Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

I said come in! posted:

Microsoft treated all of its top executives this week to a really expensive concert with musician Sting; https://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-execs-private-sting-show-davos-before-mass-layoff-announcement-2023-1 As a thank you for doing so poorly that they needed to let go over 10,000 employees.

:thermidor:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's gotta sting.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Evil Kit posted:

The fact 4 player co-op is an entirely separate mode is even more of a bummer.

Been playing Gotham Knights co-op myself and tbh the VAs do a great job and the story is kind of enjoyable so far. The actual character writing feels solidly done so far too, and it's been cool learning about Jason Todd as I'm less familiar with him as a whole.

The Lazarus Pit magic powers are kinda silly though.

edit: the mook and civilian conversation writing has also been pretty great, we've both gotten a laugh out of it a number of times now.

Red Hood being needlessly aggro in every single scene is really great. His personality is just "angry".

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PantsBandit posted:

Red Hood being needlessly aggro in every single scene is really great. His personality is just "angry".

I mean if I loving died to Joker crowbarring my head in and got brought back to life by jank pool magic I too would be really loving angry at almost everything.

The thing I appreciate most is that despite his anger and lashing out the others clearly care and try to help him through it, and Todd also recognizes that they care and thanks them for it. And it doesn't feel phoned in!

Red Hood is basically self aware enough that the 'big angry buff dude' personality isn't off putting or uninteresting like it can be in a lot of games.

E: also the fact his canonical power is just "gun" is incredibly funny to me. Red Hood just going around shooting mfers with "non-lethal" bullets. Batman and his sidekicks don't kill people, we swear you guys

*punts criminal off the side of a skyscraper after unloading a mag of rubber bullets into their head*

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 20, 2023

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The story missions it 3angle Strats are kicking my @$$. Am I bad at video games?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You keep your xp when you restart a fight. Wild stuff

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/atlas_astrophel/status/1616229157641523201?s=46&t=B_Fqhb_QZaygl-yTpcERRA

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I show her my walk-the-dog and she releases me out of pity at my limp yo-yo’ing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can I join Bridget’s gang?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

The story missions it 3angle Strats are kicking my @$$. Am I bad at video games?

I was worried about micromanaging every battle to keep people alive because you don't gain xp when you're dead but I was told both that the catch-up xp makes that a non-issue and that you can always enter your mind palace for more xp

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hatty posted:

Can I join Bridget’s gang?

Me too

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/JbootyfuI/status/1616506774177320960

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

legit getting pwned by triangle strat. my gamer self-image is in tatters.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/status/1616563929555292161

Everything that was ever in the game's marketplace is going to be gifted to players for free.

So really the only real losers here are...anyone who ever spent money in the in-game store to support the game. No refunds if you already bought a cosmetic or more.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Jay Rust posted:

legit getting pwned by triangle strat. my gamer self-image is in tatters.

It's okay. Even on normal the game packs a punch. Unless you abuse turtle strats and a certain character which makes things much easier.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Will the game still work? Like, can you buy a used copy and play through all the content without paying more now?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gripweed posted:

Will the game still work? Like, can you buy a used copy and play through all the content without paying more now?

The FAQ in the Tweet says the game will still work in single and multi-player for now so if you buy a used copy then yeah I guess. But it has to be a physical copy if it's later on in the year cuz the game is being outright de-listed in September on digital stores.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Everything that was ever in the game's marketplace is going to be gifted to players for free.

So really the only real losers here are...anyone who ever spent money in the in-game store to support the game. No refunds if you already bought a cosmetic or more.

So buy a physical copy. Got it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The FAQ in the Tweet says the game will still work in single and multi-player for now so if you buy a used copy then yeah I guess. But it has to be a physical copy if it's later on in the year cuz the game is being outright de-listed in September on digital stores.

So you just go in to the store, buy the game, and then you have the whole game you can play as much as you like forever? And if you decide you’re done you can sell the game and someone else can buy it and play as much as they like?

I like this new scheme, I might actually buy The Avengers.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Moral of the story:
Pirate whatever the gently caress you feel like. Live services are a joke and you don't own your games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I like this new scheme, I might actually buy The Avengers.

It's a fun little story, particularly if you like Ms Marvel

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wait actually this is gonna hurt someone else even more. That Suicide Squad game if it actually is a Live Service poo poo. This'll tell what I assume is an already small audience of people who would have been willing to support that game with cosmetic purchases to hold off cuz in a few years hopefully WB will write off the title and all the in-store stuff there could be free as well.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Infinitum posted:

Moral of the story:
Pirate whatever the gently caress you feel like. Live services are a joke and you don't own your games.

They’re delisting it from future sales, not deleting it from libraries.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
imo the main Reassemble campaign in Avengers is worth playing for the story and the half or so of it that actually feels like a proper single-player game. The other half of the time, it feels like a glorified tutorial for the multiplayer GaaS side of the game, which is much less enjoyable.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rinkles posted:

They’re delisting it from future sales, not deleting it from libraries.

Two out of three ain't bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

lmao, well at least the servers are not going offline so there is that, but I bet they will shut down later this year, which will make the game completely unplayable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I wonder how much of this is because Square literally does not own CD anymore so the break off would have to happen eventually.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PWNzEC5lLE

i should play a yakuza sometime

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

at least play Like a Dragon, since this is a spiritual successor to that game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is it? its not a rpg, its just a remake of a ps3 game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it's just called Like A Dragon because that's the new official name of the series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/1616545580121194497?t=HOP6_65hjG9yU--XrFbtpw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/1616547097205174272?s=19

Oh gently caress we're doomed

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ten minutes to get a drat mcchicken, this country is going to poo poo.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gaius Marius posted:

Ten minutes to get a drat mcchicken, this country is going to poo poo.

jesus

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

They should have linked him to the archive instead of the broken original site. We're in the wrong timeline!

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Dorothea is a downgrade. She should've kept the hat

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i dont know who a single person is on that list

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Draga posted:

Dorothea is a downgrade. She should've kept the hat

Lorenz is an upgrade by merit of changing his extremely stupid haircut.

verbal enema posted:

i dont know who a single person is on that list

You should play the extremely good game Fire Emblem Three Houses!!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Think I've created the best game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i would like to announce that this song has been stuck in my head since you posted this, probably cause i keep playing it on loop