Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Boots Riley's "Sorry To Bother You"?

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's on netflix.

Presented without comment:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

That particular line depends on your signature skill.

I don't think that's the case cause I always dump body and make endurance my sig skill to make up for it

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Even a moderate Rhetoric score will quite frequently chime in with comments like "just start at the top of the list and work your way down, like you always do" or "do not, under any circumstances, say that first thing," so I'm pretty sure that's just how Harry works.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Definitely don't say that first thing

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I’m going to say the first thing, it’s fine

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

say one of these fascist or communist things or gently caress off

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Popular alternative Jazz group "The Jamrock 7" topped the charts for 5 months with their hit single "say the first thing" about dating an albino binoclard. 20 years later, contemporary audiences may find their lyrics "insensitive" or "outdated".

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Skellybones posted:

I’m going to say the first thing, it’s fine

I did this in one of my playthroughs. It's not even funny just very uncomfortable.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Popular alternative Jazz group "The Jamrock 7" topped the charts for 5 months with their hit single "say the first thing" about dating an albino binoclard. 20 years later, contemporary audiences may find their lyrics "insensitive" or "outdated".
That's not very disco of them.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Wasn't expecting this channel to mention DE:

https://youtu.be/mHy898sPQy4

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

AceOfFlames posted:

Wasn't expecting this channel to mention DE:

https://youtu.be/mHy898sPQy4

Why not? Greg is a massive lefty. That channel is great, by the by. He goes into a huge breakdown of the cyberpunk genre in one video.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I tried the Sunrise Parabellum earlier tonight. It was really good, but I think I'll use less coffee liqueur next time

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Could someone link the 19,000 word epic on exactly how to play de that goon prepared for his sister in law?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Could someone link the 19,000 word epic on exactly how to play de that goon prepared for his sister in law?

that post

what an absolutely great post

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

InequalityGodzilla posted:

After a great deal of coaxing I managed to get my sister-in-law, who I really like but who has never played any video game aside from Tetris, to play this game. I gave her some information before she starts as follows

Did I do a good job preparing her for The Experience?

Edit:

And posts like this are why I came back to SA for the first time in almost a decade.
And he never posted again :unsmith: no more mountains to climb

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

christmas boots posted:

I did this in one of my playthroughs. It's not even funny just very uncomfortable.

the funniest and saddest line in the game for me is when you're talking about poetry to the non racist male lorry driver and you offer to give him poetry and fail and harry just goes "She loving *broke* me, man."

Ashheap Empire
Jul 22, 2000

Kings taste terrible at best
and rest in peace raw
The rest are recipes
*CAAAWWWW*

Boots has the second verse on this one and it has some of the best bars I've ever heard on it.

"I ain't just finna rap on the track, I finna clap on 'em back
And it's been stackin' to that 500 years before Iceberg
Ever leaned back in the 'lac
Before they told Rosa "Black in the back"

Before the CIA told Ricky Ross to put crack in a sack
And Gil Scott traded rappin' for smack
This beat alone should get platinum plaques
I'd rather see a million of us ecstatic to scrap
'Cause if we bappin' 'em back we automatically stack"

:snoop:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

highly recommend boots' twitter, which is in a constant cycle of him getting a bunch of followers from people who see STBY or hear the guillotine for the first time, then he comes back to promote his new poo poo, then makes a bunch of good rear end tweets about venezuela or whatever, prompting half of those new followers to yell at him for being a 'tankie', and then he gives up until he has something new to promote

absolute king. this is his new poo poo

https://twitter.com/BootsRiley/status/1613271990273724417?s=20

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Finished my second run through the game. What if it really was Jakob Irw who wrecked my car, Jean? What then huh

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Professor Wayne posted:

I tried the Sunrise Parabellum earlier tonight. It was really good, but I think I'll use less coffee liqueur next time

Yeah, I was thinking it was gonna be sweet as gently caress with coffee liqueur. Might be better with a shot of espresso - or infuse a bottle of vodka with coffee, pretty easy to do at home. Maybe a touch more simple syrup to compensate.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Shouldn't be, if you're using Mr. Black as he does. Kahlua is substantially more syrupy, and would probably need to be pulled back a bit.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Ignore

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it's beautiful

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Incredible

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Harry has muttonchops, not just a moustache, 0/5.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

:five:

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Lisztless posted:

The People’s Pile was just a bakery gone awry.

the people's pie

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Finished my first play of this game the other day. I had previously started, died giving the double fingers to Garte, and closed the game right back down again.

Went heavy into psych and motorics, constantly putting points into Inland Empire for an alcoholic, deeply hosed up Dale Cooper intuitive cop concept. As seems standard for goons' first runs i went vaguely lefty Sorry Cop turned Ordinary Cop.

I just have to say I know how talked up this game has been, but I am still blown away at how funny, yet thoughtful and even emotional this game is. The first night hanged Harry dream, the phone calls and (end game) Dora dream really got me :(

I can't wait to run through again and pick at all the threads that I missed (political quests) or accidentally shut down (church rave), and even just to experience more of the dialogue options. Think I will try a dumb as poo poo Electrochemistry party cop

Game owns

End game:

DOLORES DEI - She is not kissing you back.

YOU - But I succeeded...

SUGGESTION - This was not about failure or success. This was always going to be horror. I should not have suggested it, and you should not have listened to me.
:(

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 25, 2023

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Ah to have lived in the days where you made angry calls to the newspaper when you didn't get a comic strip.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Does anyone have anything particularly funny to say late in the game if you never take the body down?

Node fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 26, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There's a Secret Task unlocked in the "You smell like a corpse" segment of the very final conversation where you can respond "But I never touched the drat thing!" but I don't know what the response is, I just saw it on a list of secret tasks.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

The Narrator posted:

I can't wait to run through again and pick at all the threads that I missed (political quests) or accidentally shut down (church rave), and even just to experience more of the dialogue options. Think I will try a dumb as poo poo Electrochemistry party cop

That second quest is honestly one of my absolute favorite parts of the game, even the outcome where you completely gently caress it up is powerful, but actually doing it right (and drat if you didn't have the perfect build to do it right) is just... perfect. So it's a shame you missed it, definitely get it done on a new play through.

Something else you might consider going for is the good final dream, which replaces the Dora one

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Something else you might consider going for is the good final dream, which replaces the Dora one

hold the loving gently caress up what

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

dead gay comedy forums posted:

hold the loving gently caress up what
Sleep on the island
I missed it too because I was like "that seems like a bad idea / I don't need to sleep!"

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Sleep on the island
I missed it too because I was like "that seems like a bad idea / I don't need to sleep!"

sleeping on the island in most runs will get you the dora dream, they're talking about the other possible dream sequence which requires you to never be reminded of dora for the entire run

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
welp im in the middle of a high phys/no touching the body run and I think I can still avoid the dora stuff time to figure out if I missed this on my ten other runs somehow.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I actually got it on my second run without even knowing it was a thing you could get, I just decided I wanted to be a character who listened to his gut when it told him to move on and rejected it when it told him to cling to the past. But what's funny is that I never had the dream at all, I skipped sleeping on my first run, so when I finally got there I was still so incredibly confused by a lot of the talk in here. Finally watched a video of the normal one online, hah.

It's not a huge thing, so don't get your hopes up too high, certainly not enough to do a run around by itself, but if you like chasing after stuff like this it's nice and it was a pleasant surprise.

Which reminds me that one of my absolute favorite parts of this game is just how seriously committed they are to creating content the majority of players will miss. It would have been so easy to make the sequence we're talking about mandatory, and they didn't, and I love that. (Although I think they made either dream in general way too hard to miss in this one particular case by putting it behind such a seemingly stupid decision, but as a general design approach it was great)

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

repiv posted:

sleeping on the island in most runs will get you the dora dream, they're talking about the other possible dream sequence which requires you to never be reminded of dora for the entire run

Oh poo poo misread. That's wild.