Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

I saw Avatar 2 with my buddy. He is a huge MCU stan to the point that he we will rewatch every single MCU movie in order several times a year

Even he said that Avatar's story was completely contrived and it had lost him lmao

This is grotesque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

I saw Avatar 2 with my buddy. He is a huge MCU stan to the point that he we will rewatch every single MCU movie in order several times a year

Even he said that Avatar's story was completely contrived and it had lost him lmao

i mean if he's used to MCU movies I could see a movie where the characters are treating the things happening to them seriously as being confusing

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

never seen a single MCU movie or any comic book movie other than Batman. that’s enough

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

man with completely smooth brain hates the smartest movie ever made

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Nichael posted:

This is grotesque.

I used to make fun of him for it but by this point (hes been doing this for years and years now), I admire his inhuman dedication

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i mean if he's used to MCU movies I could see a movie where the characters are treating the things happening to them seriously as being confusing

he wasnt confused by it, he just completely didnt care about it cause it was so formulaic to him

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mawarannahr posted:

never seen a single MCU movie or any comic book movie other than Batman. that’s enough

You have never seen teenage mutant ninja turtles, Men in Black, Dick Tracy, or Red?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

you should watch Blade, its pretty good

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I saw it in 3d after consuming an edible and it was fun to look at. A terrible movie, but there's these parts that are like a nature documentary about an alien ocean and those ruled. I don't think I'd ever seen a 3d movie I liked before Avatar 2. They didn't do that weird gimmicky poo poo that 3d movies always do

Fury Road was in 3D in some theatres and was pretty cool

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

You have never seen teenage mutant ninja turtles, Men in Black, Dick Tracy, or Red?

nope for all but MIB

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 18:15 on Jan 23, 2023

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Death of Stalin is technically a comic book movie

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

mawarannahr posted:

nope for all but MIB

Blade?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
a new cut of Avatar 2 for MCU fans where they put recognizable logos on different characters so the story can keep their attention

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

No comic books??? Not even Richie Rich?!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

No comic books??? Not even Richie Rich?!

I did see Richie rich. I guess I ain’t seen one since childhood, which is a fine and perfectly acceptable time for that type of movie, or playing video games.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Richie Rich stays winning

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/itismitchell/status/1617547129219678210

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVnIMvVEkrA

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I loving loved that movie as a kid because the prospect of having a roller coaster in your backyard seemed like The Goal of being Rich. If you're not going to spend your amassed wealth on things like that, what is the point?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I loving loved that movie as a kid because the prospect of having a roller coaster in your backyard seemed like The Goal of being Rich. If you're not going to spend your amassed wealth on things like that, what is the point?

i watched Richie Rich a LOT as a kid and I do not know why. probably just the allure of Macauley Culkin's bird like face.

I wonder if Herb and that single mom ever smashed.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

he wasnt confused by it, he just completely didnt care about it cause it was so formulaic to him

"formulaic" from an mcu superfan is praise

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nichael posted:

This is grotesque.

i do it with book series when a new one i like comes out :x

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Zvahl posted:

i do it with book series when a new one i like comes out :x

yea but I bet you aren't reading novelizations of comic books.

please say that you aren't reading novelizations of comic books.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

every time elon tweets, i go back to the beginning of his tweets and reread them all

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
i exclusively listen to novelizations of comic books in audiobook format

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

thought it was so cool he had a mcdonalds in his house

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

thought it was so cool he had a mcdonalds in his house

it would be a tight McDonalds to work at too. you probably have to serve like 5 people max/day, the only part that would suck is having to commute to the Rich compound

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'd put in a taco bell

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I watched National Treasure over the weekend. I had never seen it before, but it was pretty dumb. Kind of fun and dumb, but not anywhere near as good as The Rock.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Should I see Babylon or fabelmans today?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Should I see Babylon or fabelmans today?

just watch banshees again or something

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

i say swears online posted:

just watch banshees again or something

or watch Banshee the tv show

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I saw it in 3d after consuming an edible and it was fun to look at. A terrible movie, but there's these parts that are like a nature documentary about an alien ocean and those ruled. I don't think I'd ever seen a 3d movie I liked before Avatar 2. They didn't do that weird gimmicky poo poo that 3d movies always do

Avatar 1 was the same way and it was mindblowing when it came out b/c 3D movies weren't tainted yet by the cheap copycats that do it in post, they shoot the entire movie for 3D using special cameras and it really shows

I don't like 3D movies in general because they are painful to watch if you aren't sitting in the most optimal part of the theater but it's certainly an experience if the stars align. I'd never see any other movie in 3D specifically but I'd make an exception for Avatar because it's the only franchise that does it right.

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 19:30 on Jan 23, 2023

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

Avatar 1 was the same way and it was mindblowing when it came out b/c 3D movies weren't tainted yet by the cheap copycats that do it in post, they shoot the entire movie for 3D using special cameras and it really shows

I don't like 3D movies in general because they are painful to watch if you aren't sitting in the most optimal part of the theater but it's certainly an experience if the stars align. I'd never see any other movie in 3D specifically but I'd make an exception for Avatar because it's the only franchise that does it right.

Dredd was done with 3D production

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Justin Tyme posted:

i saw fury road in 3D and I really hated the experience and the movie, probably somewhat as a result. I’m glad they’re not a thing anymore. remember 3D tvs? lol

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Gravity was pretty loving great in 3d too

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

trying to think of an application for 3D display technology that isn't a dumb bullshit gimmick for nerds. maybe like displaying map topology for surveying? idk

I bet there's a dad out there that has a 500 lb plasma TV in the garage and 3D TV in the basement. Probably also has a bigass projector in the back yard, mr dink rear end media consumer

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

i saw fury road in 3D and I really hated the experience and the movie, probably somewhat as a result. I’m glad they’re not a thing anymore. remember 3D tvs? lol

the first dvd i ever saw was at pastor's house in like 1997 with Life is Beautiful, he had one of those projection HD tv's with the RGB spotlights underneath and forward of the screen

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
If you have a VR headset 3d movies look pretty good on those. I watched a couple of things on it when I first got mine. I remember Hugo in particular looking great.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Substandard posted:

If you have a VR headset 3d movies look pretty good on those. I watched a couple of things on it when I first got mine. I remember Hugo in particular looking great.

they made a Hugo movie ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

trying to think of an application for 3D display technology that isn't a dumb bullshit gimmick for nerds. maybe like displaying map topology for surveying? idk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSY3rY9SAhs&t=234s