Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

If you already believe in the supernatural, UFOs and Bigfoot etc, then it gives you a coherent theology that's rooted in tradition and not the drugged up ramblings of deluded dupes and their handlers.

If you really believe in it then you can talk to God and maybe feel better.

Riot Bimbo posted:

reaching out to God in those ways and actually finding something is one of the most amazing feelings in the world and I'm lucky enough I've managed to ever do it.

I also think it's likely that the elites actually do believe they're worshiping demons and it's worthwhile to learn about then even if you don't believe.

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 21:24 on Jan 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

mawarannahr posted:

and related this to modern conditions that beckon people to become pigs and to throw themselves off a cliff (suicide, drugs etc - what we know as the products of alienation).

it’s interesting how those problems are identified even if I don’t believe it.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

he did remark he saw a lot of weird poo poo when he stayed at this monastery

I think that’s somewhat considered a hotspot? yon probably read more about this area.

Florence is a big prison town lol. That's basically all it is

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

Open your eyes and look at what we did. We are basically relying on some sci-fi poo poo becoming reality to save this dead gay planet.

It would take a mammoth effort to not do what we did. You'd have to be playing 8d chess with 1000 year plans. We can't even budget for subsequent generations let alone guide humanity to survival on our own planet for long enough to escape it

The assertion is what species could possibly overcome material realities and not gently caress it's self over well before speed of light travel or whatever

Pages back, but this reminded me that some rednecks blew up the Georgia Guidestones because they said to carefully guide humanity, lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

For more perspective on demons there’s this podcast. It’s pretty listenable, like, it’s got some of the cadence of a well researched Leftist Podcast

https://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/lordofspirits/monstrous_compendium

quote:

Lord of Spirits discusses the monstrosity of madness and demonic possession. What does the Bible say about these things? What is the ancient context? Join Fr. Stephen and Fr. Andrew for their annual Halloween episode.

idk why I’m posting this but it’s interesting

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

Pages back, but this reminded me that some rednecks blew up the Georgia Guidestones because they said to carefully guide humanity, lmao

the guidestones were gross, their safe demolition hilarious

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

War and Pieces posted:

just say you believe in angels and demons and be done with it

Um yes, but that's unrelated to my belief in UFOs. Obviously not materialist of me, but I can't choose not to believe any more than you could choose to believe.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

I'm telling you it's not unrelated it's the same phenomenon. Whither these things are all in our heads is another question.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

War and Pieces posted:

I'm telling you it's not unrelated it's the same phenomenon. Whither these things are all in our heads is another question.

My cosmology allows for multiple kinds of nonhuman intelligences being active on Earth. :shrug:

Personally I subscribe to the theory of UFOs being explainable scientifically but they are utilizing science beyond the scope of our current understanding.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Maybe anyone can be a devil, or your angle

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it can be the thing the greeks called daimon, or christian demons, or some kind of phenomenon that's directly related to spiritual/religious matters, but that doesn't instantly validate the understanding those beliefs have of the phenomena, just that they could be linked vOv I dont think it's that unreasonable when so much is flatly not known

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Maybe anyone can be a devil, or your angle

call me baby

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Azathoth posted:

My cosmology allows for multiple kinds of nonhuman intelligences being active on Earth. :shrug:

Personally I subscribe to the theory of UFOs being explainable scientifically but they are utilizing science beyond the scope of our current understanding.

I mean you do you sure I just think it's very silly to claim two outrageous beliefs when just the one does the job good enough.

You'll hear plenty of so-called atheists claim the opposite, that the Ancient Aliens took the form of Gods, for the same reason. They're allmost like incompatible belief systems.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Animal-Mother posted:

They said to limit population to 500 million. We have enough resources for eight billion people if we get rid of billionaires, factory farms, and one hour driving commutes, but that's unacceptable to whoever paid six figures to erect that monument.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
I like UFOs because it's a wild subject that lets you see how govt disinformation works, it's easy to track the various disclosure scams and stuff like Richard Doty begetting Dulce Base, cattle mutilations, abductions/hybrid narratives.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hello baby, I am Father

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
what about Squirtus I'mGay

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/sethharpesq/status/1616467718768664577?s=20&t=JBg4cjtFrGi6Nu5WbWt8cw

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

fort bragg should be fenced off from the rest of the world like chernobyl, we need to contain this hosed up poo poo

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

If game developers had any balls they would do a surviver shooter set in Fort Bragg

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

set GTA 6 in Fort Bragg

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A good chunk of gta 5 is the fbi and cia committing acts of terror to own each other

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Your reward for 100% completing gta 5 is getting to meet bigfoot and see ufos. For some reason the game is big on conspiracy stuff

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Azathoth posted:

Sounds like "woo" to me. When someone brings up a theory I say hey. better not be any "WOO" in there

War and Pieces posted:

See this guy gets it. Everything I agree with is real and everything I disagree with is schizophrenia

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Your reward for 100% completing gta 5 is getting to meet bigfoot and see ufos. For some reason the game is big on conspiracy stuff

GTA San Andreas had all kinds of player rumors specifically about Bigfoot and aliens- of course they weren't actually in the game (think Luigi in Mario 64) so for this iteration they decided to go full out and actually put that stuff in there.

And then of course there's the really wacky, out-of-this-world stuff already mentioned like the agencies doing Gladio against each other

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

everything is real. trivialism ftw

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Zodium posted:

I can't take any theory about UFOs or aliens seriously unless it views spirituality as the product of a diseased mind. I'm smart, like NDT

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

that's true.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

UFO theories most to least dumb

Aliens are materially real
Aliens are a psychotic delusion
Aliens are spiritually real
Aliens are metaphor for alienation

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
You might say the real aliens were the friends we didn't make along the way. Thanks bud we can take it from here

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

War and Pieces posted:

UFO theories most to least dumb

Aliens are materially real
Aliens are a psychotic delusion
Aliens are spiritually real
Aliens are metaphor for alienation

those are all true statements.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Zodium posted:

those are all true statements.

Yeah the credibility varies by person, not by what is being claimed intrinsically

Crazy and sane people have made these claims but claiming it itself is not the thing that makes one crazy

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

of course not. all claims are true, regardless of how crazy the claimant is.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Hmmmm very concerning https://twitter.com/kate_ross_/status/1616688045322903562

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I was watching The Contractor the other day and the opening shot has the protagonist reporting for duty at Fort Bragg and I started hooting and hollering

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

a few weeks ago i was working with a guy that mentioned how he had recently done some work in a BSL4 lab in fort detrick and i really had to censor my internal reaction, lol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was watching The Contractor the other day and the opening shot has the protagonist reporting for duty at Fort Bragg and I started hooting and hollering

its cool how every action movie starts off with the premise of being ex cia or sf

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

War and Pieces posted:

If game developers had any balls they would do a surviver shooter set in Fort Bragg

fayettenam o7

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
everything is real

but what you experience is the path locally extremezing the action functional

Zodium posted:

qft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
when i was at fort bragg some guy got arrested by having his girlfriend advertise as a prostitute on craiglist and then he would just rob johns who showed up at the hotel and just let them go, i guess?

Shocking someone called the cops on this duo.

He wasn't SF proper but was in a special unit too

There was regular soldier committed crimes but i certainly don't remember monthly murders, things are going great I guess?

Also, I always heard rumors about guys working for cartels as a backup retirement plan and this cartels dont exist book is making me go hmmmmmmmmm

edit: also there was a urban legend that problems got buried out in those pine forests and if you were digging and found a buried green beret (the actual hat) to stop digging

A Bakers Cousin has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Jan 21, 2023