Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

murder with guns, so easy a child could do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Looks like there was some kind of shooting at an MLK Day event in Florida. There's not many details beyond that at this point other than 8 people have been injured so it must have been pretty freaking bad:
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/16/us/fort-pierce-shooting-florida-mlk-day/index.html

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
where does this go?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna66027

quote:

A failed New Mexico state House candidate described by police as an "election denier" was arrested Monday in a string of shootings at the homes of regional Democratic leaders.

Republican Solomon Pena is accused of conspiring with and paying four men to carry out four shootings at the Albuquerque-area homes of two Bernalillo County commissioners and two state legislators, Albuquerque police said.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

someone also killed a multi-gen family of 6 in california

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

lol

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

we should buy nichael a gun

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lol imagine being so bad at politics you can't even inspire your voters to do your dirty work.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Armadillo Tank posted:

we should buy nichael a gun

Nichael if u want a gun PM me, I'll get u strapped

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Vim Fuego posted:

Nichael if u want a gun PM me, I'll get u strapped

:wink:

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Didn't nichael catch a perma?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

I don't see anything about Nichael in the leper's colony

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

this guy rules

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

arm nicheal immediately

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1615505155889274881

lol no way Utah cops are going to disown a man just because he beats his kids and threatens to kill them

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

quote:

The investigator’s notes also shed light on Haight’s treatment of his wife, Tausha Haight. Macie told investigators that her father would often belittle her mother, a charge he denied. In his interview, however, Michael Haight said he had taken his wife’s iPad and cellphone to surveil her text messages to check if she had spoken negatively about his family.

Tausha Haight told authorities she didn’t want criminal charges filed against her husband and hoped the incident would be “a wake-up call” for him.

wow good job mom

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

[/b]

wow good job mom

Ah yes, the victim is the one to be blamed.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Demon Of The Fall posted:

[/b]

wow good job mom

:chloe:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/21/us/daytona-beach-woman-hospital-shoots-terminally-ill-husband-florida/index.html

does this fit? how am i doing?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

you can just walk a gun into a hospital. they just let you do it!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

can't spell duMbass self-Shootings without Mass Shootings so you're doing just fine posting that here

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gonna go out the least cowardly way i know how...convincing my wife to shoot me while i'm laid up wearing a backless gown so she can rot in jail instead of enjoying life without me.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Comparing the cost of defending a murder trial vs the cost of extended hospice care like :thunkgun:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Reports are saying there was a shooting in Monterey park. 16 injured with 10 being unresponsive

Monterey Park is a city that is east of the Los Angeles city, It is part of Los Angeles County. It is one of the most Asian dense parts of the united states. The area left of Los Angeles that all the cities are a part of is called the San Gabriel Valley (SGV)
BNO is reporting on it .
https://bnonews.com/index.php/2023/01/many-victims-in-monterey-park-shooting/

Twitter feed because it's still fresh
https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Monterey%20Park%22&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

A website that reports news. New to me.
https://citizen.com/-NMNC8k0ZKyofZv...CAGOg%2FR8iAAAA

address was updated to 122 W Garvey Ave.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...8.1235146?hl=en

Google map near the cross streets of Garvey and Garfield
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0625041,-118.1226663,18z?hl=en

Picture of the street
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.062...84!8i8192?hl=en

The news is coming out slowly because Monterey park is its own city with its own police department

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 09:23 on Jan 22, 2023

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Real hurthling! posted:

gonna go out the least cowardly way i know how...convincing my wife to shoot me while i'm laid up wearing a backless gown so she can rot in jail instead of enjoying life without me.

only a worthy opponent can permanently kill florida man

Joss Laypeg
Oct 11, 2007
A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on. - WSB

this is a website that people can use to report terrifying events in their local area, such as a black Amazon driver, in the hopes of attracting a bit of vigilante action towards them

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

some death to america poo poo in there

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Reset the clock I suppose, seems like we made it almost a week this time

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lunar new year dance party sounds very nice and fun and it’s just very sad to see it go like this, gently caress this country

Suspect still at large though which I feel like is unusual for these mass casualty events, not good

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
has to be the first time they have no idea who he is

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

skipmyseashells posted:

I think you see it with drug/gang activity when it’s more targeted which I guess there’s always the remote possibility this is (feels unlikely from what I’ve seen) but if it’s a true blue American spree shooting then I can’t think of a previous one where the shooter wasn’t either killed or apprehended at the scene or shortly thereafter

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I think you see it with drug/gang activity when it’s more targeted which I guess there’s always the remote possibility this is (feels unlikely from what I’ve seen) but if it’s a true blue American spree shooting then I can’t think of a previous one where the shooter wasn’t either killed or apprehended at the scene or shortly thereafter

i mean, how long did it take them to find the DC sniper?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

That was different because he would pop off a few shots then move and wait a day or two before attacking again IIRC. Most mass shooters plan to take out as many people as possible as fast as possible before the cops get there and take them down. They rarely plan on actually living through it, let alone escaping. Seems likely they'll do it again if they aren't caught soon.

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing someone would pull off successfully then decide they're done.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they shot the shooter suspect guy after finding a van that was seen at the shooting. dunno if he is still alive. la times describing him as slumped over his steering wheel. saying he is chinese american.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Wasn't that dude hidden lying in the back of a car when he was taking his shots?
So not visible, instantly movable.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

happyhippy posted:

Wasn't that dude hidden lying in the back of a car when he was taking his shots?

Yeah, they hollowed out a sniper's nest in the trunk of a sedan and shot out of a hole they drilled in the trunk of the car.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah DC sniper was more of a serial killer than a spree killer and that’s just a different thing

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.

happyhippy posted:

Yeah I seem to remember that he was shooting from the trunk through a hole in the trunk lid or something like that? I remember thinking it was sort of clever even if it was evil as hell since people wouldn’t see anything and the sound of the shot would be difficult to locate. That said in retrospect I imagine if he ever did fire with the barrel entirely in the trunk he probably only did it once.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

skipmyseashells posted:

There is always the slim chance they do know and don't want to release it. Put a false sense of secuirty in the shooter.

Loucks posted:

Yeah I seem to remember that he was shooting from the trunk through a hole in the trunk lid or something like that? I remember thinking it was sort of clever even if it was evil as hell since people wouldn’t see anything and the sound of the shot would be difficult to locate. That said in retrospect I imagine if he ever did fire with the barrel entirely in the trunk he probably only did it once.

From wikipedia

They had a hole and also modified the back seat to pull open so they could crawl into it without even going outside.
Also, you had multiple rerpots of white vans. While they are in a blue seden (Which given the situation of it all totally understandable w/ eye wtinesses being wrong)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Bump

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/22/us/louisiana-shooting-baton-rouge-nightclub/index.html