Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I'm a crazy man

Edit - what a terrible page snipe I'm truly sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stream Dreck.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Medullah posted:

I'm a crazy man

Clean your Deck.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

homeless snail posted:

Stream Dreck.

I thought the Dreck chat was pretty tedious, but this is quality

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

sigher posted:

I don't know if PS2 gets any benefit from it, but Yuzu does. Not sure on Ryujinx. As for the install, it's the same if you installed it via EmuDeck or the Decky Store.

Thanks, I guess that if I ever run into an issue on ps2 at least I know one setting I can change for a possible fix.

I ended up getting a $6 case with a kickstand from Amazon. It’s fine, but it is a tight fit with the carrying case and im sure wouldn’t fit in a dock. An added benefit is that it does get rid of the annoying creaking and cracking I get from the left side of my deck if I squeeze it at all.

https://a.co/d/flQAHkp

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The first dozen times I saw references to Stream Decks I thought it was someone making a Steam Deck joke.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I thought the Dreck chat was pretty tedious, but this is quality

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Got my GOG games to appear in the library with art, but less success getting them to run.

Also they won’t shut down and seem to just stay there in limbo but I can play other games.

Instead of spending a whole ‘nother night trying to fix these issues instead of playing games I might just put them in my Steam Wishlist.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Lockback posted:

I mean, this doesn't seem that overly conspiratorial

https://twitter.com/timsweeneyepic/status/1490841213347540993

It's a bunch of bullcrap. They not only will not ever put Fortnite on Steam, but they also buy developers like the Rocket League and Fall Guys studios, and then remove their games from Steam, along with the older Unreal games too, because gently caress you that's why.

A 20% of 0 earnings is, I believe, 0. But correct me if I'm wrong Tim Epic. Cut your nose to spite your face.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Anyway, here's an important question for every Deck user: anti-glare screen, worth the additional cost or not?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Anyway, here's an important question for every Deck user: anti-glare screen, worth the additional cost or not?

I take my deck out of the house with me nearly every day so 100% for me.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I haven’t tried the non-matte screen, but the matte one is great outdoors.

E: is there a way to get the Deck to sync Steam Cloud on demand, so I know I have my latest saves when I get on a plane next week?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

MarcusSA posted:

I take my deck out of the house with me nearly every day so 100% for me.

I am the inverse, so I didn't get that model.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Medullah posted:

I'm a crazy man

dust your loving screens!!!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Saoshyant posted:

Not for the premium. You can get a matte screen protector for a couple bucks instead and it's the same poo poo.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Not really, the screen protectors add blur you don’t get with a matte screen. It was a worthwhile upgrade for me, especially on a portable device.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I put a screen protector on mine too, and I haven’t noticed any blur. (And hey, free AA?)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Subjunctive posted:

And hey, free AA?)

lmao, I was typing the same thing. drat it!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I finally got Halo MCC working. Never could until now. It was a battle to get past the login screen and the whole Steam Deck freaked out when it asked me to link my Steam and Xbox accounts. And I had to restart the Steam Deck because it lost all button inputs. But I got it up and am actually in the campaign.

Despite putting it in performance mode, the Anniversary graphics cause lots of frame dips. Putting it in Classic graphics mode is locked 60 so far.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Detective No. 27 posted:

Despite putting it in performance mode, the Anniversary graphics cause lots of frame dips. Putting it in Classic graphics mode is locked 60 so far.

Unintended benefit of the hardware, the updated graphics are nasty.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you're technically minded you could also buy the matte screen off iFixit and change out the screen on another Deck.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Grand Fromage posted:

The first dozen times I saw references to Stream Decks I thought it was someone making a Steam Deck joke.

The first few times I called it the Stream Deck I thought I was making a pee-pee joke.

Now I stick with Steam Dick.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This fan game mega Man Rock n Roll is hard as hell. I'm getting a lot of input lag with my 8bitdo as well and seems like I need to play it handheld

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In playing Dark Forces too right now and it is weird as hell to see a dosbox come up when I launch a game

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I simplified my collections to just played and unplayed and found I have launched at least 2/3rds of the games in my library.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

njsykora posted:

I simplified my collections to just played and unplayed and found I have launched at least 2/3rds of the games in my library.

OK but have you used a card farmer app before?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

OK but have you used a card farmer app before?

Actually no, I wasn't even selling cards until fairly recently.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

With the launch of MonHun Rise on Game Pass: Has anyone with Windows gave it a go? It’s the first Game Pass game I’m having issues with. It installs fine but once it launches it just stalls on Compiling Shaders. I’ve tried restarting and nothing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m gonna be here a while for this update.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Been playing Bully: Scholarship Edition. Requires some setup with protontricks/patching but once you do it runs great and at 60 fps.

Well, mostly. The carnival in town is extremely framey, but if you just set the fps limiter to 40 fps it holds stable. Then you can push it back up when doing stuff at school.

The steam deck is a pretty incredible piece of hardware.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm having a problem with my Deck and an Xbox controller. It keeps blinking between connected and disconnected. Like flickering back and forth about every half second.

I only used the controller with it for a little while a few months ago. But I'm doing some extended traveling for work so I got a dock thinking I'd use the deck as a computer and do stuff beyond just games. But when I tried to use the whole thing together last night to test it, I got the disconnect blinking. It kept happening when I took it out of the dock.

I tried rebooting and completely removing the controller, but I still had the same problem.

Any thoughts?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I'm having a problem with my Deck and an Xbox controller. It keeps blinking between connected and disconnected. Like flickering back and forth about every half second.

I only used the controller with it for a little while a few months ago. But I'm doing some extended traveling for work so I got a dock thinking I'd use the deck as a computer and do stuff beyond just games. But when I tried to use the whole thing together last night to test it, I got the disconnect blinking. It kept happening when I took it out of the dock.

I tried rebooting and completely removing the controller, but I still had the same problem.

Any thoughts?

Controller probably needs a firmware update.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

I finally got Halo MCC working. Never could until now. It was a battle to get past the login screen and the whole Steam Deck freaked out when it asked me to link my Steam and Xbox accounts. And I had to restart the Steam Deck because it lost all button inputs. But I got it up and am actually in the campaign.

Weird. I just installed it the other night and was surprised at how painless it was. Just chose EAC off and it ran perfectly. I did link my Xbox account and all of my save games were there so that was cool.

I'd been avoiding buying it for Deck for a while since I thought it was going to be a pain. Even though I can play it on Xbox or PC via gamepass for free, 15 bux was too hard to pass up to have all of the good Halo games portable in one package.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I've been trying to stream Red Dead Redemption 2 from my PC to my Deck, and I never get any video on the Deck. Sound and control are streaming just fine, but never any video. I've experimented with different resolutions and refresh rates and video settings, but no dice. I've tried streaming RDR2 to a Steam Link as well but it's the same problem.

Any body know why?

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021

Random Stranger posted:

Any thoughts?

I had to connect my Series controller to PC and setup a firmware update.

After I fixed the flickering connection issue it worked over bluetooth, but with a half second delay on all inputs. Supposedly there's ways to fix that as well, but I just ended up getting a Dual Sense controller instead.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
How difficult is installing Emudeck without a mouse and keyboard?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It's probably faster and easier to install emudeck without a mouse and keyboard than it is to set up a mouse and keyboard and install emudeck

Also, remember it's a touchscreen

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

hadji murad posted:

It's not difficult, it's just annoying.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hadji murad posted:

It’s not for 99% of it, they made the icons enormous and there’s no typing.

You might find it trickier to configure the emulators for the more recent systems because they’re more complicated and need you to gently caress around in menus but it’s also doable.

Just install anydesk from the discover store and then remote into it from a regular computer that you have also downloaded anydesk on if you really want to kb+m it. It’ll also let you transfer over all your legally acquired roms at the same time although there is a session time limit you might bump into if you want to sit and let it transfer a million gigs of Mario romhacks or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Steam Link in for most of it, IMO, then just prod at it with your dialing wand after you have to close Steam for SRM to work.