Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

speaking of i wonder when we're gonna get the announcement for the next monster hunter game

i feel like it should be this year, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Finished God of War 2018. Great game. I got the plat and was gonna go for new game plus, but the whole reason I got it was that my PS5 was bundled with Ragnarok, so I think I can consider that one perma-done. :salute:

I'm a good ways through Ragnarok and MAN is the narrative in these games exceptional (for videogames). I just reached a point where Kratos apologizes to Atreus for distrusting him and I'm legit misty-eyed. He's growing as a person!! I will be truly weeping if he ever says thank you to someone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kerrzhe posted:

speaking of i wonder when we're gonna get the announcement for the next monster hunter game

I would put money on TGS this year with a 2024 release date since they still need to drop Sunbreak on the other consoles.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

hatty posted:

I’ve always told people that I want to be the first human to die on Mars or Mercury

I don't wanna be one of the Ghosts of Mars

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TLR:

Oh yay a sidequest just dropped some transphobia thanks a lot game. It doesn't help that this sidequest is one of those 'harvest a bunch of items over and over and over again' quests so I was already real mad at it

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Kerrzhe posted:

nah this year is Lost Planet 2: 2's time to shine; any moment now

and the trailer will just be a montage of various MH assets being painted over with sci-fi trappings, culminating in your beloved palamute fading into a PTX-140 Hardballer

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rarity posted:

TLR:

Oh yay a sidequest just dropped some transphobia thanks a lot game. It doesn't help that this sidequest is one of those 'harvest a bunch of items over and over and over again' quests so I was already real mad at it

TLR?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i almost forgot we're getting Wild Hearts in like 3 weeks. nice

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The Last Remnant. I honestly don't even remember it's been so long, sucks to here there was some. I actually can't think of the side quest off the top of my head that it could even be...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's a 2008 title so, yeah, i can definitely see that

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

why is the standard edition of wild hearts on steam 70 loving dollars

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

why is the standard edition of wild hearts on steam 70 loving dollars

welcome to the nightmare world of 2023, friend

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Evil Kit posted:

The Last Remnant. I honestly don't even remember it's been so long, sucks to here there was some. I actually can't think of the side quest off the top of my head that it could even be...

It's the Assistant, you gather a bunch of ingredients for a scientist so he can make a love potion for this hot girl he likes except and you know the rest

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain posted:

welcome to the nightmare world of 2023, friend

have there been other big releases at that price point recently? i dont buy console games so i'm not in the know on that front

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Kerrzhe posted:

have there been other big releases at that price point recently? i dont buy console games so i'm not in the know on that front

Like... all of them. The standard version of Forspoken is £65 on Steam. :psyduck:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rarity posted:

It's the Assistant, you gather a bunch of ingredients for a scientist so he can make a love potion for this hot girl he likes except and you know the rest

Huh, I genuinely don't remember that one. It has in fact been years since I played it though, sucks to hear it had transphobia in it and I didn't even notice/remember.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've done nothing but play league of legends and rocket league today and it's been great

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

stev posted:

Like... all of them. The standard version of Forspoken is £65 on Steam. :psyduck:

man. i guess wild hearts is the first one i've actually been interested enough in to look at the price. what a world we're living in :negative:

at least i have Wo Long, that one is only $60. though that's not til march

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

wo long is gonna be loving dope. i think team ninja's managed to smooth out most of nioh's rougher edges (excepting the random gear drops, but some people like that kinda thing i guess), and mythological china's a great aesthetic track to take, so i have high hopes for it

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Games going $70 while we're incareening towards a recession isn't gonna go well

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kerrzhe posted:

i almost forgot we're getting Wild Hearts in like 3 weeks. nice

I'm really curious what the possibility of this being good is. I know about the Toukiden games so I don't expect WH to fall on its face, but I feel like they've been really cagey about how various systems work and what makes it unique, there also seems to be no marketing budget at all which is worrisome when you're trying to compete with the playerbase of Capcom's biggest game, though I still expect it to up the ante on some level and force Capcom to deliver.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm planning on playing as much nioh2 i can tonight and tomorrow. unless my friend pops up and says "hey, you wanna play monster hunter?" in which case i will play monster hunter.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm planning on playing as much nioh2 i can tonight and tomorrow. unless my friend pops up and says "hey, you wanna play monster hunter?" in which case i will play monster hunter.

hell, same. just instead of nioh2 it's FFOSoP

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

blood money is the only early hitman that rates, and the only one that is really recognizable compared to the new hitmans. the train level is probably more representative of the series as a whole, than any of the good parts, taking into consideration 1, 2, and absolution

ah, well I think I might watch some speedruns or LPs of them instead, I want more sneaky simulation stuff over just killing folks and not getting caught. Fun game/s I see why I slept on the series but jumping in now was a good deal, hitman 1-3 feel good as one long game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wo long i think will be on gamepass

and actually i would think wild hearts would be too because it's EA

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

an important question: if I complete Die Hard 2 in Die Hard Trilogy on the PS1, have I beaten the game Die Hard 2: Die Harder as a part a collection of three games, or have i finished 33% of the game Die Hard Trilogy.

I need to know for record keeping purposes.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

depends on how hard you died

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

bone emulator posted:

an important question: if I complete Die Hard 2 in Die Hard Trilogy on the PS1, have I beaten the game Die Hard 2: Die Harder as a part a collection of three games, or have i finished 33% of the game Die Hard Trilogy.

I’m gonna say that because the games were never released separately you’ve only completed part of one game

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder how Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas factors into this...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

bone emulator posted:

33% of the game Die Hard Trilogy, mainly because all three parts of that game are vastly different from each other and all part of a distinct whole.

(Was DH2 the lightgun style rail shooter? That was the best one, whichever it was.)

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

bone emulator posted:

It’s one game although as a kid I remember finding it all very confusing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just buy the World of Misterfalconation pack

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
started monster hunter rise, you have to turn on z-targeting youreselfve oh you can get a big ol bug on your arm this game likely owns no cant get it to work weird controls

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 22, 2023

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Die Hard Trilogy was never released as separate games, it would be like saying completing Route A of Nier Automata is finishing the game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

started monster hunter rise, you have to turn on z-targeting youreselfve oh you can get a big ol bug on your arm this game likely owns no cant get it to work weird controls
you dont want lock on

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

One of those lazy rainy not giving a gently caress Sundays

bone emulator posted:

What does your heart tell you?

If it's a compilation, then yes you have completed the game
If it's Part 2 of a 3 Part game, then you have only completed 33%

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I liked Monster Hunter World but thought Rise sucked pretty bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

same but opposite

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

same but opposite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zjq7ktX8T8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I liked Monster Hunter World but thought Rise sucked pretty bad

I didn't think it sucked, but its progression had too much padding and repetition. MH already has repetition baked in with collecting materials for your gear, they didn't need to include more by having you fight the same monsters in the same order 3 separate times with only the occasional new ones sprinkled in.