Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Conquest
Dec 10, 2022

But It's The Way He Stands There

Why the gently caress would you do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

My man fittin' to land on some poon

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I would not have done that exact thing but I freely admit explaining the concept of "soft power" to my International Relations class in 2012 with Gangnam Style.

Edit: Oops missed this page

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Conquest posted:

Why the gently caress would you do this

We need paperclips

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Railing Kill posted:

This is what I come to the cursed images thread for. To bear witness for the sake of future generations.

Wait future generations are going to be the spawn of pregnant clippies? I mean I know were in a dark timeline, but I didn't realize that dark. :ohdear:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

More of this. Infinitely more. Would be ok if every school assignment for the next year had this.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hands on your hips. Power pose. No one is gonna piss next to you if you're standing like Superman on the edge of a skyscraper.

Your aim may suffer, but who cares? You've got confidence on your side.

That's how my grandfather pissed at the urinal. I remember seeing this as a kid and being very impressed.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
A good but not great source of piss

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My man fittin' to land on some poon

oh my god

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

You gotta get it fresh squeezed for it to be great.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

i'm thrashing around irl like a salted slug

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Dumb question but is there a reason your mortgage payment would go up that doesn't involve you borrowing against equity or missing payments?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Dumb question but is there a reason your mortgage payment would go up that doesn't involve you borrowing against equity or missing payments?

Variable rate mortgages

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Edmund Sparkler posted:

It's not uncommon for your homeowners insurance payments to be wrapped into your monthly mortgage payment, because the bank absolutely wants to make sure you have homeowners insurance. Some places, like Florida, have had their homeowners insurance rates skyrocket the last 12 months, which makes that monthly mortgage payment much higher.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

That's how my grandfather pissed at the urinal. I remember seeing this as a kid and being very impressed.

I tried that once but by the time it was all uncoiled I couldn't reach the urinal and the floor was cold :(

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Variable mortgage rates are what caused the financial crisis 2008. Like why would you in TYOOL 2023 buy a home without a fixed rate mortgage is beyond me.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I tried that once but by the time it was all uncoiled I couldn't reach the urinal and the floor was cold :(

That's when you're supposed to look around and say, "a little help?"

Please and thank you are just for courtesy.

Chainclaw posted:

It's not uncommon for your homeowners insurance payments to be wrapped into your monthly mortgage payment, because the bank absolutely wants to make sure you have homeowners insurance. Some places, like Florida, have had their homeowners insurance rates skyrocket the last 12 months, which makes that monthly mortgage payment much higher.

Part of why I'm going to build in the middle of nowhere in an alpine desert.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Azhais posted:

Variable rate mortgages

Chainclaw posted:

Ok, thank you. I've only dealt with vehicle financing so I didn't know about these things.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Also, taxes have been going up and are sometimes paid by escrow on a mortgage, which would also cause the mortgage to go up.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Variable mortgage rates are what caused the financial crisis 2008. Like why would you in TYOOL 2023 buy a home without a fixed rate mortgage is beyond me.

Yeah, I always thought that you try to lock in a good rate and keep it there until it makes sense to refinance. Of course that would be too boring and sane.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hollismason posted:

It's my understanding that fixed rate mortgages are an American thing, and most of the world is VRM. In the US VRM are used a) to inflict more poo poo on the poor or b) by people using real estate as an investment and are doing the equivalent of shorting a stock gambling that rates are going to go down. There's also adjustable rate mortgages that are fixed for some term then go variable that are probably mostly used by flippers that don't expect to own the mortgage for more than a couple years

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

In Aus you can fix your interest rate for 3-5 years, then need to fix a new date when it runs out.

Source: this guy who got smacked with an extra $500 a month mortgage repayment out of fuckin nowhere for Christmas.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah same here in euroland. You're essentially gambling with the bank if the rates will be lower or higher when the time's up.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Hollismason posted:

If it's not a primary residence, there are pros and cons to fixed vs variable rate debt. Most REITs have both on the books, for example.

And even for primary residences, it was more than just ARMs that caused the 2000s financial crisis. It's that the ARMs were written at near 100% LTV, often with negative amortization up front, to lenders with no ability to pay and these were treated as quality debt by banks. ARMs are not inherently a bad thing and are the standard instead of fixed rate mortgages in many developed countries.

e: Is a barely readable chart a cursed image?

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 22, 2023

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

If your property taxes are paid for by an escrow account tied to your mortgage, then your monthly payments go up when your property taxes go up.
It does, however, help to lessen the burden of a 50% increase in property taxes like what I just had.
My mortgage went up by $63 over last year, and has increased every year I've owned my house.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

LawfulWaffle posted:

When I have pee shyness I imagine a skeleton who loves piss and piss is raining down and landing on its skull and going through its ribs and he’s just loving it. “Give me the piss!” says the skeleton. He’s hip deep in piss just ackackacking his boney jaw in delight.

I don’t think it helps.

I want whatever you’re consuming.

…aaaannnd no, thanks.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 22, 2023

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's only a part of a balanced pissfast.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

in piss we trust

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
:piss:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Might also not be in the US too. Other countries mortgage terms suuuuck.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Yep, I fixed my mortgage two years ago at 1.6% p.a, then had to redo it this year at 6%.

A lot of news articles about people who bought at low rates and have gotten whacked with $900+ a fortnight payment increases.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i'm thrashing around irl like a salted slug

the lady complaining about her mortgage going up on TikTok probably isn’t the member of the evil 1% landlord class you think she is

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
But she wants to be that 1%

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Are they going to piss from there and hit the urinal in the middle?

Efficient. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Her tenant has to pay $100 more on their rent and she's whining that she has to pay $11 more dollars on the mortgage. :qq: