Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(because otherwise she'd have to strip naked to not be seen).

i could've sworn at some point in the early years she actually had to do this.

maybe that was in ultimate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

site posted:

This is from something like the second page of the first issue:

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I think Sue started just making herself invisible, then she got the force field bubble and turn people invisible bubble, and now writers just say "gently caress it, invisible claws, sure."

E: I thought her clothes had to be made of unstable molecules so they could turn invisible?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

She didn't originally have the quasi-telekinetic powers, no. Just invisibility. I figure they realized how useless she was in fights after a while and gave her more abilities because up against supervillains it wears kind of thin to disappear just so you can smash a bottle and try to stab the bad guy with it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Her powers were a woman in the 60s who couldn't be seen but COULD be heard. It was revolutionary.

The stripping off her clothes thing was from the movie.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

site posted:

The FF4 movies did a version of this not once, but twice. In the first she makes only her clothes invisible by accident and in the second she burns them off when she gets Johnny's powers. Really amazing stuff.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

StumblyWumbly posted:

E: I thought her clothes had to be made of unstable molecules so they could turn invisible?

Yeah this is what I thought. Admittedly I've barely ever read any FF comics.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ah i must've been thinking about the movie then

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lobok posted:

She didn't originally have the quasi-telekinetic powers, no. Just invisibility. I figure they realized how useless she was in fights after a while and gave her more abilities because up against supervillains it wears kind of thin to disappear just so you can smash a bottle and try to stab the bad guy with it.

Now I kind of want to see this. The usuless invisible member of the team just shanking the bad guy to end every battle.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Baller Ina posted:

The FF4 movies did a version of this not once, but twice. In the first she makes only her clothes invisible by accident and in the second she burns them off when she gets Johnny's powers. Really amazing stuff.

Nah they're talking about the scene on the bridge where Jessica Alba needs to sneak past the cops, so she strips nude, turnds invisible, and tiptoes through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdSPX9C6D7U

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

ah i must've been thinking about the movie then

Sorry to hear it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Toshimo posted:

Nah they're talking about the scene on the bridge where Jessica Alba needs to sneak past the cops, so she strips nude, turnds invisible, and tiptoes through.

The best part is that they show up a second after she does. There was no reason for her to do this.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Toshimo posted:

i got morbidly curious cuz this wasn't what i was thinking of, there's actually another scene where she strips down to escape a mob of people on the street halfway through the movie

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hi, i'm the person whose entire knowledge of the ff comes from the movies.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Push El Burrito posted:

The best part is that they show up a second after she does. There was no reason for her to do this.

There are exactly two reasons. Jessica Alba.

Narratively? Absolutely not. She's a scientist written like a high school sophomore failing Chemistry.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

God, that's skeevy. I knew those movies were bad but I'd never realised exactly the tenor of that badness before.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Exiles (2001) #6

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"oh that was my old card, I've updated"
'Sue Richards - Invisble Woman - I will literally put you in a bubble and watch you suffocate to death if you talk smack about me again'

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Manhunter #1 (1988)

Foolkiller #3 (2017)

Bodycount #3 (1996)

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

CzarChasm posted:

Went to New Jersey for the first time last year. It was fine.

my first visit to New Jersey: "well we've been on the Turnpike since the Delaware River and it seems normalish." *sign reading 'WELCOME TO ELIZABETH NJ'* "....JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT SMELL".

Anyway, most of Dark Web would fit in this thread pretty easy. After years of enduring attempted grimdark Kindred bullshit, seeing Spidey be grave and serious while Jonah's toiletries are begging him to spit in their mouths is great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you aren't reading Dandadan, you should feel bad

Chapter 91

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Baba Yaga upgraded.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i fought that boss in ff7

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

site posted:

i fought that boss in ff7

My exact thought.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I was stewing in my mind that the hell house isn't a boss just a normal enemy even if its a nightmare to fight but lol they give it a promotion in the remake. I guess a lot of us were traumatised by that thing back in the day.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Infinitum posted:

If you aren't reading Dandadan, you should feel bad

Chapter 91

He's been getting away with it for years. Do you know him? Have you seen him? Please call.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
You'll never guess who the keynote speaker is for this year's Villain Con!

From Spider-Men: Double Trouble #3, which is adorable.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Punisher #27 (2003)

PunisherMax #11 (2011)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/thebestofclois/status/1617840660601790465

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lmao

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Me too

https://twitter.com/kerrycallen/status/1617993093642620928?s=46&t=NoXkTKiqLSgILkxOtDBzNQ

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Look I'm straight, but I need Henry Cavill to see this.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Punisher #25 (2005)

Punisher #14 (2010)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
-sigh- Frankencastle.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Darthemed posted:

The Punisher #25 (2005)

I could swear they did the same scene in Brubaker's Daredevil when the Punisher was deliberately trying to get himself sent to prison -- cop tries to arrest him, sees the skull on his chest, and nearly wets himself calling for backup while the Punisher just stands there with his hands up.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
X-Terminators (#4) ended the only way it could have.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Chinston Wurchill posted:

X-Terminators (#4) ended the only way it could have.

Finally the Wolverine genes activate in full.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Dareon posted:

So, remember when Emma Frost looked in Cap's mind at the Gala and was horrified that she reminded him of his mother?

I know this is from a bit back, but this joke is basically perfect, I laughed for about a minute. It's the exact right level of petty for the offense Emma took, his aggrieved face is perfect, it's perfect, I'm laughing about it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Punisher vs. Bullseye #2 (2006)

Punisher War Journal #1 (2007)