Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yet they keep featuring it in advertisements. For instance in the Judgment Day event trailer, the T-832 fights a CDC, which bounces a ton of shells and does a bunch of other poo poo that a real CDC would never do.

It does effortlessly absorb a few shells, which is accurate though :buddy:

Wishful thinking: WG have removed it from sales temporarily to work out how to buff it, along with the M64K and whatever the gently caress else is objectively garbage and unseen in Randoms right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I guess this dropped out of nowhere. From "we're working on this I dunno" to "it's released" in the blink of an eye. And of course you have to play loving Steel Hunters to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTu1yddi8SU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Neat, so how many loving sub-currencies exist in WoT now? I know it's still less than the clusterfuck they've turned WoWS into.

Also, so damned glad that I'm no longer in high-tier clan wars. I'd imagine the best clans will 1) make everyone grind this out, and 2) show screenshotted proof that their tanks are ~properly equipped~ lest they get relegated to the B- or C-teams.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 19, 2023

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

:smithicide:

Also this loving +/-25% on damage can gently caress right off. Renegade with 660hp left, I fire my 750 alpha 155mm gun and... 647dmg, leaving the fucker to edge just that bit closer and actually see me ten seconds later.

Edit:
EU server is loaded with the usual poo poo-dribbling piss-drinkers taking all the top-tier positions in the +2MM and the weekend has only just started. Jesus loving wept.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 20, 2023

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I got in early, and did okay,but I'm playing 7 max. Finished the at7 and last match was a mastery.

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?
Any PANZY around?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Hmm, the 122 is on sale for 10k gold. Should I get it?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I like my TM a lot, but it has limitations all around so you have to play it real carefully.
But yeah the gun is fantastic, so :shrug: there is not much to compare it to.
Maybe a Centurion 7/1 with the commander, driver and loader permanently capped at 75% base skill? And 300 pen HEAT.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

It's pretty drat good IMO. The gun is very accurate and hits very hard, but the reload time is quite slow. Also good gun depression, good turret armour, so very well suited for today's hull down meta. I know people poo poo on the thing hard when it first launched, but I've always liked mine a lot.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Ughhh. I mean I have 30k gold thanks to Christmas, so I guess I may as well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I can't help but think they're putting out decent "spend your Christmas gold" offers because they're getting ready to do another loving auction thing since people already hate them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I bought it because, what else am I really going to spend all that gold on?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Lazy Broker posted:

Any PANZY around?

There are people who still play. Yes.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Pretty decent video on the state of the game by a relative newcomer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nHOac5l8Co

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

I don't like the 122TM but I think that's because I tend to play aggressively and end up out gunned. It works better for me if I make sure if I have support or am the support, or if I play it like a TD. But the lower speed makes it hard to retreat or reposition to places with more support. It is much more effective in slower paced games.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TracerM17 posted:

I don't like the 122TM but I think that's because I tend to play aggressively and end up out gunned. It works better for me if I make sure if I have support or am the support, or if I play it like a TD. But the lower speed makes it hard to retreat or reposition to places with more support. It is much more effective in slower paced games.

They should give it rocket boosters.

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?

Katamari Democracy posted:

There are people who still play. Yes.

Great. I am still in NDP, if anyone is around and wants to team up send a PM.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

sauer kraut posted:

I like my TM a lot, but it has limitations all around so you have to play it real carefully.
But yeah the gun is fantastic, so :shrug: there is not much to compare it to.
Maybe a Centurion 7/1 with the commander, driver and loader permanently capped at 75% base skill? And 300 pen HEAT.

He already bought it, but for a comparison tank, it is a stg/guard, but with better gun depression thanks to the turret being mid mounted. I do think it has a slower reload to the stg/guard, but gameplay isn't far off from it even with that alteration. Just, you can fight on hill unlike the stg/guard.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
First game was almost 2k damage in it. It feels more like a TD that has mobility, I like it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Given the massively declining user numbers in WoT RU, I'm surprised they're not just giving a CW tank to anyone who clocks 250 hours played in a month's time just to boost their figures: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2023/01/23/wot-war-gods-amount-of-given-reward-tanks-region/

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
If the BZ-68 is the best of the rocket tank line then the whole line is in trouble. At best it's kind of fun when the gun hits, but even if the enemy tank takes up 90% of the reticle it's still 50/50 to whether the shot will even hit somewhere on the tank, let alone a weakspot. Lower plates, cupolas, weak upper plates... all completely safe from the BZ-68's derpy gun. I should buy a lottery ticket when the BZ-68 hits a tank over 200 meters away.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Every time I check up on this game it looks more and more like a lovely mobile game

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Control Volume posted:

Every time I check up on this game it looks more and more like a lovely mobile game

Oh, it's only getting worse.

I mean, they've let the low tiers all but rot, and they dumped a poo poo load of overpowered T5 premiums in with the reverse autoloading KV-1 and the PzV/IV, so you can't even really enjoy chain-running T5s anymore.

And whereas T7 used to be a nice compromise, now there are tons of overpowered T8 and T9 premiums that farm the poo poo out of T7s.

It's the World of Whales now. Eventually they're going to embrace the Chinese server's model and offer everything for cash. You'll still be able to grind things out the "old-fashioned way" most likely, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we don't see a $500 (or hell, even $1000) Object 279(e) package eventually. I mean, why not? Why let the account boosters get that money?

And now, with this experimental equipment poo poo? Again, I'm happy I'm no longer busting my rear end on CW. I thought it was a chore organizing a T10 subsidy program in SGLE "back in the day," requiring screenshots to prove people had met requirements for gold - I'd want to kill myself if I had to verify that people had the right builds on their tanks and chide people who didn't and dump them into the B/C/poo poo-tier teams.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The only fun remaining in this game is telling people who complain about their tank's weak cupola to grow a cupola balls.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Control Volume posted:

i pop in maybe once a year and spend like $15 bucks on premium for a month, then put it away realizing i made a huge mistake

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I might actually get some use out of this trade-in "special."

I've got a T26E5 and Defender as well as a Patriot and a 252U, and I think ditching the former for a Chrysler K and WG-120-FT would probably check more boxes than having duplicates of a tank.

Of course, in an ideal world, I'd be able to re-roll my CW-awarded tanks into something nicer, even though I've a feeling they're never bringing the Chieftain/T95 back ever again. Or they'll just power creep it with something better.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot it's not a 1:1 conversion. Boo.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 27, 2023

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
These John Connor voice lines are really bad. I made the mistake of putting him in the Charioteer (a tank I actually like) and I am now regretting it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

TracerM17 posted:

These John Connor voice lines are really bad. I made the mistake of putting him in the Charioteer (a tank I actually like) and I am now regretting it.

What I don't get is that...it couldn't have been that expensive to get Robert Patrick to do some basic VO work. I get that after all the poo poo Dark Fate got that Linda Hamilton would've told them to gently caress off, and Arnie was probably too expensive to get again, but I'm pretty sure if they made a reasonable offer Patrick would've recorded a few T-1000 lines. It's not like the T-1000 had any catch phrases that could be sketchy from a legal standpoint.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

BIG HEADLINE posted:

What I don't get is that...it couldn't have been that expensive to get Robert Patrick to do some basic VO work. I get that after all the poo poo Dark Fate got that Linda Hamilton would've told them to gently caress off, and Arnie was probably too expensive to get again, but I'm pretty sure if they made a reasonable offer Patrick would've recorded a few T-1000 lines. It's not like the T-1000 had any catch phrases that could be sketchy from a legal standpoint.

didn't he only have like 2 or 3 lines in t2 though? like i know he's in the whole movie but he's mostly silent if i'm remembering right

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Lazy Broker posted:

Great. I am still in NDP, if anyone is around and wants to team up send a PM.

Hey I am really sorry for not inviting you. Were you able to get help in getting into the clan?

If you are not able to reach me. Feel free to reach out to my discord Katamari Democracy#9862

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

didn't he only have like 2 or 3 lines in t2 though? like i know he's in the whole movie but he's mostly silent if i'm remembering right

I think there was some T2 "ride" where he did more lines of dialog, plus he had that cameo in Wayne's World 2.

All the same, you get him, you have him record some lines, and trade on "the actual T-1000" actor thing to excuse the terribad John and Sarah Connor VO work.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

0 for 3 in my first 3 conq games! gently caress yeah fuckin LOVE for my t9 heavy to have 280 alpha and just get completely ignored by everyone until im the last one left

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

0 for 3 in my first 3 conq games! gently caress yeah fuckin LOVE for my t9 heavy to have 280 alpha and just get completely ignored by everyone until im the last one left

Yeah I tried for a few games, then free XP'd the top gun (which sadly requires other stuff as well) after which the Conqueror becomes amazing.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i have some 5x missions from the various events i was going to try and use but lmfao

it's so cool that you can't play the game when you first get a tank

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hope you didn't spend all your christmas gold on that t32 clone:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/assembly-shop-2023/

A leo1 with terrible guns stabilization, but otherwise the same gun as on the leo 1. The other difference is that it has a 3 shell reverse autoloader and then a 4th shell with a 20s reload time. This is going to be a comedic tank to meet on the battlefield by those that can't figure that out or place themselves in locations where they have to dump all 4 shells in a bid to try and survive. This will cost 55k gold straight up without anything else. Just like the previous assembly shop though, you'll be able to spend other bits and bobs as well.

In other news, wargaming's technical difficulties with the new equipment bits is still on hiatus. And they've decided that technical difficulties isn't the only problem. But claim it also needs a rebalance before they enable it again. If you missed out, well I'm sorry but you'll have to face those that did get them until such time as wargaming gets back to rebalancing them. Note that as of right now, the max anyone could show up with is one equipment at level 2 and no other equipment in the stores because of melting. I believe that was the calculus. So it is either a couple of tanks with a bank of all 3 at base level 1, or maybe someone that melted out and got one remaining equipment to level 2. Because they may have gotten one daily done before it was all shut off.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/experimental-equipment-update1/

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I love the autoreloader mechanic and tanks that use it in general, but fuuuuuck that noise. Burn 55k gold or "just" 15k or so after a metric ton of fragments/exp/silver/bonds I don't have? Bleh.

Taking an eternity (4.5s) to reload between shots is pretty bad too since you can't really make use of the magazine to trade without eating extra hits. It looks cool too, this sucks.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I'll admit to not having played in a hell of a long time but what is a reverse auto-loader ?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MREBoy posted:

I'll admit to not having played in a hell of a long time but what is a reverse auto-loader ?

The gun shoots out the butt.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

MREBoy posted:

Bad news for anyone on the wrong end of the gun.

Reverse auto-reloaders flip the auto-reloader mechanic on its head, with the first shell loading at the "normal" speed instead of the last, so you can mag-dump three shells into some poor fucker then effectively just bait-and-trade with them like you would when using a regular gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

MREBoy posted:

The deeper you go into the magazine, the faster it reloads. IS-3A style.
Lion just has a fourth shell on top of all THAT which is basically behind safety glass, for use only in emergencies.

This thing makes the Progetto65 looks so bad :smith:
Dump 3x420 damage, then go on with 7s reload. Brutal stuff.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 1, 2023