Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013

This, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
So if I got the interlude chapter right, are these Germanic dudes looking for Rome from Rome on the Elbe?

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
CCC

we are but spectators of fate

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
C, A, C

I enjoy playing dice with the universe, but I also have a soft spot for the Ptolemies.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

So if I got the interlude chapter right, are these Germanic dudes looking for Rome from Rome on the Elbe?

Yeah, it's either Romano-Germans or Romano-Norse looking for Roma and mistaking Tuscany for Latium

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
C,C,A

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
A, C, C

I want Carthage to stick around so we can Delenda Est them ourselves.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
B
A
C

Makes the most sense to me.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
CCChaos Reigns.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

karmicknight posted:

CCChaos Reigns.

Not an emptyquote.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Buschmaki posted:

I wasn't sure how these votes would turn out, so I left it ambiguous enough that it could either be the Roman-Germanics from Rome-on-the-Elbe, or Vikings inspired by Roman culture/religion looking for the place they've heard so much about

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
CCC.
God does roll the dice

kirsus
Oct 9, 2012

Buncha freaks. I'll kill you all. well you know, in theory #166

paarp
Lipstick Apathy
A, A, A

Let the good times flow!

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
BCA

I liked the idea of ascendant Numidians taking over the coasts, Egypt could go either way following the revolutions over there, and the Seleukids don't have any external threats, but might have a new trading partner in India?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Chili Con Carne because I like it spicy.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

CCC

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
CCC

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
BAB

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Interim totals after ~24 hours:

Carthage:
A 7
B 24
C 33

Ptolemies
A 15
B 13
C 36

Seculids
A 15
B 13
C 36

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

^^thanks for the tally, pretty decisive so I'll call it here — :siren:Vote closed!:siren:

Carthage

A - Golden Age — 7
B - Dark Age — 24
C - Roll the dice — 33

Ptolemaic Kingdom

A - Golden Age — 15
B - Dark Age — 13
C - Roll the dice — 36

Seleukid Empire

A - Golden Age — 15
B - Dark Age — 13
C - Roll the dice — 36

Looks like we're all in with the chaos. Next vote will open in a few minutes

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
:sickos:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I didn't vote for it, but I can respect it. Chaos reigns :vomarine:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I like to imagine the randomness is things like how hard the climate change encouraged Germanic migrations and so forth

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

:siren:Vote!:siren:

The second vote concerns the dominating event that would define the era between Imperator and CK3 — the barbarian migrations. Driven by a range of factors that includes climate change, population pressure and plague epidemics, the various ‘barbarian peoples’ would flood into the Middle East, Europe, Africa and India over the course of several centuries, starting with…

Attila and the Huns

Attila, the scourge of God, is not remembered kindly in the histories… but those are not our histories. Will he leave a legacy of destruction and devastation, such that the generations and centuries will remember his name as a byword for tyranny and cruelty… or will he falter and his people fail, and disappear into the pages of the forgotten past…

Where does Attila lead his hordes?

A — West (to Germania at least, and possibly Gaul, Britain, Iberia, Italy, Africa)
B — South (to Pannonia at least, and possibly Italia, Illyria, Thrace, Greece, Africa, Egypt)
C — East (to Scythia at least, and possibly Russia, Anatolia, Syria, Mesopotamia, Persia, India)
D — who’s Attila? (they never rise to prominence)

-

The Germanic Invasions

Before and with and after the infamous Attila, the various Germanic peoples would have their say. There are the Goths, the Vandals, the Cimbrians, and possibly the Franks, the Alemanni, the Frisii, the Angles and Saxons and Jutes… and whilst some would be settled relatively peacefully, many others would be driven into a rampage of conquest and blood that would not only torment a continent, but could well determine the fate of their peoples for decades, centuries, even millennia into the future…

The only question is, in which direction were these Germanic tribes unleashed?

A — West (to Gaul at least, and possibly Britain, Iberia, Africa)
B — South (to Italia at least, and possibly Illyria, Greece, Anatolia, Africa)
C — East (to Russia at least, and possibly Scythia, Mesopotamia, Persia, India)
D — what Germans? (they don’t expand beyond their current borders)

-

The Slavic Migrations

Towards the end of the Late Antique period, the Slavs would undertake a series of stunningly rapid migrations — and with the people, came their languages, traditions, religions and more. Again driven by changing climates and overpopulation, there is little doubt that the Slavs will have to strike forth from their homelands east of the Vistula and Volga rivers, and seek greener tides…

But where do the Slavs end up?

A — West (up to Germania at least, and possibly Gaul, Britain, Iberia)
B — South (to Pannonia at least, and possibly Illyria, Greece, Anatolia, Syria, Egypt)
C — East (to the Steppes at least, and possibly Persia, Mesopotamia, India)
D — what’s a Slav? (they don’t leave their homelands)

———

Again, there will be dice rolls associated with the winning options — two, in this case.

First dice roll will be to decide the extent of the migrations, so for the Germanic peoples for example, if option C wins then based on the dice they might settle Russia alone, or they might invade and settle everything between Germania and Persia…

Second dice roll will be to decide their ‘staying power’, i.e. whether the invading peoples will rule as an elite class over native populations, or if they convert their subject populations as well. So for the Huns, for example, this might include a ‘Hunnic’ culture emerging in the the lands they invade and settle, or it could comprise a Hunnic king and court that rules over native cultures.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 22, 2023

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
C, B, A

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
C, C, C. Send them all East.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Yeah this sounds fun, mix it up

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
C B A

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.
C B A

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

C B A

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

B C A

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

D D A

This timeline belongs to the Slavs