's not fair. Sometimes Fallout 3 was green.

Sometimes it was also grey!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fur20 posted:

chrono cross ends with a monologue about sperm

Yes well while that is a point in its favor it's still not a good game

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Disco Pope posted:

Felt this big time while trying to getting back to Fallout 4 after years of not playing it.

It's a dopamine drip IV bag just like a Diablo type game but dressed up trying to convince you there's more to it all

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If I had been a teenager when I'd played it I probably would've been quite taken with 4's base building elements. Perhaps as always Todd is right and the jaded goon just cannot appreciate 4 for what it is.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

What is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Consider the boomer child sitting in his yard making a house of snow, with the reducing of American homeownership the Zoomer child lacks this simple pleasure. A state of loneliness and isolation would overtake them if not for Todd in his Majesty bestowing upon the poor babe it's own virtual yard in which to build and explore in facsimile of the American dream of yesteryear.

We should all take a second of silence to praise Todd for his gracious act of almost charity