Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Wow, 11 communities across North cacalacky, great nation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Mister Speaker posted:

Not sure how I feel about that lawsuit; in Ontario (and I think a lot of other places) there is precedent that a venue can be liable for your actions after leaving if intoxication at that venue is a factor.

But lmao, of course it's London. That city is a benighted shithole and easily the most disgustingly car-centric place I've ever lived. She might have gotten a more serious sentence in Toronto, but London is not a city that fucks with drivers' rights, for any reason.

My standards are so low I was impressed she got hit with 3 years. Do you know if her license was suspended?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
10 million dollars? By golly that's as much as like 10ft of highway! What an investment!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
god i wish i could take a bus/train to work

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

You can. Just load it in your car and drive it there.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
what a relief!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/BrianiRanger/status/1617445866201141248?s=20&t=qgM9uFKbCYHV4l5i35BJZQ

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It's not as handy as it seems you know.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

sitting in the batmobile in traffic for 30 minutes every morning because your kids' school says you have to drop them off in the designated drop off zone

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I walked to school, do kids not do that anymore

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

not if your mom drives that you don't

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Martian posted:

It's not as handy as it seems you know.

cute rendition of the NS Mat '64

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I grew up in the country living 15 miles from school, so that's alien to me, but even so I can't imagine these death stroads are safe for children

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BrianiRanger/status/1617445866201141248?t=smK8OPiwcTmHcxpEobYzFg&s=19

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

weirdest thing is how big that centre console is. like if you're going to make a panamax sized car it could at least have a spacious interior

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The streetcar I took to school every day would have the occasional derelict on it, but I bet it would knock away that Lambo SUV monstrosity like a bowling pin.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i also drive a tank because I'm scared of Black people

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Xaris posted:

so is the feds just paying for an uber now

yes

it's called "public-private partnership"

It's van uber, so passengers might share with someone going in their same direction. It might be vanpool sometimes; that's how it's green. (Dead-head? What's that? Shut up. Stop being so negative. I'd expect something like that from you.)

instead of VC idiots powering the gig exploitation van by lighting imaginary money on fire, it's the government lighting taxes on fire

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

There's definitely been a feedback loop of people stopping their kids from walking because our roads are fundamentally unsafe for pedestrians (valid) and fewer pedestrians mean assholes have even less incentive to not show their asses driving anyway which makes the roads even more unsafe blah blah you get the idea.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I feel the most dangerous biking is passing schools during morning drop-off.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's definitely been a feedback loop of people stopping their kids from walking because our roads are fundamentally unsafe for pedestrians (valid) and fewer pedestrians mean assholes have even less incentive to not show their asses driving anyway which makes the roads even more unsafe blah blah you get the idea.

I think this has been key to the bike friendliness (well...) of Copenhagen: the city has always (like since 1900) had a lot of bikes, so traffic has always had to deal with them, which has lead to almost all streets with real traffic having bike lanes and also drivers know they they have to pay attention to bikes or instantly become murderers.
Reversing that feedback loop so it's only cars seems bad.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Xaris posted:

so is the feds just paying for an uber now

the final solution to the paratransit problem

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Milo and POTUS posted:

I walk my kids to school every day and there's a school zone speed camera on the way.

literally every day I see someone zoom through at 40mph and rack up a $350 ticket.

I think a lot of people contest them and get them thrown out so they literally don't give a poo poo.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/DavidZipper/status/1617511883271028737

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Truck owners are even more pathetic than the average motorist

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Truck owners are even more pathetic than the average motorist

:hai:

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

70% of truck owners frequently use their trucks for "pleasure driving" with another 20% who only do it occasionally. 90% of truck owners drive around for no purpose other than the joy of driving?!!?! i knew truck owners were deranged but that is some psycho poo poo.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

I did but I didn't see anyone else doing it, this was 2005-2007.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

skooma512 posted:

I did but I didn't see anyone else doing it, this was 2005-2007.

it’s child endangerment to let them walk to school. after all; what if they get killed by an SUV? to be safe, you better drive them in an SUV to school instead. after all, it’s dangerous otherwise with all those predator cars out there

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Xaris posted:

it’s child endangerment to let them walk to school. after all; what if they get killed by an SUV? to be safe, you better drive them in an SUV to school instead. after all, it’s dangerous otherwise with all those predator cars out there

SUV? I think you mean APC!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

strange that its legal to electrify your door handles and spray mace out of the side mirrors but if i put those sorts of traps on my house i would be owned forever legally if someone was injured

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Norton posted:

70% of truck owners frequently use their trucks for "pleasure driving" with another 20% who only do it occasionally. 90% of truck owners drive around for no purpose other than the joy of driving?!!?! i knew truck owners were deranged but that is some psycho poo poo.
They’re dick extensions, of course they’re for pleasure.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Real hurthling! posted:

strange that its legal to electrify your door handles and spray mace out of the side mirrors but if i put those sorts of traps on my house i would be owned forever legally if someone was injured

It will likely fall under similar rules if tested in court, provided it's done to a proper citizen like someone with wealth or badge, and not like an unhoused person or something.

Though I can imagine during a traffic stop the door taser getting activated and lol good luck.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

skooma512 posted:

It will likely fall under similar rules if tested in court, provided it's done to a proper citizen like someone with wealth or badge, and not like an unhoused person or something.

Though I can imagine during a traffic stop the door taser getting activated and lol good luck.

if you're rich and sociopathic enough to drive one of these $285,000 paranoid fantasies, you can almost certainly get away with accidentally tasing a cop without doing jail time

cops are still your servants

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BonHair posted:

SUV? I think you mean APC!

extremely effective infantry squisher in c&c

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

extremely effective infant squisher in c&c

that sounds OP

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
The replies are as expected, but this one really stands out:

https://twitter.com/jtgensler/status/1617586980824416267?t=XzGJMUiU8tHJYo2aagYgnw&s=19

Why would you put yourself through the sheer expense of buying and running something like an F-150 to drive two miles a day?

Bonus "I couldn't possibly walk - it's dangerous coz of all the trucks, idiot!" content too.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BalloonFish posted:

The replies are as expected, but this one really stands out:

https://twitter.com/jtgensler/status/1617586980824416267?t=XzGJMUiU8tHJYo2aagYgnw&s=19

Why would you put yourself through the sheer expense of buying and running something like an F-150 to drive two miles a day?

Bonus "I couldn't possibly walk - it's dangerous coz of all the trucks, idiot!" content too.

lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

that sounds OP

it was!!!!!!!!!! on both counts!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

distortion park posted:

weirdest thing is how big that centre console is. like if you're going to make a panamax sized car it could at least have a spacious interior

it's for the gunner to stand on