Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?

Big McHuge posted:

I think it depends on what gives you enjoyment in games in general. I love exploration in space games, so a lot of my focus is on doing that, which is why wormholes are fun for me. There's always a new route to find, new intel to gather, etc. Blops dropping is also a lot of fun, and again is made better by wormholes since you can drop different targets all the time.

I've also recently come to thoroughly enjoy using a scorpion to jam people in pvp fights.

Do you have any recommendations for affordable ships/setups to solo WH exploration?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Lazy Broker posted:

Do you have any recommendations for affordable ships/setups to solo WH exploration?

Any covert ops frigate will do but if you don't have covops skills then any cheap frigate can get you started at poking around j-space.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i used to use a heron when i lived in Delve and it was fine 90% of the time. sometimes you get blapped by a random astero while you're hacking cans but its whatever. a buzzard is also insanely cheap as far as t2 hulls go, its like 40m to bling fit lol

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Rhymenoserous posted:

Seriously this game is like a broken person incubator.

Posting about posters again.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Larry Parrish posted:

i used to use a heron when i lived in Delve and it was fine 90% of the time. sometimes you get blapped by a random astero while you're hacking cans but its whatever. a buzzard is also insanely cheap as far as t2 hulls go, its like 40m to bling fit lol

Misread as 'heroin', blinked.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Misread as 'heroin', blinked.

I wouldn't say I ever got so bored in peacetime Delve as to consider smack but I can imagine that possibility

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

I wouldn't say I ever got so bored in peacetime Delve as to consider smack but I can imagine that possibility

Reagalan might've. Hope he's ok.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Lazy Broker posted:

There are no timers for clone jumping in player owned stations anymore so you can jump out of your plus 5s and into a blank clone before heading out each time is the most important thing for scanners to know. When you jump through the gate, drop probes, cloak, focus your probes on your ship and take it down to 1 and you now got your exit fully scanned down.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

pro tips: signatures (and standard ore and combat anomalies) can only spawn within 4 au of a celestial (planets and moons) so when youre scanning something down all you have to do is go to 4au and center the probes on the nearest celestial, then go down to 1au.

you will very rarely have to use the 8 au option, but if you do for whatever reason go down to 2au.

as for ships covert ops will always really be the best and the best ones are either the helios or the buzzard for their plethora of midslots, personally i prefer the helios as i have trouble fitting everything that i want onto the buzzard due to the reduced power grid.

code:
 [Helios, Helios]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Scan Rangefinding Array I
Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Core Probe Launcher I
Interdiction Nullifier I

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16

this is basically all you need, your upgrade path will be sisters core probe launcher>blackglass+integrated analyzer>virtues and assorted implants. https://gyazo.com/c25b9b3f1152120253f655bd7dbf0c80 is my exploration pod, i never use it and it sucks but there you go.

i think thats it. try not to squeal too loudly when you find a sansha relic site, else the elite pvpers hear it.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
gonna post my covops fit because lol why not

code:
[Anathema, scanner]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Co-Processor II
Overdrive Injector System II

Scan Acquisition Array I
Scan Pinpointing Array I

Compact Interdiction Nullifier
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Small Signal Focusing Kit II
i dont run explo sites, this is just a pure wormhole mapping scanner that can also double in a moments notice as a combat scanner. You'll make no money flying it, but you WILL occasionally get to dunk on nerds and really, whats more important than that?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
headsup: Metashow got itself a neutral WH guy as co-host and it's turned into a news show. Bizarre watching Brisc be all "my friend gobbins" but apparently a big retcon has happened so I'll go along with it.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

saluting my monitor rn

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
That one’s too gross for the OP lol

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

learnincurve posted:

headsup: Metashow got itself a neutral WH guy as co-host and it's turned into a news show. Bizarre watching Brisc be all "my friend gobbins" but apparently a big retcon has happened so I'll go along with it.

this was all an elaborate plan to clear the field for the launch of the soon-to-be king of the eve online chat show cinematic universe: Delta in the Daytime

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kaysette posted:

That one’s too gross for the OP lol

coward

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Dalmuti posted:

this was all an elaborate plan to clear the field for the launch of the soon-to-be king of the eve online chat show cinematic universe: Delta in the Daytime

the sister show of delta after dark; hosted by myself, with sporadic delta guests every 15 minutes to remind people EVE is terrible

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Just cuts to an Eve streamer with the “so you want to know more?” sting from Starship Troopers before cutting to “no of course not look at this poo poo”.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

the conspiracy starts with YOU, dear viewer

simply by watching you have elected to become part of it

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Eve online is not a box of chocolates

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?

floppyspud posted:

pro tips: signatures (and standard ore and combat anomalies) can only spawn within 4 au of a celestial (planets and moons) so when youre scanning something down all you have to do is go to 4au and center the probes on the nearest celestial, then go down to 1au.

you will very rarely have to use the 8 au option, but if you do for whatever reason go down to 2au.

as for ships covert ops will always really be the best and the best ones are either the helios or the buzzard for their plethora of midslots, personally i prefer the helios as i have trouble fitting everything that i want onto the buzzard due to the reduced power grid.

code:
 [Helios, Helios]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I

Core Probe Launcher I
Interdiction Nullifier I

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16

this is basically all you need, your upgrade path will be sisters core probe launcher>blackglass+integrated analyzer>virtues and assorted implants. https://gyazo.com/c25b9b3f1152120253f655bd7dbf0c80 is my exploration pod, i never use it and it sucks but there you go.

i think thats it. try not to squeal too loudly when you find a sansha relic site, else the elite pvpers hear it.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

gonna post my covops fit because lol why not

code:
[Anathema, scanner]

Co-Processor II
Overdrive Injector System II

Scan Acquisition Array I
Scan Pinpointing Array I

Compact Interdiction Nullifier
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Small Signal Focusing Kit II
i dont run explo sites, this is just a pure wormhole mapping scanner that can also double in a moments notice as a combat scanner. You'll make no money flying it, but you WILL occasionally get to dunk on nerds and really, whats more important than that?

I will check both of these. I need a ship to get back into exploration and access some of my old stuff left over around the galaxy. Thanks for the advice!

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Dalmuti posted:

Eve online is not a box of chocolates

Eve online is a box of chocolates, but it’s 20 years old. The chocolates have gone rancid and bitter with age. Some of them are even toxic.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you don't have the mids for data/relic analysers then a mobile depot and the mods will fit in your hold

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mobile depot is basically required for stepping into a wormhole imo

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
code:
[Astero, *Astero 2022]

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Shadow Serpentis Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Damage Control II
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

Data Analyzer II
Relic Analyzer II
Cargo Scanner II

Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Small Explosive Armor Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Nanite Repair Paste x108
Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8
Border-5 'Pochven' Filament x1
Proximity-5 'Extraction' Filament x1
This is the only fit I run for exploration. It's paid for itself 100x over and it's pretty rare to lose one.

This allows me to do the following:
Any pirate relic/data sites
Covert sites
Limited Sleeper Cache
Standard Sleeper Cache (initial cans + secret room)
Superior Sleeper Cache (Sol-array and sentry rooms)

Delta After Dark
Dec 26, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

the sister show of delta after dark; hosted by myself, with sporadic delta guests every 15 minutes to remind people EVE is terrible

why would delta sqad do this? https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessColdConsoleAliens-Pfegu7NnKojzGF5a

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

if they're gonna have mittens on again it should really be renamed the meat show

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

https://zkillboard.com/kill/106287542/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/106287642/

Well, this was a morning. 2 or 3 friendly dreads also died

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Live by the Crab Beacon, die by the Crab Beacon.

BigPaddy fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 23, 2023

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Nice user name / AV combo for ol' Ezio there

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Xolve posted:

EVE 2023: a sex pest, a white supremacist, and a republican lobbyist walk into a twitch stream

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

hailthefish posted:

if they're gonna have mittens on again it should really be renamed the meat show

Daggers in the Dark.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

why did nyx only took half as much damage? how is the difference this stark?

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
We interrupt your regular EVE thread for a missive from the Goosefleet propagander subclave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckEV9gORM0g

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

It is me, I am the one building marauders.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I am so incredibly proud that my wild impulse to bring all these bittervets together in a wormhole has led us to this very moment.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

the goose comes in, the goose goes out

you can't explain that :colbert:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Gootse is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

https://br.evetools.org/br/63ce50639c48623920a7f6e2

Altran posted:

why did nyx only took half as much damage? how is the difference this stark?

wyverns are just tanky as gently caress, that wyvern has 22 million ehp whereas the nyx only 10 million.

so yes, it literally is just double the ehp.