Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ps5 has no games. some call it the pis5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new thread titleplease

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
XBox Series X + Game Pass is probably my favorite console ever. Calling it unremarkable just means you are either joyless and hate everything or don't like console video games but want to fit in.

Also I think bouncing off Persona 5 is not that weird since it isn't a very good game. The other ones are a better intro to the series and ideally would have been put on GP first

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My favourite consoles had lots of new and exciting games on them, but that's just my preference.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
I like good games myself.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Video games make me sick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Video games make me sick

i played Fallout 3 hungover once and I got attacked by a deathclaw and it made me puke :cheers:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Larry Parrish posted:

Can the mods please remove these soynys. :thanks:

They are once again being toxic OP.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

This.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

veni veni veni posted:

I use my PS5 constantly and barely use my Xbox unless something I want to play drops on gamepass, but it's mainly because that is where everyone I play games with is and where 85% of my game library is. Both consoles are quality and pretty unremarkable at the same time. I can't imagine having any sort of horse in the race except Playstation actually does bankroll exclusives and there isn't a single thing on Xbox I can't play on PC. I have no reason to even have an Xbox other than that I like it, but that seems like a good enough reason to keep it around.

Hey Xbox bankrolls exclusives too they just keep them super exclusive and don't release them!

i played Fallout 3 hungover once and I got attacked by a deathclaw and it made me puke :cheers:

I hope this is a true story of your past.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

100% shoot, brother

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

JBP posted:

My favourite consoles had lots of new and exciting games on them, but that's just my preference.
Goondolences.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

100% shoot, brother

pwns

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

American McGay posted:

Goondolences.

Yea that ship sailed a long time ago.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

My favorite console is the one that lets me play games from when I was 13 years old and the world was pure.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Goldeneye when

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

ColdPie posted:

My favorite console is the one that lets me play games from when I was 13 years old and the world was pure.

PC?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like this thread is being trolled by the usual suspects again. What a shame - JC Denton

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Every modern console and PC is bad due to no JSRF

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t like the Dualsense or the PS5s OS. Dualsense too big

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

ColdPie posted:

Goldeneye when

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Looks like this thread is being trolled by the usual suspects again. What a shame - JC Denton

Yeah, RIP - Adam Jensen

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Microsoft loses bid to pause gamers' lawsuit over Activision deal

Reuters posted:

A U.S. judge in California on Thursday turned down Microsoft Corp's bid to freeze a private consumer antitrust lawsuit over the company's $69 billion deal to acquire "Call of Duty" maker Activision Blizzard Inc while a related regulatory challenge to the deal plays out.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge Jacqueline Scott Corley in San Francisco comes after gamers opposed Microsoft's request to stay their case pending resolution of a Federal Trade Commission challenge in Washington, D.C.

The 10 plaintiffs argue, in claims similar to the FTC's, that the Activision deal would harm competition in the video game industry by reducing consumer choice and raising prices. The FTC has not asked a U.S. judge to enjoin the deal.

Corley said she will hear the gamers' bid on March 23 for a preliminary injunction to block Microsoft's proposed purchase of Activision.

https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/legaldocs/egpbyyqqgvq/Microsoft%20antitrust%202022-12-20%20Complaint.pdf

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Everyone get your briefs submitted to the court requesting that we be added to this class of supposed gamers. Someone's going to have to make the case that rampant unchecked corporate consolidation will put THPS1+2 on game pass.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft is a failure until they get Forza 8, and Fable 4 out. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ColdPie posted:

Goldeneye when

I hope we hear something in the next week. There is that Xbox Direct on the 25th?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I said come in! posted:

I hope we hear something in the next week. There is that Xbox Direct on the 25th?

They seem pretty clear they're only talking about Redfall, ESO, Minecraft, and Forza. maybe another I'm forgetting.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Every modern console and PC is bad due to no JSRF

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My pc is a very nice xbox and i will play starfield and redfall on it for 1 dollar but im kinda thinking both games might not be very good but we'll see.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

I said come in! posted:

It’s pretty crazy to me that if you don’t own a copy already, there is currently no way to play a Forza Motorsport game on Xbox

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That’s pretty standard with games involving licensed cars.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

My pc is a very nice xbox and i will play starfield and redfall on it for 1 dollar but im kinda thinking both games might not be very good but we'll see.

Starfield is gonna be bad in a way that I play for 100 hours and redfall is just gonna be bad.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

They seem pretty clear they're only talking about Redfall, ESO, Minecraft, and Forza. maybe another I'm forgetting.

They've also been saying there will be Game Pass announcements. I could see a release date announcement for Goldeneye there.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Are they still waiting for Nintendo to release it on the switch?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I said come in! posted:

Xbox is a failure until it plays *random obscure game I played when I was 8 years old*! :argh:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Xbox is a failure until it plays *random obscure game I played when I was 8 years old*! :argh:

It does.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Zerot posted:

They've also been saying there will be Game Pass announcements. I could see a release date announcement for Goldeneye there.

I hadn't heard that. Very cool.

Ronin1138
Jan 16, 2019

by Hand Knit

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

XBox Series X + Game Pass is probably my favorite console ever. Calling it unremarkable just means you are either joyless and hate everything or don't like console video games but want to fit in.

Also I think bouncing off Persona 5 is not that weird since it isn't a very good game. The other ones are a better intro to the series and ideally would have been put on GP first

I mean I use my Xbox regularly to play ion fury, prodeus, and old games but you know it would nice to have some new games to play. What I mean is Microsoft has acquired 100s of IPs over the years and can’t seem to get a game out because of bad project management.

Now they are acquiring activision and Phil Spencer is talking up a big game how they’re gonna bring back Hexen and all this poo poo and I’m just thinking dude with your managers you’ll be lucky to get a functional call of duty out the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronin1138
Jan 16, 2019

by Hand Knit

ColdPie posted:

Then Nintendo switch with Nintendo online membership is for you