Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Went to Joe’s and the entire stock of orange chicken was cleaned out. What is life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Lots of the frozen items have been super spotty basically ever since covid hit. I assume its continuing supply chain issues.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Joe day is Sunday.

More butter butter chicken and Tikka masala incoming

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I decided that I need to cut back on the Pepperoni Pizza Mac & Cheese Bowls.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Just had some spanakopita. Surprisingly good and close to fresh, I'm impressed. Will be getting more.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

Lots of the frozen items have been super spotty basically ever since covid hit. I assume its continuing supply chain issues.

Biden is on the TJ’s board and has to approve every order

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Biden is on the TJ’s board and has to approve every order

And half the orange chicken ends up in his garage in Delaware :maga:

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Trader Joe's is one of the few places where you can get the thinner, more sour 'european style' yogurt like the Straus Creamery yogurt in the Eastern US.

So for that reason, I do my grocery shopping there. I don't get the gimmicky Trader Joes frozen/prepared food or snacky stuff, just normal groceries.

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 21, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I wish I was ik so I could probate this man for calling trader Joe's frozen food a GIMMICK OF ALL THINGS

I mean I cook a lot but for a calorically sound meal just around the 400 calorie mark it's very good. The Indian is the best imo.

For other poo poo, the lasagna is OK for someone like myself who doesn't want to buy ricotta and have it rot after I use it once in the odd time I crave a lasagna.

Get the snacks dude. Get the snacks.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

silence_kit posted:

Trader Joe's is one of the few places where you can get the thinner, more sour 'european style' yogurt like the Straus Creamery yogurt in the Eastern US.

So for that reason, I do my grocery shopping there. I don't get the gimmicky Trader Joes frozen/prepared food or snacky stuff, just normal groceries.

Look at this cultured and pedigreed cool person.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Get it “cultured.” :smug:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Big "I don't own a TV :smuggo:" energy

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
I ate a crumpet.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

silence_kit posted:

Do you just purchase 30 units of the euro yogurt each week

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Nessus posted:

It’s necessary to listen to important songs by bands you’ve never heard of properly.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nessus posted:

Trader Joes DOES sell stuff other than cookies and TV dinners for yuppies

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

My man's said yuppies.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

silence_kit posted:

Yeah they have a solid chip selection as well.

As an aside The Trader Joes brand "Premium" wines are actually really good. The Cab they have is super drinkable for the $7-8 they are asking for it. I recommend checking them out.

Edit: They call it their Reserve brand. Really good stuff for the price imo.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

silence_kit posted:

Sometimes they have gummy penguins.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah they have a solid chip selection as well.

As an aside The Trader Joes brand "Premium" wines are actually really good. The Cab they have is super drinkable for the $7-8 they are asking for it. I recommend checking them out.

Edit: They call it their Reserve brand. Really good stuff for the price imo.

They have a great selection on i7s

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
TJs giant Incan corn nuts are way better than actual Corn Nuts

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Hit up Junker Joes to get something together for NPR night. Trashed my bank account but you can’t beat the frozen flavor!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

nom epique posted:

Hit up Junker Joes to get something together for NPR night. Trashed my bank account but you can’t beat the frozen flavor!

i mean you really cant. frozen flavor is best.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I liked the Scandanavian Sour Swimmers and the Mango Yogurt Gummies but they have both been sold out forever. :-(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I got some sour swimmers for you

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
When presented with a choice of how many times to puncture something, do you choose the upper bound or lower? I usually choose upper.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

withak posted:

I decided that I need to cut back on the Pepperoni Pizza Mac & Cheese Bowls.

I decided you should reconsider this decision

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

AvesPKS posted:

When presented with a choice of how many times to puncture something, do you choose the upper bound or lower? I usually choose upper.

I just stab the poo poo out of it, like a dozen times or more. 3 or 4 times is never enough.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Everyone's trashing the frozen isle but TJ's frozen broccoli is the best, nice florets never freezerburned

Also hit up the cheese section for the best price on Cotswold cheese anywhere in the world outside of Cotswold UK.

Also also hit up the booze section for $20 bottle of calvados that tastes like it should cost way more.

My point is that the frozen samosas and the like are a ruse to keep holier-than-thou types out so the rest of us can get baby potatoes and cheap free range eggs

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The frozen palak paneer is back and I'm stoked.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I gently caress with that frozen beef and broccoli.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I gently caress with that frozen beef and broccoli.
So good in an air fryer.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
been makin my own broc beef lately

bakin soda ftw

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Don't sleep on the frozen french green beans either

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chinatown posted:

been makin my own broc beef lately

bakin soda ftw

I need to get more into asian cooking tbh. I have a few hand translated Thai recipe books that someone gave me that I need to crack open and just get it done.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I need to get more into asian cooking tbh. I have a few hand translated Thai recipe books that someone gave me that I need to crack open and just get it done.

get Kenjis wok cookbook its very good and more like a textbook on how to make asian dishes than just recipes.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

My advice would not to think about learning to cook "Asian" food since that isn't a thing and pick a specific cuisine to learn about.

And then I'd suggest Sichuan because it is the best.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

My advice would not to think about learning to cook "Asian" food since that isn't a thing and pick a specific cuisine to learn about.

And then I'd suggest Sichuan because it is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

fair

still learn about sichuan food though it is good