Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I hope he goes to whatever team has Carson Wentz and gets mentored by him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Line: what the Rams paid to move up for Goff.

Over or under, for the package for Young at #1?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think it’s like 50%Young doesn’t even go #1 so I say less.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If the Colts trade up, which I think they will, they're gonna take Stroud or Levis.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think it’s like 50%Young doesn’t even go #1 so I say less.

Yeah I think Stroud staying actually throws a big wrench into this for the Bears in particular. They won't want to trade down below #4 as they'd miss out on both Carter and Anderson. Maybe if the haul was big enough.

I'm stupid and saw all the Buckeye talk and assumed he was staying without actually reading all the manager text.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 17, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stroud declared though

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

We (SEAHAWKS NATION!!!) need the colts to fall in love with the big white qb who’s not great but has tools. Colts trade to 1 and take Levis. Houston takes Young. Yada yada yada Stroud goes #5 to Seattle :)

Ty for reading my fan fiction

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I can talk myself into the Colts taking Levis, but if they trade up to do it I'm going to be upset

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Comrade TheGreyGhost, please share with the thread how you feel about the IOL folks.

I’m loving that Minnesota center - got the thick neck I’m looking for. Early third or late second?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

he smol he fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imfl_N9WgKo

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Bryce Young is 5’4”

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts know even if Levis is a bust that some other team will take him. All part of the plan to get Arch Manning.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

It makes me so happy that people are excited about Hyatt. He’s such a good dude and you right he smog he fast

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Comrade TheGreyGhost, please share with the thread how you feel about the IOL folks.

I’m loving that Minnesota center - got the thick neck I’m looking for. Early third or late second?

I like him day 2ish. He’s sort of the power blocking version of what I think Wypler is for zone blocking in this class—absurdly competent but weird weird misses in the passing game. Either could probably start for a team running those blocking schemes for a while. Schmitz probably can fit zone too if you just work on his tendency to overreach and not outrun his read.

Torrence looks like a really funny G prospect who is like Faalele last year and has absolutely no idea what to do with his size in anything other than specific run calls that he murders someone.

Voorhees is interesting to me because I think he’s a sleeper pick like many Riley IOL guys. He’s probably going to test well and has the size/speed/strength to be elite, but he looks like he has no idea what he’s doing on some change up runs and he did get dip and ripped by a lot of speed guys. The nfl meta right now is starting to iterate off of counter like Riley, so he could make some noise with his comfort on that. Just have to work on him in power sets and maybe give him some early help from your C while you work on his feet because he just isn’t consistently staying low enough to catch the speed guys while being explosive.

Otherwise kinda meh. I’m not loving anyone else’s tape this year, but I’ve barely scratched this part since there’s so goddamn many.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Voorhees is a just a great name for a dude in that position.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Here's some galaxy brain poo poo, writing about the 2024 draft:

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1616062912732307456?s=20

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

MHJ is not Calvin Johnson. People are saying this, and this is lies. The truth matters.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

It is pretty hard not to be excited about Caleb Williams though. Only watch CFB in passing (heh) and he absolutely looks the part.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Lions fans in the thread, or anyone, would you rather see Detroit gamble for one of the guys in this year‘s QB class or trade some picks to get some capital for next year and see if they can get a shot at what looks like a better QB class?

Especially since goff is showing how competent he can be with a high level supporting cast

I would wait, and try and build up the secondary with this years draft. I guess there’s also d line stuff in question depending on how you feel about the breakouts from the rookie class

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 20, 2023

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Focus on defense this year, take a QB flier with a later round pick for backup/to learn, and ride with Goff for now. The guy has earned it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dejan Bimble posted:

Lions fans in the thread, or anyone, would you rather see Detroit gamble for one of the guys in this year‘s QB class or trade some picks to get some capital for next year and see if they can get a shot at what looks like a better QB class?

Especially since goff is showing how competent he can be with a high level supporting cast

I would wait, and try and build up the secondary with this years draft. I guess there’s also d line stuff in question depending on how you feel about the breakouts from the rookie class

I am skeptical that Stroud/Young/Levis will be available at Detroits first first. So I’d go defense or trade back with the first first.

With the second first, I think drafting Richardson and letting him sit behind Goff for a year would be pretty swell. One of the few places that Richardson might thrive in.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Myles Murphy

1. TBH some of these sacks don't seem that impressive
2. I apologize that there's no distractingly lovely rap playing on these highlights.

I time stamped a dope sack though. Basically drags a QB down with one arm :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQwCi8kggBk&t=149s

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lots of great play and only 4 nfl roughing the passer penalties

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dejan Bimble posted:

I kind of want them to stockpile picks for next year to try and get a shot at trading up for Caleb.

But I think it makes more sense to spend the picks they have now on defense, then grab a QB later in the draft to sit behind Goff.

I've been hearing stuff like Breese and Witherspoon to the Lions? Would that be something that'd be feasible with 6 and 18 that I should be excited for?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If the Lions stay put, i’m thinking Bresee at 6 and either Joey Porter Jr., Christian Gonzalez or Devon Witherspoon at 18.

But i’ve also seen some mock drafts that have them taking Bijan Robinson at 18. So there’s also that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/movethesticks/status/1616493866189991938?s=46&t=qPzIA_PZgu3s2zXHMto2zQ

Interesting top 10.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Levis over Stroud is just :psyduck:

Anything Levis can do, Stroud can do better

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

If Carolina managed to land Stroud without trading up, that would be pretty ideal :)

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I don't like the idea of Indy taking Levis over Stroud, but at least this doesn't have them trading up to do it.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Levis over Stroud is just :psyduck:

Anything Levis can do, Stroud can do better

Levis legitimately can claim slightly better upper body mechanics and a slightly more live arm in my mind. That’s it. And it’s not at the level where he would, in any way, represent significantly more upside as a result right now. He already gets hurt so it’s not like you’re going to run him anymore than stroud can move.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Levis is also tall and white; traits Indy cannot resist. He screams Colts even if CJ Stroud is the superior qb.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Myles Murphy

1. TBH some of these sacks don't seem that impressive
2. I apologize that there's no distractingly lovely rap playing on these highlights.

I time stamped a dope sack though. Basically drags a QB down with one arm :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQwCi8kggBk&t=149s

Murphy is weird. I know some scouts are raving about his disruptiveness and how heavy his hands are but like, he still misses his long arm a lot and doesn’t always look comfortable on a T’s outside shoulder if the guy gets planted. I see what people mean with the explosiveness, but his hands are hips don’t always do what they can, and I wonder sometimes if he’s just only explosive when he’s going directly at someone.

Right now, I think he’s a 2-gap guy in a 4-3 DE body. It’s like Michael Bennett. He doesn’t round corners cleanly all the time or rush a guy diagonally as much as I want, but like…just stick him in a hybrid front and he opens up a 3 tech because he’ll prevent G help from the side he’s on if he just gets to gap crush. He’s the type of upside pick I genuinely enjoy because the things he sucks at can be fixed technically for the most part, and what he does now already makes him an interesting chess piece.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Levis is also tall and white; traits Indy cannot resist. He screams Colts even if CJ Stroud is the superior qb.

When will the colts finally give up the game and let John Elway run the football operations there.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I generally trust Jeremiah that he at least does his home work. Also anyone with Tyree Wilson in their top 5 is A-Ok by me.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://i.imgur.com/OmNvCJu.mp4

The sheer strength of this man

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I think he should be OT3 by the way

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I don't respect any mock draft that doesn't put in the effort to show the first pick for teams who don't have a first rounder. Show me #52 you cowards

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
https://grindingthemocks.shinyapps.io/Dashboard/

Pretty slick site. I’ll probably use the poo poo out of this for placing bets.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Accurate

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1616594639712309248?t=Gioyr-M5nKAnmEMcLFrFpQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Any 1st round ILBs in this drat?