Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Who has reached infinite this season out of curiosity ITT? I know one did with galactus last week

But yea in theory every deck can make it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Reaching infinite is not a measure of anything but time invested. If you can hit 50 you can hit infinite, because at that point you are all in the same matchmaking pool (also determined by collection level). Saw this confirmed when a 50s rank streamer came up against another steamer that was already infinite.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I'm just barely into p3 (and not running into too many people that have loads of p3 cards, so I guess they made it less of a hard cutoff) and pretty satisfied with just slapping Zabu into my Dino deck - if he hits one thing you're pretty happy, if he'd whiff you probably have something else to do.

iirc I'm only running three 4 drops rn - queen and moon girl of course, plus Shang chi

odds of pulling one by t6 are good

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I guess technically Moon Girl Shenanigans can generate more 4-drops, and of course there's cable and a13 to go fishing

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Been having a good run today dropping destroyer on t6 when it's obvious that my opponent is going to play leader

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Bottom Liner posted:

Patriot, control, ramp, destroy, discard, etc etc etc.
If anyone has infinite with these this season at 1k+ CL would love to see the deck! Every single streamer or player I've seen report hitting infinite this season at higher CL has done it with surfer/galactus/shuri/zabu.

RevKrule posted:

Any and every deck can hit infinite. Knowing when to snap and when to retreat is absolutely much more important. I have a full pool 3 and a lot of pool 4 and 5 but I've never been able to make it to infinite because I'm absolutely awful at knowing when to press and when to pull back. One of my best performing and favorite decks doesn't have a single card higher than pool 2.
I hit infinite last season with dino+aero. I was a great player! Now I can't get past 80 with that deck because the S5 releases made me a worse player.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 21, 2023

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hey finally opened Hela, now I just need Ghost Rider to be a full on discard enjoyer

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I'm just barely into p3 (and not running into too many people that have loads of p3 cards, so I guess they made it less of a hard cutoff) and pretty satisfied with just slapping Zabu into my Dino deck - if he hits one thing you're pretty happy, if he'd whiff you probably have something else to do.

iirc I'm only running three 4 drops rn - queen and moon girl of course, plus Shang chi

odds of pulling one by t6 are good

Are you above 594 collection level? That's when the matchmaking imploded on me

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No Wave posted:

That's not a you problem. Decks that dont run surfer, zabu, shuri, or galactus are not as good.

I get that. But with only a few exceptions, I haven't made any decks. I've copied many off the internet though. It's been a long time since I played a deck builder and I'd like to actually get good at building decks instead of just fighting for rank. Right now I have cards I have never used and I've unlocked more cards I haven't used, and I'd like to actually use them.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

the_american_dream posted:

Hey finally opened Hela, now I just need Ghost Rider to be a full on discard enjoyer
Yeah I also still need Ghost Rider to be able to really do a full discard deck. I have just about everything else already. I also feel like half the players I play now do discard.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Ghost Rider was literally my last pool 3 card and I'm still very salty about it.

Really wanted to run discard decks last season but w/o Ghost Rider it just wasn't happening.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Studio posted:

Are you above 594 collection level? That's when the matchmaking imploded on me

500-some (wanted to see the daily token thing even though i have no tokens, more chances to pull what I need for Better Dino Deck), was just gonna blow all my credits when I hit the cap but if 594 is the Problem Level I can skirt that a little longer

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

RevKrule posted:

Ghost Rider was literally my last pool 3 card and I'm still very salty about it.

Really wanted to run discard decks last season but w/o Ghost Rider it just wasn't happening.

I am having the opposite issue with not having Hela but having most other parts of the discard deck :(

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No Wave posted:

I hit infinite last season with dino+aero. I was a great player! Now I can't get past 80 with that deck because the S5 releases made me a worse player.

Maybe you're on tilt?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Right before they retreated. The Hobgoblins never crossed over since I filled the lane, but they left room for the Hood. :D

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Who has reached infinite this season out of curiosity ITT? I know one did with galactus last week

But yea in theory every deck can make it

Yeah I did with Galactus when Altar of Death was active. Electro is extremely broken with that location.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm trying to make this deck work. It almost feels like there's too much card generation. Collector, Beast, Omega Red, Taskmaster and Fury are the cards I want to keep. Maybe I should drop Cable, Agent 13 and White Queen? Or should I just put Beast in a different deck?

# (1) Agent 13
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Beast
# (2) Cable
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) Omega Red
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Nick Fury
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdlbnQxMyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FibGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoZUNvbGxlY3RvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWNrRnVyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmVhc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRhc2ttYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9tZWdhUmVkIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Walla posted:

I'm trying to make this deck work. It almost feels like there's too much card generation. Collector, Beast, Omega Red, Taskmaster and Fury are the cards I want to keep. Maybe I should drop Cable, Agent 13 and White Queen? Or should I just put Beast in a different deck?

What exactly is the gameplan?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Quackles posted:

What exactly is the gameplan?

Buff Collector which coincidentally buffs Dino. Taskmaster is just there to copy the Dinosaur in case I don't make a copy with Moon Girl.

Mostly I'm just trying to use cards that I don't normally and have a working deck. I never had any luck with Dino but I know a lot of people like him.

Weirdly I had better luck with Dino when I put Ronan in the same deck.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Opponent played Leader into his Cosmo lane

I emoted 73 times

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Walla posted:

# (1) Agent 13
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Beast
# (2) Cable
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) Omega Red
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Nick Fury
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdlbnQxMyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FibGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoZUNvbGxlY3RvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWNrRnVyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmVhc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRhc2ttYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9tZWdhUmVkIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Omega Red feels really out of place in this deck and his +4 isn't that great. I've never seen him work well without both Iron Man and Onslaught to just absolutely demolish a lane.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Walla posted:

# (1) Agent 13
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Beast
# (2) Cable
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) Omega Red
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Nick Fury
# (6) America Chavez
#
#

This list is very top heavy, with no way to cheat anything out. You honestly don't have that much card generation, and the reason it feels like too much is probably that you don't start playing anything until turn 3 or even 4 in a lot of games. I'd definitely drop at least America; even in games where you can't pull off double dino, you've got enough potential turn 6 plays that at least one of them should pretty much always be available.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
There's 9 cards in my deck and yet I STILL forget what I just discarded a turn ago. Why is there no way to see your discard/destroyed pile in this game.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Walla posted:

Buff Collector which coincidentally buffs Dino. Taskmaster is just there to copy the Dinosaur in case I don't make a copy with Moon Girl.

Mostly I'm just trying to use cards that I don't normally and have a working deck. I never had any luck with Dino but I know a lot of people like him.

I have a sorta similarish deck and I have good luck with agent 13 + cable + agent coulson on the cheaper end

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Opponent played Leader into his Cosmo lane

I emoted 73 times
I know I’ve done dumb poo poo like that before

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well I already ran into someone playing a Sauron deck, who threw Typhoid Mary and Red Skull at me without penalty

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RevKrule posted:

Omega Red feels really out of place in this deck and his +4 isn't that great. I've never seen him work well without both Iron Man and Onslaught to just absolutely demolish a lane.

Yeah, I see that. I was hoping to make him work with Dino/Taskmaster but it just hasn't happened.

Cattail Prophet posted:

This list is very top heavy, with no way to cheat anything out. You honestly don't have that much card generation, and the reason it feels like too much is probably that you don't start playing anything until turn 3 or even 4 in a lot of games. I'd definitely drop at least America; even in games where you can't pull off double dino, you've got enough potential turn 6 plays that at least one of them should pretty much always be available.

Chavez is supposed to be good for consistency but she's always felt kinda awkward except for dump decks. I'm thinking of dropping her, Red and Queen but I just don't know who to replace her with.

Tom Smykowski posted:

I have a sorta similarish deck and I have good luck with agent 13 + cable + agent coulson on the cheaper end

I don't have Coulson unfortunately. Or Quinjet or Maria Hill.

I used to have a deck with Dino, Ronan and Sandman. It used Korg, Baron Mordo and Maximus to help inflate the opponent's hand. Maybe I'll make that deck again.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

I know I’ve done dumb poo poo like that before

Just last night I dropped Wong and Surfer on the location that stops on reveal effects.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Hmm, just lost a very weird match. Project Pegasus on round 1, opponent drops Blue Marvel on 2nd lane, which turns out to be Onslaught's Citadel. Then on Turn 5, they....play Blue Marvel again? I ended up losing to Iron Man, so I'm not upset, just confused.

Ripped from the Marvel Snap tracker & https://marvelsnap.pro

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Walla posted:

Beast is a really fun card and I like using him when I can but I've been messing around with Collector/Dino lists lately and you are constantly coming up against the handsize limit, even with Quinjet on the field reducing the cost of cards you add. Especially if you're running the higher-cost card gen like Nick Fury.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ninurta posted:

Hmm, just lost a very weird match. Project Pegasus on round 1, opponent drops Blue Marvel on 2nd lane, which turns out to be Onslaught's Citadel. Then on Turn 5, they....play Blue Marvel again? I ended up losing to Iron Man, so I'm not upset, just confused.

Ripped from the Marvel Snap tracker & https://marvelsnap.pro

You sure the first one wasn't a Morph and you didn't see it come down? I think that's why Snap Tracker shows it with a modified cost of +2, because Morph is a 3-cost card that turned into a 5-cost.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Finally hit 90, it took me a full week to get here from 80. Used my gold to open some boxes and pulled this, have never seen it before.

Playing zabu with a bunch of good 4 costs (inc jubilee, ghost rider, Spider-Man (mvp) drac) and giganto, Chavez and infinaut took me over the hump. Jesus that was painful.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

goferchan posted:

You sure the first one wasn't a Morph and you didn't see it come down? I think that's why Snap Tracker shows it with a modified cost of +2, because Morph is a 3-cost card that turned into a 5-cost.

I don't have Blue Marvel in that deck I'm an idiot, I do have Blue Marvel, as I obviously played it.

Ninurta fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 21, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

goferchan posted:

Beast is a really fun card and I like using him when I can but I've been messing around with Collector/Dino lists lately and you are constantly coming up against the handsize limit, even with Quinjet on the field reducing the cost of cards you add. Especially if you're running the higher-cost card gen like Nick Fury.

Yeah, maybe I should drop Beast and just do a bounce deck with him and Falcon. Mind posting 1 of your decks? I've never been able to get Dino to feel effective.

I did put together a Sera deck with a Lady Sif-Ghost Rider-Infinaut combo. It's pretty fun. I also have a Magneto deck that I just unlocked Polaris for. Now I just need Aero for the full set.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

These season pass rewards are rear end. The last 5 in a row have been loving boosters.

Also it seems I'm most comfortable playing zoo style decks, whether it's a Sera control deck or a reverse zoo or a dump deck. Any suggestions for getting comfortable playing other styles or should I just stick with what feels good?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

He remains the goodest boy.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Finally snagged Magick. (Around cl 1600). Now I can run the Magick/Moon Girl/Shehulk/Infinaut deck and lol it's fun throwing down 40+ power on turn 7.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Walla posted:

These season pass rewards are rear end. The last 5 in a row have been loving boosters.

Also it seems I'm most comfortable playing zoo style decks, whether it's a Sera control deck or a reverse zoo or a dump deck. Any suggestions for getting comfortable playing other styles or should I just stick with what feels good?

Stick with what feels good and what you're having fun with. If you want to try other styles it's probably worth looking at ramp if you have Electro/Psylocke/Wave (in that order of goodness for ramp). I tend to think of a card and then search around what decks use that card. Most of the snap sites also have things that synergize with the card too which helps think of decks.

shove me like you do posted:

Finally snagged Magick. (Around cl 1600). Now I can run the Magick/Moon Girl/Shehulk/Infinaut deck and lol it's fun throwing down 40+ power on turn 7.

I just started running this and it feels good but also a lot of these decks feel good to start and then bad draws and locations keep happening to kill the vibe.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RevKrule posted:

Stick with what feels good and what you're having fun with. If you want to try other styles it's probably worth looking at ramp if you have Electro/Psylocke/Wave (in that order of goodness for ramp). I tend to think of a card and then search around what decks use that card. Most of the snap sites also have things that synergize with the card too which helps think of decks.

I don't have any of that. I do have this weird Sera deck with a destroy and discard combo, but I might separate the 2 out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

RevKrule posted:

I just started running this and it feels good but also a lot of these decks feel good to start and then bad draws and locations keep happening to kill the vibe.

Since this deck is so reliant on big t7 drops I run both Scarlett witch and Rhino in it. Which definitely mitigates the location problem. Also America Chavez is a good way to slightly skew the rng in your favor (your deck size essentially counts as 1 less for turns 0-5)

As an aside it is funny skipping turn 6 and seeing a leader completely whiff. :bisonyes:

I'm also fooling around with a thor/wong/odin/Jane foster deck that while it isn't great it is fun when it pops off.

shove me like you do fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 21, 2023