Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vermain posted:

the majority of which were remasters or smaller games like harvestella, and i think only divine force really skewed especially positive as far as big releases went

tristrat and SOP were great, L-A-L is a full remake, and also great, and the centennial case is something i really need to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jay Rust posted:

Ahhhh who caressss about this dumb gameeee

Looks like a few people ITT

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I guess caring now is something we do

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm gonna get Dead Space Remake instead.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Ahhhh who caressss about this dumb gameeee

The people talking about it I imagine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
like out of every publisher to say "they can't release games anymore" i think SE is the worst choice, they had a very bad period around the FF13/FF14/FF15 period with project management but right now they seem to be one of the only big publishers that isn't Nintendo who has like, a full release schedule

Bethesda, as a publisher, released one (1) game last year. EA released six, four of which were EA Sports games

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

I said come in! posted:

I'm gonna get Dead Space Remake instead.

I could always use a good spook so i'm hoping the Dead Space Remake will succeed where the Callisto Protocol failed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Looks like a few people ITT

Sakurazuka posted:

The people talking about it I imagine

pure psychos

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arrrthritis posted:

I could always use a good spook so i'm hoping the Dead Space Remake will succeed where the Callisto Protocol failed.

Original Dead Space was everything I was hoping Callisto Protocol would be but better. Was so annoyed by CP, finishing the game, and realizing I got had.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Never trust 'from the makers of'

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i liked Dead Space but i'd rather just have a remaster of the first two games

or just pull my PC out and play them. looks like rear end on XBOX 360 BC, smh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

like out of every publisher to say "they can't release games anymore" i think SE is the worst choice, they had a very bad period around the FF13/FF14/FF15 period with project management but right now they seem to be one of the only big publishers that isn't Nintendo who has like, a full release schedule

Bethesda, as a publisher, released one (1) game last year. EA released six, four of which were EA Sports games

Bandai Namco is also doing pretty good, but it helps that they have access to a lot of licenses.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i liked Dead Space but i'd rather just have a remaster of the first two games

or just pull my PC out and play them. looks like rear end on XBOX 360 BC, smh

The PC versions of original Dead Space dont look much better. When I replayed Dead Space 1 a few years ago, I kept saying to myself that I wish this had next-gen shadow/lighting effects, and now here we are.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they at least run at high framerates, i think the 360 one is locked at 30

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

Never trust 'from the makers of'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPvbF7bG7lk

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Started playing the first advance wars and oh boy I can tell this game is going to be brutal just from the tutorial missions. Never played one of these sorts of games except gba fire emblem many many years ago

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jay Rust posted:

pure psychos

I mean I don't care about the game this is the games chat where we talk about games so chatting about even psycho games should not be forbidden

games

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sakurazuka posted:

Nothing more anime than talking about your feelings.

The prototypical anime, My Dinner With Andre

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
New Steamworld Game

https://twitter.com/SteamWorldGames/status/1617579162851594241?s=20&t=1hfNEv_yinlFo42ySZb-Ng

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/kaanfight/status/1617512731950841864?s=20&t=iEUkg3dpojXYnIQTLzVv2A

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Those guys are cool. Don't they also have Steamworld Headhunter coming out someday? 2023?

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
are we banning all talk of Hogwarts Legacy like resetera, even post release

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

worms butthole guy posted:

What’s the point?

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I agree, i'm just wondering

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I mean I dont get the impression that anyone here is interested in buying the game anyways. So I don't think we need to ban discussion of it. From everything i've seen it looks like it will be a bad game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Most likely outcome to me is one containment thread and talking about it anywhere else is banned

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The recent trailer for Hogwarts legacy had a tagline of something like "live the unwritten" which seemed like a subtle jab at JKR.

My wife is gonna want to play it I think.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i dont think we've ever banned discussion on a game

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

No one remembers the Bubsy wars.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dang on the one hand I've played all the other Steamworld game but this is super not my genre

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

League of Legends got banned for a short while.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

I mean I dont get the impression that anyone here is interested in buying the game anyways. So I don't think we need to ban discussion of it. From everything i've seen it looks like it will be a bad game.

i'm not a harry potter fan but I think it looks alright :shrug:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

RIP Senran Kagura thread

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The only thing I know of that is verboten is Made in Abyss

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

Bandai Namco is also doing pretty good, but it helps that they have access to a lot of licenses.

I want a new dot.hack series

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Why would it be?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We banned discussion of Forespoken

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

The only thing I know of that is verboten is Made in Abyss

i dont think anyone's actually attempted to make a thread about the Made in Abyss game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Dota discussion was banned for many years because the posters were all the dumbest people on earth and it was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

We banned discussion of Forespoken

it's Forbidden