Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Can I just skip s1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I honestly don't think it's that bad, but yeah it's skippable. Maybe watch the last 3 episodes of the season (Call to Action, Rebel Resolve and Fire Across the Galaxy) where the consequences of the cell's actions start to catch up with them.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
While it still has episode elements it's much more serialised than Clone Wars. The first season introduces a bunch of minor and supporting characters who show up later, but you can just look them up or figure things out from context.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I honestly don't think it's that bad, but yeah it's skippable. Maybe watch the last 3 episodes of the season (Call to Action, Rebel Resolve and Fire Across the Galaxy) where the consequences of the cell's actions start to catch up with them.

Yeah I agree with this.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

Can I just skip s1?

Recommended viewing:

Spark of Rebellion (1-2)
Rise of the Old Masters (5)
Empire Day (8)
Path of the Jedi (10)
Call to Action (13)
Rebel Resolve (14)
Fire Across the Galaxy (15)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Watch it all. We did.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Execute Page 666.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Ian McDermott related to Dylan McDermott?

I think probably yeah he's his dad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlfxN28kyZY&t=49s

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I like the tonal whiplash from "Meditation on what it means to be an aging honorable soldier on the Imperial frontier and whether it's even possible to avoid corruption and complicity that corrodes your soul" last week and "Tech drives a racecar! ^_^" this week.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 22, 2023

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT

PALPATINE OR SATAN

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Well, Satan only acts through others, so maybe he already won

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Satan

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Well I'm convinced

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Well I'm convinced

Funny, Anakin Skywalker said the same thing to Palpatine when he was asked to go kill a bunch of kids 5 minutes after insisting to Windu that killing a helpless old man was wrong.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

Funny, Anakin Skywalker said the same thing to Palpatine when he was asked to go kill a bunch of kids 5 minutes after insisting to Windu that killing a helpless old man was wrong.

Hey now, Palpatine wasn't some helpless old man

He was Anakin's best friend, and gave very good and solid life advice

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Palps also said "Do it" that one time, and a few seconds later, Anakin did it*.

*Decapitation.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

Hey now, Palpatine wasn't some helpless old man

No no, he was definitely a helpless old man. Source: Palpatine, lying on the ground whimpering,"Don't kill me Mace Windu, I'm a helpless old man. I'm just a helpless old man plus it's my birthday."

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jerusalem posted:

No no, he was definitely a helpless old man. Source: Palpatine, lying on the ground whimpering,"Don't kill me Mace Windu, I'm a helpless old man. I'm just a helpless old man plus it's my birthday."

"I'm just a little guy, imagine having beef with me. I'm just a jokester, just a silly little guy"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Palpatine: Execute Order 66.
Obi-Wan: Actually we discovered that and shut it down, we know all about your plans.... Darth Sidious.
Palpatine: .............. it was just a prank, bro!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was when he did that sweet spin over his office desk right before he killed Kit Fisto.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Laugh every time I remember Palpatine doing a Psycho Crusher :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jerusalem posted:

Laugh every time I remember Palpatine doing a Psycho Crusher :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030

The Screaming Corkscrew Jump poo poo™

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Best dialogue George ever wrote :hai:

Edit: Also I never realized just how much Chancellor Palpatine reminds me of David Mitchell and now I want to see him and Robert Webb do a parody.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Best dialogue George ever wrote :hai:

Edit: Also I never realized just how much Chancellor Palpatine reminds me of David Mitchell and now I want to see him and Robert Webb do a parody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTrzUuWlHI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Telling my kids this is how The Force got started.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Eiba posted:

Boba Fett's whole plot arc was that he had learned that dirty and violent rulers who don't give a poo poo about people... are actually bad.

"Hmm, you know I'm starting to think the space slug I used to work for who kept sex slaves and occasionally fed them to a giant monster... Might have been bad?"

SolarFire2 fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 22, 2023

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

SolarFire2 posted:

"Hmm, you know I'm starting to think the space slug I used to work for who kept sex slaves and occasionally fed them to a giant monster... Might have been bad?"

Jabba kept Tatooine running and made sure the people had water. Hutts are like grandpa gangsters, they give you hard candy and a nickel for the slot machine.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I still can't get over the Boba Fett hover moped gang and hope they recap the Mando bits at the start of season 3 so I never have to watch that show again

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Replace the mods with different-colored versions of TAY-0, all with the same voice and mannerisms

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Getting some 8T-88 vibes from that Droid.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Vinylshadow posted:

Replace the mods with different-colored versions of TAY-0, all with the same voice and mannerisms

I knew TAY-0 was a dick but I failed to notice the phallic looking piece on his chest.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1617575683512844309

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vinylshadow posted:

Does he sound like Harry Belafonte?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hope Vivien Lyra Blair escapes this Star Wars-generated celebrity attention unscathed. It's bad enough that she's a child actress but now she's a child actress who was in Star Wars playing a role anyone her age would be ecstatic to be playing in a series that wasn't exactly one that was widely considered good by a vocal percentage of the audience. Star Wars fandom is hosed up and I just don't want to hear about anything lovely happening to her or being said to her or anything like the bs that happened with Jake Lloyd.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jake Lloyd was fine in that movie. It blows my loving mind how much poo poo he got for it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Jake Lloyd was fine in that movie. It blows my loving mind how much poo poo he got for it.
Agreed

https://youtu.be/zwLccJOMTX0

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Obi-Wan had a lot of problems* but Babby Leia I found very enjoyable.

* This is an understatement.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I found her fine. Replacement level for what I expected in such a train wreck

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LividLiquid posted:

People play this audition from an alternate kid all the time and are like I can't believe this kid wasn't cast!

But Lloyd was better. The other kid was very much capital A acting in his audition, while Lloyd was a lot more muted and naturalistic, which I think is the more appropriate choice for a vulnerable character.

Baby Leia was a fun character but they are out of their minds bringing her to a con. Everybody at the con will be very nice I'm sure, but it's not like they are making another series with baby leia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Baby Leia was a fun character but they are out of their minds bringing her to a con. Everybody at the con will be very nice I'm sure, but it's not like they are making another series with baby leia

As of yesterday Ewan McGregor was talking about how he would be down for a season 2 of Obi-Wan. Not that I think that would happen soon but if that happens a couple of years from now I mean this is Disney they'd 100% get kid Leia back and try to spin off a Young Leia Chronicles or something. And I mean that'd probably be fine, I thought she was really good honestly and was the best part of the show.