Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
No, that was from when I packed it to send it in to them. I went through a Drago phase a number of years back (don't ask), and this was the crown jewel of the collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

That DICK! posted:

Mr Belvedere sat on his own balls filming Mr Belvedere and they had to stop production for a week

Kirk Cameron got his cock stuck in a shampoo bottle. He was so mad that the woman playing his girlfriend on Growing Pains laughed about it that he had her fired.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

DangerDummy! posted:

Kirk Cameron got his cock stuck in a shampoo bottle. He was so mad that the woman playing his girlfriend on Growing Pains laughed about it that he had her fired.

In reality, the actual truth is even dumber than that: she'd posed for a Playboy spread years before getting the part on the show. This was just too racy for his newly-found conservative Christian sensibilities, so he demanded she be fired

I think most dudes could understand if he was mad for being laughed at due to having a weiner small enough to get stuck in a shampoo bottle, but firing a lady for posing for Playboy is just nonsensical

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
If anything she should’ve gotten a raise!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Azubah posted:

The WC movie was weird because it got so much wrong that I assumed whoever made it had no idea about anything of the games, turned out it was written and directed by the guy whose claim to fame is "Guy who made Wing Commander"

A friend brought up recently that the cutscenes in the WC games looked better than the movie. Sure enough we loaded a few up and compared them to the movie and (at least the ones we saw) definitely were.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The guy from High School Bigshot of MST fame drove off a cliff.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Gutcruncher posted:

If anything she should’ve gotten a raise!

Are you implying that Kirk Cameron is a self hating homosexual? Just like Jay?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Randy Rhodes, Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist after he left Balck Sabbath crashed a crop duster plane he "borrowed" into the side of a barn while trying to buzz the tour bus

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

In reality, the actual truth is even dumber than that: she'd posed for a Playboy spread years before getting the part on the show. This was just too racy for his newly-found conservative Christian sensibilities, so he demanded she be fired

I think most dudes could understand if he was mad for being laughed at due to having a weiner small enough to get stuck in a shampoo bottle, but firing a lady for posing for Playboy is just nonsensical

It was a combination of the two things.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Mastah Cylindahhh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

That DICK! posted:

Mastah Cylindahhh

It certainly doesn’t fill it

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I find it funny you get a few of the hollywood types who rebel by become super christian

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Randy Rhodes, Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist after he left Balck Sabbath crashed a crop duster plane he "borrowed" into the side of a barn while trying to buzz the tour bus

He wasn’t flying the plane.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

X JAKK posted:

For some goddamn idiotic reason, you can only watch the black and chrome version of Fury Road on amazon, so I was left with no choice but to YARR it, my girlfriend pointed out there is no real character development or reason to care about anyone and you have to study the wiki to understand anything about who these people are and how the world works, and I couldnt disagree, it really feels like jumping into Infinity War without seeing any other Marvel movie, and is an extremely dire film to sit through if you are more into story and meaningful dialogue than giant crazy car chases and grunting grumpy boys

you should make a video saying this

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sir Lemming posted:

Lol so last night we were finally going to sit down and watch one of the movies on my HBO Max watchlist, and of course the ones we really wanted to watch (Blade Runner 2049, Fury Road) were gone. Meanwhile my kids keep asking where all the Roadrunner cartoons went. I also saw John Wick in both the "New Arrivals" and "Last Chance" section, somehow. Really wish I had unsubscribed a week or 2 ago before paying for the month, it's becoming so useless now.

(We ended up just going on Amazon and watching Kindergarten Cop)

It’s getting really weird how they’re taking content they own off of their own streaming service. I’m about to cancel my subscription once I finish HotD.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They want you to do this so they can sell hbo to Disney

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://twitter.com/mccrabb_will/status/1616882712408903680/photo/1

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Would

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Indiana Jones making an Easter egg cameo right behind him

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

X JAKK posted:

For some goddamn idiotic reason, you can only watch the black and chrome version of Fury Road on amazon, so I was left with no choice but to YARR it, my girlfriend pointed out there is no real character development or reason to care about anyone and you have to study the wiki to understand anything about who these people are and how the world works, and I couldnt disagree, it really feels like jumping into Infinity War without seeing any other Marvel movie, and is an extremely dire film to sit through if you are more into story and meaningful dialogue than giant crazy car chases and grunting grumpy boys
I can't believe I watched 55 episodes of XJAKK: It Is A Show only to find out you don't understand what a movie is

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the x jakk tragic back story > actual villain storyline is really picking up speed

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
amazon gave me a free month of prime and I was confronted with this on the front page

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Stink Billyums posted:

amazon gave me a free month of prime and I was confronted with this on the front page

A Razzy is a legitimate award.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Fury Road Universe Explained:

Hey they’re all crazy and like to drive fast and shoot things. Anyways thanks to all my patrons, sorry this video took so long. Please ding the bell and subscribe to my silly little channel.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
xjakk is dating a 90 year old condiment heiress

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Cubone posted:

I can't believe I watched 55 episodes of XJAKK: It Is A Show only to find out you don't understand what a movie is

this has been clear since the beginning

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my favorite part of fury road is when mad max turns to furiosa and says 'boy, i wish i had made that turn onto happy road instead'

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

AARD VARKMAN posted:

the x jakk tragic back story > actual villain storyline is really picking up speed

We are at the 50 minute mark of a X-JAK origin story.

* Starring Jared Leto

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

this has been clear since the beginning

I’ve never seen him review a movie. Usually when I ironically click on one he’s talking about some 1990s cartoon from an alternate universe that somehow only he has access to

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

A Razzy is a legitimate award.

They've made some bad calls (like that one) but they still have a better track record than the Academy.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

stephenthinkpad posted:

We are at the 50 minute mark of a X-JAK origin story.

* Starring Jared Leto

X Jakk: Blood Origins: A Star War Story

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

X JAKK posted:

The movie tells you everything you need to know about the setting and characters, but it tells you by showing you stuff, not dialoguing it. I have seen no other media related to Mad Max, noy even the other movies, and it was completely understandable even on my first watch. And I'm a big idiot. Maybe you weren't in the right headspace

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't get the hype for the black and white version of Fury Road. B&W makes sense if a film is set in days where color film or color television was still a rarity but not in a postapoc setting.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this pic of X JAKK's girlfriend from the previous thread should explain a few things

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

There’s a good series of articles in the Economist about Disney, talking about how they’re still reliant on network television, theaters and parks for almost all of their revenue. Disney+ is losing a billion dollars a quarter and the company is still 23 billion dollars in debt from its big pre-COVID acquisition spree. Even in its parks it’s relying more and more on fleecing wealthy super fans with ridiculously expensive packages.

Disney’s biggest threat now is tech companies like Apple and Amazon who can use streaming as a loss leader for their other products and services. Also, Gen Z just doesn’t give a poo poo about any of its franchises and would rather play video games or watch Tik/Tok or YouTube.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Disney's only remaining demographic beyond overpaid assholes who spend all their money at theme parks is extremely online weirdos who are heavily invested into which characters in children's cartoons are in relationships to the point where the FBI should put them on watch lists.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

colonelwest posted:

There’s a good series of articles in the Economist about Disney, talking about how they’re still reliant on network television, theaters and parks for almost all of their revenue. Disney+ is losing a billion dollars a quarter and the company is still 23 billion dollars in debt from its big pre-COVID acquisition spree. Even in its parks it’s relying more and more on fleecing wealthy super fans with ridiculously expensive packages.

Disney’s biggest threat now is tech companies like Apple and Amazon who can use streaming as a loss leader for their other products and services. Also, Gen Z just doesn’t give a poo poo about any of its franchises and would rather play video games or watch Tik/Tok or YouTube.

Along these lines, I just read an article on SFGate talking about how that much-hyped Star Wars hotel where you get to basically do a LARP MMO is struggling to get anywhere close to being fully booked, to the point that Disney is offering discounts of up to 30% (the cost for spending however many days on the Galactic Cruiseliner or whatever it's called is around $5000, for reference).

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

big cummers ONLY posted:

The movie tells you everything you need to know about the setting and characters, but it tells you by showing you stuff, not dialoguing it. I have seen no other media related to Mad Max, noy even the other movies, and it was completely understandable even on my first watch. And I'm a big idiot. Maybe you weren't in the right headspace

no, don't! you're falling for the bait!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

You can tell it’s a fakepost because X JAKK says he has a girlfriend in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

super sweet best pal posted:

I don't get the hype for the black and white version of Fury Road. B&W makes sense if a film is set in days where color film or color television was still a rarity but not in a postapoc setting.

This is almost as silly as Xjakk's post. You know real life wasn't black & white before colour tv right? In its current context it's an artistic choice which, like any other artistic choice, can be used for good (Schindler's list) or evil (every student film where the colour sliders in Premiere get turned all the way down to make the film more serious).

Now I'm just imagining Spielberg watching colour rushes for Schindler, a growing look of horror creeping across his face as he realises that colour tv didn't exist until after the war and he has to start shooting again from scratch.