Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Smythe posted:

my left ear has been ringing for like 12 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sometimes I like to do a weekly challenge in FO76. It is a series of tasks that are wholely disconnected from your narratively focused story based narrative. I can teleport to someplace where everybody meets up to shoot aliens. Sometimes I just gotta keep a look out for a type of item. Sometimes I gotta go hang out at my C.A.M.P. and make an adjustment or addition to your nerd base.

Sometimes I like playing videogames

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
But how will it affirm your life until you pass a speech check with an unfinished faction and thus win the game?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
wealth beyond measure, outlander

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Brother, I've never launched a nuke myself. That's the carrot at the end of the storyline stick. But any time I've ever needed someplace nuked, it has been nuked on cool down by someone else who wants visitors to their Cranberry Bog blinged out hunting blind.

Wastelanders added a bit of content that is the Bethesda storytelling down to it's elemental components. I did a string of randomly assigned quests for an NPC. He slowly recited his e/n post history and slept on my couch.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Tankbuster posted:

But how will it affirm your life until you pass a speech check with an unfinished faction and thus win the game?

are the fallout fans having their lives affirmed by these speech checks in the room with us right now?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Bethesda are so bad at making games but any other open world rpg I can't walk into a store and individually steal each apple from the counter when the shopkeep isnt looking so I'll keep buying that garbage

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Fallout is a series with 2 games good enough i revisit them from time to time (FO1, New Vegas), it doesn't bother me if they never make another good FO again because they can't take those away from me

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I know we already talked about it but I don't do podcasts when I game, but maybe I should start. They've always felt like chores and driving listening for me.

Hooplah posted:

morrowind ftw

Dalmuti posted:

:same:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

Fallout is garbage my guy. Attracts insufferable pricks who have to think their games mean something or are providing substantive criticism while gorging themselves living in the heart of the capitalist machine.

you blew it in the second sentence

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i will play all fallouts and never play dark souls, elden ring, disco elysium, etc

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

tristeham posted:

he's right

COPE 27 posted:

I tried watching it yesterday and I was literally lolling at the thought of it being the best show of the year

it sucks so bad

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its hard to take a video game tv show being bad/harbringer of destruction when theyre talking enthusiastically about another tv show that sounds equally dumb as poo poo &or for children as well

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

The Chad Jihad posted:

Bethesda are so bad at making games but any other open world rpg I can't walk into a store and individually steal each apple from the counter when the shopkeep isnt looking so I'll keep buying that garbage

its kind of like the total war games. CA is the worst at making that sort of game but everyone else isn't even trying.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Smythe posted:

i like to play deckbuilder games

what are some good ones? sometimes i want a casual game i can play while winding down instead of fraggin some noobs and getting called the n word

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

judging u all by ur consumption choices

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

crepeface posted:

what are some good ones? sometimes i want a casual game i can play while winding down instead of fraggin some noobs and getting called the n word

i play slay the spire and monster train but theres a million of them and a huge thread in games. im noob tho. i suck

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
gently caress it, may as well join in the Escapist posting

FO2 > NV > FO1 > capitalism > 4 > 3

e: never played 76 because why the gently caress would I, nor Tactics because see previous

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

Slay the spire is GOAT. monster train, trials of fire, griftlands, across the obelisk, fights in tight spaces are all good as well

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I liked the power armor in 4. It was fun roaming around being a walking tonk.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Smythe posted:

i play slay the spire and monster train but theres a million of them and a huge thread in games. im noob tho. i suck

some plague rats posted:

Slay the spire is GOAT. monster train, trials of fire, griftlands, across the obelisk, fights in tight spaces are all good as well

kewl. i played monster train a lot, i will try slay the spire.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dalmuti posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

i will... never play disco elysium

sigh

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

studio mujahideen posted:

saying devs should make a game about a specific time period in america, especially the 50s, without "social commentary" is pretty lol

every cop in LA Noire is so aggro, "you wanna tell me how you know the vic, buddy or want my partner to slam the door on your head?"

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.
the English brace into in the new true anon is wild

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1616631098036871172?s=20&t=tSYLEnMWhdlGIRHM5WnNSQ

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Honest Thief posted:

every cop in LA Noire is so aggro, "you wanna tell me how you know the vic, buddy or want my partner to slam the door on your head?"

50s LA cops? If anything it's unrealistic that they let you pick the first option.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Gonna have to start watching this, lol

CARMELA HARRIS

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Gripweed posted:

50s LA cops? If anything it's unrealistic that they let you pick the first option.

phelps is such an unhinged ptsd war vet every witness he interviews he's about to smack them across the lip if theyre a woman
great game

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

maybe like 1% of you will get this but his cadence here is starting to sound exactly like the escape from tarkov streamer aquafps, that "you SICK FREAK" is uncanny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The game Pentiment is on PC game pass and makes a nice companion piece to Hell On Earth

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The game Pentiment is on PC game pass and makes a nice companion piece to Hell On Earth

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
If you want to consume Pentiment as a podcast, there are let's plays on youtube where you can have someone else choose your own adventure. You can press space to read things or find someone who is reading every line. My preferred one is a_raving_loon, he is unintrusive and provides enough context bits. You find your videogame streamer of choice to read this story about books.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

KirbyKhan posted:

If you want to consume Pentiment as a podcast, there are let's plays on youtube where you can have someone else choose your own adventure. You can press space to read things or find someone who is reading every line. My preferred one is a_raving_loon, he is unintrusive and provides enough context bits. You find your videogame streamer of choice to read this story about books.

that sounds terrible

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I love to consume adventures

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
My favorite podcasts are those "10 hours of thunderstorms" videos on Youtube

selec
Sep 6, 2003

some plague rats posted:

I had an excellent time with griftlands but I heard slay the spire is much harder c/d?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Any good podcast recs that are female led? My fiance is almost out of My Favorite Murder and would like to find one for after that, and she's not into grim history podcasts and that's mostly what I got.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
History of the Crusades and the Pre History Podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

skooma512 posted:

Any good podcast recs that are female led? My fiance is almost out of My Favorite Murder and would like to find one for after that, and she's not into grim history podcasts and that's mostly what I got.

generation loss