Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Man, the tank game really has changed to "do you play Orissa"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Man, the tank game really has changed to "do you play Orissa"

as someone who almost exclusively played Ori in OW2 its nice to swap off of her and demolish the enemy as a different tank cuz im so drat used to her CDs and strats

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Finally finished the Battle Pass this season. Dunno if I have it in me to do the next one, lol. The mythic skin has to be really good for me to care.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

teagone posted:

Finally finished the Battle Pass this season. Dunno if I have it in me to do the next one, lol. The mythic skin has to be really good for me to care.

I'm currently pushing for the Titan prestige title. Only 30 ranks to go. Then I will probably be utterly burned out and hate myself and the game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
oh there are new titles? wwhat the gently caress

ah who cares bytefixer 4 lyfe

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the title stuff is shockingly low effort by blizz and they should really have like an animated emblem background like in cod or something

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

SadisTech posted:

I'm currently pushing for the Titan prestige title.

Gross. Lol.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

comedyblissoption posted:

the title stuff is shockingly low effort by blizz and they should really have like an animated emblem background like in cod or something

Nah the "souvenier" poo poo is GARBAGE

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

if there's not a character next season, I'm not sure why anyone would get the battlepass

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah the battlepass is way worse than lootboxes which is wild.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Rick posted:

Yeah the battlepass is way worse than lootboxes which is wild.

It's actually impressive how lovely Blizzard has become.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Wait theres no new character next season? Big lmao

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

good imo

also give hog his OW1 hook around the corner poo poo back imo im tired of these DPS always slinking away "ahh do better hit your shots" gently caress you i like hookin'

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Every other battlepass from now on I think. It's just a new map for the upcoming one.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

if there's not a character next season, I'm not sure why anyone would get the battlepass

For the mythic skin, that's honestly the only reason even when there's a new character. FOMO poo poo.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I didn't get the battlepass this season, I just grinded to get Rammatra fairly quickly. No regrets.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The only way Blizzard can scam :10bux: out of me is if they add a really good mythic skin for Orisa, Moira or Symmetra, and none of those characters are popular enough to get mythic skins before the game crashes and burns.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 21, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1616604267116126208?s=20&t=aaR9SzVF8K0Cy-RoALCxyg

my theory is that Junker Queen won because people want to play her but she sucks in other modes.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

teagone posted:

I only made it to level 50. Not sure if I can push through the rest. If the game were more fun, it wouldn't be a problem. The 5v5 thing is turning out to be much less interesting.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I guess what's good for me is that I don't care about cosmetics at all, I just be playing

I'm at 126 now, so I figure next season I won't buy and see how much the lack of a experience bonus affects my progress

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I guess what's good for me is that I don't care about cosmetics at all, I just be playing

I'm at 126 now, so I figure next season I won't buy and see how much the lack of a experience bonus affects my progress

Yeah i dont really care about cosmetics from a game experience perspective, but i like collecting and optimizing resource gain and RPG type mechanics. At least I like that stuff when im playing the primary game anyway.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

verbal enema posted:

Nah the "souvenier" poo poo is GARBAGE

I've seen someone use a souvenir emote exactly *once* in my entire time playing OW2

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Reason #99 never to give up or go toxic:

Busan Meka base match: We got rolled badly.
Like I got 4 kills as Sojourne and our supports got 1 and 2. That's all our eliminations.
We swapped all the heroes for the next 2 maps and won.
They were close rounds that could have gone either way, but we succeeded.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

my hands down favorite "i must go, my planet needs me" excuses was in a league game where a guy said he had to walk to the well a couple miles away to get water for his village, and it's a ridiculous enough of an explanation that i kinda believed it

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Issaries posted:

Reason #99 never to give up or go toxic:

Busan Meka base match: We got rolled badly.
Like I got 4 kills as Sojourne and our supports got 1 and 2. That's all our eliminations.
We swapped all the heroes for the next 2 maps and won.
They were close rounds that could have gone either way, but we succeeded.

OW pubbies absolutely love freaking out and giving up at the first sign of hardship so respect for rising above

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
mental resilience to keep playing is an actual skill and people at higher ranks have way better mental

a lot of people seem to basically give up after losing the first two fights even though the game is inherently snowbally with ult economy, which contributes to the games feeling even more snowbally

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

mental resilience to keep playing is an actual skill and people at higher ranks have way better mental

a lot of people seem to basically give up after losing the first two fights even though the game is inherently snowbally with ult economy, which contributes to the games feeling even more snowbally

yeah, a huge amount of climbing in any competitive multiplayer game, especially team-based multiplayer, is mental resilience

i think it's easy to overestimate the composure of the enemy team simply because things are going their way, but if you start ratcheting things back then that sense of, "we had this in the loving bag and now we're losing," can be just as crushing, if not more so, as starting off on the wrong foot. sometimes all you really gotta do is find a good play to give your team some hope that things can swing back the other way and capitalize off of that

Vermain fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 21, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'm really bad at that kind of thing but I've been trying a new thing where if I feel like we're losing and I'm playing tank, I just switch to Junker Queen. We may still lose but I'm at least going to enjoy myself

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Hahahaha

Absolutely not imo

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i never said they had good mental. i said they had better mental. an important difference and it's absolutely true IME playing w/ golds and in GM.

way higher probability to basically stop playing at lower ranks while higher ranks are a lot more used to losing a single fight and GG go next.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

there's a definite difference in rank between "game starts going bad and you get grumpy and start swearing and playing a little worse" and "game starts going bad and you give up and start running it down"

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Games that make you say "OK I'm done for today":

Push map. We roll the enemy team with our tank on Orisa into Hog for 110 on the first push with them at 0. Our tank says "this is too easy", switches to JQ and proceeds to die very early each team fight with no further impact and no further elims for the entire rest of the match. They didn't reach our end but they won on distance. The tank then blames the supports.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
saw this vid and thought it would be a good illustration of why k/d ratio in a single game is a stupid thing to focus on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Zc-0MHf-s

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
https://twitter.com/chengduhunters/status/1617555567916249090?s=46&t=0lHiMLMpg1VyrP7LuzqBqQ

Overwatch in China is gone. Still can't wrap my head around Blizzard's decision-making with this.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

....wtf? Is it banned?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Cpt_Obvious posted:

....wtf? Is it banned?

No but Blizzard backed out of the deal they had with this one company before they found another one so oops can't sell anything in China right now.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

SirKibbles posted:

No but Blizzard backed out of the deal they had with this one company before they found another one so oops can't sell anything in China right now.

"This one company" referring to Netease, one of the biggest internet platforms and games distributors in China. From what I understand, foreign companies need to make a deal with a Chinese company in order to legally distribute games and set up an online platform in the mainland Chinese market.

No deal means no access to the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
e: bloodborne stuff not OW2 stuff
oops lmao wrong thread

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 24, 2023