Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Anyone getting a ALICE rig for their Haslab pack?

Somebody who got one already did this. Apparently its super easy, but if you put one on the pack won't fit on the included stand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TGczUy-Gss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I got to see the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra play the score along with the film last weekend. It definitely added to the experience.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That is so freakin' cool. I've seen Nosferatu with a live orchestra twice, but it'd be rad to see something more recent.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Got my shipping notification for the Haslab pack! :toot:

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Got my shipping notification for the Haslab pack! :toot:

WHERE MY PACK GIVE

ME MY PACK

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’ll get here Saturday morning!!! :dance:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

text me a vag pic posted:

WHERE MY PACK GIVE

ME MY PACK

"Chiiiiill, Winston..."

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
My pack has arrived. Jesus gently caress this box is huge.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Adam Savage just posted a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a727MV1HrmY

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bacon Terrorist posted:

My pack has arrived. Jesus gently caress this box is huge.

What kind of batteries does it need? Just so I can prepare before mine arrives (no shipping notice yet though :argh: )

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

4 D batteries.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

4 D batteries.

Sweet, thanks!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I foolishly thought I had D batteries but they were C batteries. Put some in tonight and it is sweet, wand connection works. I just wish I had more time to do more than admire it at the moment, I flicked the cyclotron switches but not sure if I did it right as it seemed to not work when I did that. More investigation needed.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

text me a vag pic posted:

WHERE MY PACK GIVE

ME MY PACK

My pack is shipping tomorrow!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Adam Savage has done a great video on weathering the pack up, swapping out bits, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a727MV1HrmY

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I was notified earlier today that my Haslab Ghostbusters pack is arriving tomorrow (!!!) via FedEx and I’m not going to be around to sign for it because I’m going to be at work, what do I do?

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Xenomrph posted:

I was notified earlier today that my Haslab Ghostbusters pack is arriving tomorrow (!!!) via FedEx and I’m not going to be around to sign for it because I’m going to be at work, what do I do?
Setup a hold at a Fedex store if that's an option

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

roffels posted:

Setup a hold at a Fedex store if that's an option

Yep I called them a little while ago and that’s what they’re going to do.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ohhh mine’s coming Friday now too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:stonklol:

It’s huge! And heavy!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh right, photo. The weathering is pretty slapdash, and not nearly as good as Adam Savage got.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Oh right, photo. The weathering is pretty slapdash, and not nearly as good as Adam Savage got.

Luckily I imagine the weathering is quite easy to pull back and redo but yeah, Adam definitely got one sent specifically to him that had extra care put into it.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I applied some weathering to my suit to make it a bit more Afterlife.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

I applied some weathering to my suit to make it a bit more Afterlife.

I’m guessing you of all people would have a screen accurate suit, where did you get yours?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Looks good. I mean bad. Bad, but in a good way.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

deoju posted:

Looks good. I mean bad. Bad, but in a good way.

Peter: "It never used to look like that. It used to look better. "

gregday
May 23, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

I’m guessing you of all people would have a screen accurate suit, where did you get yours?

Magnoli Clothiers

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

Magnoli Clothiers

Holy moly $225 for the jumpsuit, another $215 for the boots

gregday
May 23, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Holy moly $225 for the jumpsuit, another $215 for the boots

Corcorran boots are pretty comparable if you can the right model.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I am mashing refresh on the package tracking page because they said my pack will be here today but it still says in transit ooh GOD PLEASE CRUSH MY HEAD

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Picked up an ALICE frame and backpack for $25 today :toot:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Afterlife is apparently getting a sequel which releases at the end of the year. Anyone heard anything about what it's about?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Its codename is Firehouse (probably not the actual title) and the last thing we saw in Afterlife was the containment unit in the firehouse not looking all that healthy.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

MY PACK CAME OK BYE

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Afterlife is apparently getting a sequel which releases at the end of the year. Anyone heard anything about what it's about?

Nothing has leaked, and all that's known is that Gil Kenan (who co-wrote Afterlife) is directing it, instead of Jason Reitman. Last I've been told, the script is still undergoing heavy rewrites and there are a few different versions depending on which of the legacy cast they can get back.

It doesn't begin shooting until mid-March. There is no way an effects-heavy movie like a Ghostbusters sequel goes from pre-production to release in ten months.

(I mean, Ghostbusters II began shooting in November 1988 and was released in June 1989, but that was an epic clusterfuck of a production.)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I hope Viggo isn't coming back. I want a new villain.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

^^^ Same.

poo poo, gimme the ghost of a very angry fireman who doesn't like how they treated the firehouse. Give me a movie where they have to fight a mythical beast on Wall Street. Give me a a movie where the bad guy is 50 stacks of copyright paperwork and Louis has to lawyer his rear end off.

PS: my fugging pack came and it made my old pack look like a little baby

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Please please please put the bogeyman in it. The RGB version.

Please.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Gonna need another OG to die irl to play off those heartstrings cause the main plot sure as poo poo isnt gonna carry a drat thing with Paul Rudd and a now 38 yr old Finn Wolfhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

It’s probably going to be two hours of jerking off over reitmans grave