Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The two houses I see are a moogle and a carbuncle and I love them both. I love that you can plop whatever you want anywhere, but im basic af and wanted a Glade fitting home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Carbuncle haus best haus :3:

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I played through the story as Black Mage the first go round. What’s a job that’s super different to play through the second time?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Fifteen of Many posted:

I played through the story as Black Mage the first go round. What’s a job that’s super different to play through the second time?

If you mean any job, Dancer. You can constantly move and positionals don't exist for it

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I just wanted to upgrade from a small to med. :negative:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Antivehicular posted:

An FC-mate of mine has a Paissa house with Namazu effigies in Emp and has literally had neighbors move out over it. Dude is a hero

we had a falling out with our old FC (extremely dramatic/controlling fc master) and one of the top officers who left had his house overlooking the old FC mansion, he changed it to this:

staring right at our old FC house, they had to walk out every day and look at it

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Any tips on interior decorating? In particular, how to section out areas into appropriately sized rooms, cubbies, and lofts? I have a terrible sense of scale being a miqo in a roegadyn-sized world. I have an apartment, but since there's a gaggle of new property owners popping up, this seems to be a great time to ask.

*frustrated guttural yelling*

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 21, 2023

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I'd be interested in room division guides too. There's simultaneously a lot of real estate in these houses and not nearly enough.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Can't wait to watch people suffer on Tuesday

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bruceski posted:

Never give up. We had just turned the crystal around from right before the end zone when overtime hit, managed to push it all the way back to a win.

I had a similar one, where I went in as Paladin under the mistaken impression that, like Frontlines and Rival Wings, I could swap to a job I knew how to play. I'd taken a few whacks at the training dummies with PVP PLD, but the entire match timer involved learning how my skillset worked under fire. We hit overtime with the crystal nearly on our point, I popped my LB as soon as I got on the crystal (Completely a case of "Oh yeah, I have an LB" and not actual strategy), and we rode that thing all the way to the finish.

Crackerjack posted:

Any tips on interior decorating? In particular, how to section out areas into appropriately sized rooms, cubbies, and lofts? I have a terrible sense of scale being a miqo in a roegadyn-sized world. I have an apartment, but since there's a gaggle of new property owners popping up, this seems to be a great time to ask.

*frustrated guttural yelling*

I don't know about lofts, platforms, floating, all that (I can perform the float glitch, but it didn't do what I wanted and I'm happy enough with normal decoration mechanics for now), but I can offer at least one bit of advice.

Make a difference between a hard and a soft boundary between spaces. I put in the full wall piece to firmly distinguish the tailor shop space from the bedroom space, then used the shorter screens to further block sight lines into the "private" region. Beforehand it had only been partitioned with the wardrobe and the small partitions, which felt too loose:

Another example of soft boundaries because you can barely fit multiple hard-bound spaces in the ground floor of a small. Each space is defined by its rug. The tonberry rug later became the defining floor covering of a kitchen, which I should get a picture of.

In the basement, the giant book forms a hard boundary between the Carbuncle Library and whatever I decide goes at the base of the stairs.

From another angle, notice anything odd? That's right, the bookshelves aren't all the way against the wall. A secret bookcase door lets access into the only fully-bound space in this build, which I've made up as like a secret base of operations and treasure room. I should get some pictures of that, too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If we're showing off houses, mine's not new but it's been a while since I've shown off anything but the basement (so proud of that basement).

Mostly things the retainers brought home, trees make a pretty screen with a picnic/BBQ area around the side.

Upper floor furnishing provided by a lot of Ishgard scratchcards as I leveled crafting jobs, plus a few pieces of artwork from seasonal quests and such.

What's this, stairs leading down to a reading nook? Seems a lot of effort for some shelf space...

A secret lair where Namazu allies plan their strategy and learn arcane arts!

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
New plot, new view

I'll probably regret the shirogane beach view, but I'm now neighbour with a FC mate, so eh
Two others guildies bid on large plots and lost, one of them to some guy that bid on the house half an hour before the limit, he's seething
There was also a plot we wanted for the FC house near my new house but since all 4 of us active players bid on personal houses, someone took it, sad. We'll see next week what's the situation on medium houses on the ward or elsewhere, but I really hope we'll be able to get out of ishgard.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

:negative:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bruceski posted:

A secret lair where Namazu allies plan their strategy and learn arcane arts!

They're playing Warhammer. :3:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dareon posted:

They're playing Warhammer. :3:

That rulebook is not nearly large enough for that.

(dangit, I wish I'd thought of that punchline. It's a good one.)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

the_steve posted:

poo poo, I accidentally won a house.

I was tired and didn't realize it was the FC only ward, I thought I was bidding on a private.
My FC already has a large house.

As long as I don't click to finish the sale, all that happens is I pay a 4 million gil dumbass tax, right?

Nah, you get your entire deposit back if you don't claim it in the timeframe, just gotta go back to the signboard again before you can bid on anything else.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You lose 50% if you win and don't claim the plot. Just have to wait until the results period ends and the next entry period begins.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Me, starting part 2 of the Hildibrand quests: haha I hope this is as silly and funny as the first set

Me, finishing part 2 of the Hildibrand quests

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bleck posted:

Me, starting part 2 of the Hildibrand quests: haha I hope this is as silly and funny as the first set

Me, finishing part 2 of the Hildibrand quests

Part 2 as in Heavensward, or the wedding?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Heavensward.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bleck posted:

Heavensward.

Figured that given the context, but I've seen enough folks get mixed up I had to ask.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/1616578498381971463?t=36IOK0KB_4xDwAJGsIhz0Q&s=19

:toot:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/lxdymaria/status/1616494947762569217?s=12

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh yikes, the pain

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

lol there's so many small details i love about this

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
dumb question, but how do you know what light party you're in during full parties?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zeruel posted:

dumb question, but how do you know what light party you're in during full parties?

"Light" and "Full" are just descriptions of party size, with Light being 4 and Full being 8, so everyone in a Full party is counted as being in the same party. Alliance raids do have multiple Full parties, referred to as "Alliances," which have alphabetical indicators at the top of your party bar.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I got two triple triad cards today. I think I’m at 302/312 for the toast mount. I must have run the grand cosmos like 30 times at least.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Or if you're taking about savage fight mechanics that you have to split into light parties for, you arrange them before the fight starts, there's no set in-game division.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
On select occasions, the battle itself will divide people but there's also not really much way to influence that, either - either you're forcefully put in groups so it's not really an issue of figuring out which one you're in, or it's a split target fight which gives you "soft" groups that you mostly determine by which debuff you have.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Qwertycoatl posted:

Or if you're taking about savage fight mechanics that you have to split into light parties for, you arrange them before the fight starts, there's no set in-game division.

Yeah. If you're on a caveman server the party leader will generally drop a 1 and 2 marker before the fight starts, and you just plod over to the one that works. If you're on other ones you do something else.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Yeah just for mechanics that require soft parties. Makes sense, but I never had to worry about it since I'm usually tanking so the parties form around me.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

For Extremes, Savages and the like, you need to plan that ahead of time. For anything else, like double stack markers in a normal duty, just wing it. It'll probably be fine even if you end up split 2-6.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

For Extremes, Savages and the like, you need to plan that ahead of time. For anything else, like double stack markers in a normal duty, just wing it. It'll probably be fine even if you end up split 2-6 they stack the stacks and everyone else just ignores them.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, PF makes it sound like it's a lot more confusing than it is. Almost every fight has clock positions, so most of the time light parties are just "Oh you're already on the left side for clocks so you'll go into 1. Right side into 2."

Sometimes you may have to switch that up for weird reasons, but usually those fights are already pretty involved anyway (like last fight of a tier or Ultimates) so you'd probably already be prepped well ahead of time going in.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Updated house pics, with angles on the dangles.

Yes, that is the proper way to use a frying pan, I learned from Julyan Manderville herself, and you wouldn't want to argue with her.

Obligatory Haurchefant. The secret bookshelf door is on the right, you can see how it goes all the way to the ceiling while the normal bookshelves don't.

And inside. All the Mummer's stuff you can buy from Masked Rose's assistant, plus a few random dungeon drop crafts and retainer returns.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

Dareon posted:

Make a difference between a hard and a soft boundary between spaces. I put in the full wall piece to firmly distinguish the tailor shop space from the bedroom space, then used the shorter screens to further block sight lines into the "private" region. Beforehand it had only been partitioned with the wardrobe and the small partitions, which felt too loose:

[...]

Another example of soft boundaries because you can barely fit multiple hard-bound spaces in the ground floor of a small. Each space is defined by its rug. The tonberry rug later became the defining floor covering of a kitchen, which I should get a picture of.

Thank you! This is sage advice. Using rugs to mark out rooms gave me a much better idea of the space I had. And finding a balance between walls and partitions kept things spacious for... you know... all my things.

Forward and reverse shots in normal lighting. That's the bedroom, living area, 'storage' by the entrance, and a kitchenette. And an empty loft (no idea what to do with it). I'd have brightened things up for clearer pictures, but that dampens the ambience. I am a big fan of layered rugs and lived in spaces if you can tell.

"So, yeah, you all just sit down wherever and I'll go grab a lighter!"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just let a fellow goon decorate my house way back when and I haven't had the motivation to change it since. I've added a few things but it's still the same way it was when I bought it in the very first round of housing demolitions.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Crackerjack posted:

Forward and reverse shots in normal lighting. That's the bedroom, living area, 'storage' by the entrance, and a kitchenette. And an empty loft (no idea what to do with it). I'd have brightened things up for clearer pictures, but that dampens the ambience. I am a big fan of layered rugs and lived in spaces if you can tell.

Ooh, I like it. I enjoy the lived-in space aesthetic, but I don't have the attention span to really commit, so I wind up with things like the stuffed animal bonanza in my bedroom or the welter of books at the reading table and these broad empty areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Consummate Professional posted:

I got two triple triad cards today. I think I’m at 302/312 for the toast mount. I must have run the grand cosmos like 30 times at least.
you can do it! the grind sucks but they do all drop eventually, we all believe in you :shobon: