Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I kinda like the characters on the bread bag, there is self awareness with one cheerfully admitting it's a sellout.

Alhazred posted:

Meanwhile the closest thing you get to Pondus merch is a couple of bookends:

That doesn't even look like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

I feel like I'm missing something that this wasn't the solution to the Rex Morgan plot like two medical emergencies ago.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

B. Virtanen

I still don't quite get Murikka's nose situation. I'd assume he has a small nose with a large moustache underneath if the "moustache" wasn't consistently flesh-coloured. (Murikka means "Boulder"; all the names are jokey/punny in some way.)

ANSU

Fingerpori

"There we go!!" = "Se on siinä!!", literally "it's there!!"; means basically "it's done", "we did it", "there we go", "success", etc. (No-one shortens it as SOS as far as I know, though - SOS has the emergency meaning here in pretty much all cases.)
("Se on siinä" is relatively recent slang, I think, and for me it mentally associates with ice-hockey or sports in general.)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hempuli posted:

I still don't quite get Murikka's nose situation. I'd assume he has a small nose with a large moustache underneath if the "moustache" wasn't consistently flesh-coloured. (Murikka means "Boulder"; all the names are jokey/punny in some way.)

I always assumed he had kind of a boxer's nose with a prominent, sharp bridge and big nostrils.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Poil posted:

That doesn't even look like him.

Yeah, it's dramatically better. :haw:

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

:allears: Winnie rules.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pondus

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

gently caress, when Curtis hits, it hits

e:

also this one rules if you interpret it as Curtis intentionally trolling his dad instead of a "kids these days!!!" strip

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Some Guy TT posted:

Rudy stinks at tracking? Since when? Wasn't he a star player on the hunting team? How do you hunt without being able to track?

He's got dystraxia! When he sees a line of tracks they look they're going in all sorts of directions (the strip that shows it is hilarious because it's still a line of tracks, so there's really only two directions to follow, individual foot directions notwithstanding). Love how the predator/prey thing is used to represent every dynamic in that universe, including multiple disabilities.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

That middle panel is a book cover waiting to happen.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

FoxTrot

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

:kimchi:

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (January 25, 1976)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Popeye

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

fixed

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Doomykins posted:

Yeah, it's dramatically better. :haw:
True. Also it looks a little like a shoddy Homer Simpson model.

The Creeps is great, if unsettling.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

The last panel (which probably would be a good avatar) is the entire thread's reaction to Crankshaft's "punchlines".

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol:

F Minus

:china:

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

ONCE AGAIN THE FREE MARKET WILL SOLVE ALL PROBLEMS

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Feb 5, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 30 - Dec 1, 1992)

Big Nate

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

So... the animal person is from Domain, like Domain from the Kevin & Kell hellworld? :what:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 30 - Dec 1, 1992)

CEOs do it all the time, Susie.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Busy morning, late comics.

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/21/03

Brenda Starr 4/3-5/50

Smokey Stover 6/29/52

Everyday Movies 1/9/36

"Look, Peter, the little darling understands every word. When I say, 'Come, come,' he runs away as fast as he can."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 8/15-17/40

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

gently caress you Ed

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 8/15-17/40

The mood whiplash from "cheating at a beauty contest with magic fat pills" to "wanton abuse of a blind child" sure is something.

And drat, Scarlet can take a punch.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Looking forward to how well Scarlet can throw a punch too

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
The Antique Dealer’s Tale

Cthulhu and Girl

Um Bread

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

I think Claire and Glenn bought themselves those trophies. Or maybe bought them for each other.

Note the Chibi-Lottie in panel four.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Hippocrass posted:

gently caress you Ed
Ngl I'm kind of with Ed on this. People who take for-loving-ever to get back to you on anything, but expect you to respond to them immediately, are the worst and should have their phones explode.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Ngl I'm kind of with Ed on this. People who take for-loving-ever to get back to you on anything, but expect you to respond to them immediately, are the worst and should have their phones explode.

Why did Ed wait 24 hours to get an answer from someone with whom he shares a house?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Because every single one of them is a miserable rear end in a top hat trying to grind down everyone elses will to live. I agree with the *spirit* of the idea, not the *letter*.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 12/15-17/49

Perloo.

Archie 4/22-24/46

There's only one person "Frankie" could be:

In the 40s, Sinatra was famous for making girls in his audience scream and swoon, hence the gag about his music making the pigs squeal.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 23, 2023

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Jumping over a batch of reruns from 2004 and 2002 brings us to February 6 & 7, 2006, in Docks.

Retail's site is still down.

Popcom

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
It's A Sketchy Life for January 20, 1927! We have a few indecipherable (or missing) signatures tonight, starting with CJM.

Jack Farr:

Charles Dana Gibson:

Bruce Bairnsfather:

Russell Patterson:

A couple of French cartoonists from the international section in the back, beginning with Vate(?) from Le Rire:

And for those of you who love a mystery, an unsigned contributor with a distinct style from Le Petit Bleu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

But Meg has never, to my knowledge, been portrayed as demanding immediate response. And also Ed should just loving talk to his daughter in person.