Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Can you just do the thing you’ve already done like a dozen times in various threads where after you say a bunch of bad faith poo poo you cry about us all being meanies and stomp your feet and declare you’re the bigger person and are leaving

You already did it yesterday what changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

:gas: this place wtf is going on in here.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Looks like an epic rereg guy is getting upset that people don't like Jim Crontet in the thread about making fun of Corny

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s just the annual visit from some Cornette fan upset that his problematic fave is such a monumental dipshit he gets to have his own containment thread, nbd

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I do love that every time he lies about something he says he's going to look into it like he's Elon Musk responding to Cat Turd 2's complaints.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

MassRafTer posted:

Why are you looking into it, you outright lied. You claimed the Elite were friends with him. Just calm down. There's nothing to look into, the rings belonged to QT Marshall. The only thing you need to look into is the hate in your heart.

And by Jericho's wife took part in January 6th you mean "His wife went to the reflecting pool after the Trump speech and never went to the Capitol" right?

quote:

During Part II of a controversial 3-part series on the Duke Loves Rasslin Podcast, Rance bragged about his relationships with multiple prominent stars in the wrestling business. It was his relationship with one lesser-known individual that drew attention.

“Bob Rosen, who built my last ring… Bob was talking to me about the ring... who I am still texting with earlier to get my ring back, that was rented for someone..."-- Chasyn Rance, Duke Loves Rasslin Podcast, April 27, 2021

Rance refers to Bob Rosen, who is the current Lead Ring Tech for AEW. His statement implies that Bob Rosen was in possession of his wrestling ring on April 27, 2021, which had been rented and paid for by “someone”. While Rance did not specify who rented his ring through Bob Rosen, it should be noted that as AEW’s Lead Ring Tech, Rosen does not currently work for other promotions.

https://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe/was-chaysn-rance-ring-used-on-the-last-aew-ppv-5-14-21

Apologies, no confirmation that he is buddies with anyone in the Elite faction. I'm conflating the story with another where he appeared on a Kenny Omega booked show at a videogame event, but looked that up and Omega says it's just because he gave the ring crew a dark match as a reward for helping out (and Rance was part of the ring crew). I'll take that back, didn't mean to get into the weeds with it and glad to be corrected.

edit: Here she is second from the left.

The Hausu Usher fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 23, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please don't be concerned. all of the posts defending jim from the bad people are going to be edited years later to say they were a joke

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Hausu Usher posted:

https://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe/was-chaysn-rance-ring-used-on-the-last-aew-ppv-5-14-21

Apologies, no confirmation that he is buddies with anyone in the Elite faction. I'm conflating the story with another where he appeared on a Kenny Omega booked show at a videogame event, but looked that up and Omega says it's just because he gave the ring crew a dark match as a reward for helping out (and Rance was part of the ring crew). I'll take that back, didn't mean to get into the weeds with it and glad to be corrected.

Yes you believed Chasyn's weird lies instead of just looking up that they were QT Marshall's rings and that it made no sense for AEW to use Chasyn's rings for that shoot.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Cavauro posted:

please don't be concerned. all of the posts defending jim from the bad people are going to be edited years later to say they were a joke

Hahaha he really did that

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Hausu Usher posted:

Digging up something that tries to connect the AEW ring tech to a pedo because ???

truly living up to the CAnon thread title

Cavauro posted:

lol

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Remembering all the times Jericho’s wife has competed in the AEW ring…this picture is absolutely ruining those memories…

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Hausu Usher posted:

Goons have got to learn to just not get into the argument. Never apologize, never defend. Just post your clip of Jim being a human for 2 seconds in-between hating on women drivers and wishing OC died and then just leave it. Getting sucked into this

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Digging up something that tries to connect the AEW ring tech to a pedo because ???

truly living up to the CAnon thread title

I mean I'm obviously comparing being able to listen to Jim Cornette with being able to watch AEW wrestling.

Both are bad. I'm not jumping on the AEW thread talking about Jay Lethal being a part of the roster every time there's a new post, and I wouldn't even really care about this thread it's just that the attempt at public shaming hit me the wrong way considering the emotions involved in the death of Jay Briscoe.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL5CrxblRDg

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Hausu Usher posted:

I mean I'm obviously comparing being able to listen to Jim Cornette with being able to watch AEW wrestling.

Both are bad. I'm not jumping on the AEW thread talking about Jay Lethal being a part of the roster every time there's a new post, and I wouldn't even really care about this thread it's just that the attempt at public shaming hit me the wrong way considering the emotions involved in the death of Jay Briscoe.

Why did you post a photo of Chris Jericho's wife at the Washington Monument, do you think that's the Capitol building or something?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Why did you post a photo of Chris Jericho's wife at the Washington Monument, do you think that's the Capitol building or something?

I'm not saying she was repelling from buildings, no. She went to an anti-democratic "STOP THE STEAL" march kitted out in Trump gear, isn't that worth as much pearl clutching as Jim Cornette going on a slabbering rant about wishing TV stars would break their necks in a shock jock podcast? Combined with the donation to the Trump campaign from Jericho it becomes pretty relevant to my comparing the two.

I'm not angrily demanding anyone stop watching AEW, I'm not seriously saying Jericho donating to Trump will make me stop watching it either. But I'd sure have appreciated it if on the subject of Jay Briscoe I was left the gently caress alone and not hounded by hypocrites who apply one rule to others and none to themselves. If anyone else wants to dunk on that go ahead but please answer my question:

Why do you watch a company that employs Jay Lethal?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Hausu Usher posted:

I'm not saying she was repelling from buildings, no. She went to an anti-democratic "STOP THE STEAL" march kitted out in Trump gear, isn't that worth as much pearl clutching as Jim Cornette going on a slabbering rant about wishing TV stars would break their necks in a shock jock podcast? Combined with the donation to the Trump campaign from Jericho it becomes pretty relevant to my comparing the two.

I'm not angrily demanding anyone stop watching AEW, I'm not seriously saying Jericho donating to Trump will make me stop watching it either. But I'd sure have appreciated it if on the subject of Jay Briscoe I was left the gently caress alone and not hounded by hypocrites who apply one rule to others and none to themselves. If anyone else wants to dunk on that go ahead but please answer my question:

Why do you watch a company that employs Jay Lethal?

Friend, I think it is powerful that she went to the rally and then decided not to storm the capitol. That's taking responsibility for your actions.

Meanwhile I have repeatedly told you you are free to listen to the guy who went on television to demand war crimes be committed against the Middle East and then had his podcast co-host quit due to his deranged Islamophobic rants, which his former friends attest to being regular parts of his character.

I watch the show because it entertains me and does not make Jay Lethal's conduct a regular feature of the show. I have explained this to you many times, but since you are a bad faith actor and liar you pretend to not understand this.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Hausu Usher posted:

What about Don Callis or Jay Lethal?

[retracted: researching Chasyn Rance story]

Chris Jericho literally gave money to a serial sexual abuser and his wife took part in Jan 6th.

Are you a mod btw? "They keep deflecting" is a weird way to contribute to the conversation, and I don't think I'm deflecting. I'm saying since I started listening to his show there's been times I didn't like the way he's said some things (mostly being too jokey about the paralegal, gross) and I'll make my own mind up on him going forward. AEW is as gross as Cornette but I'm not going to make it my mission to pummel the point every time I look on this subforum.

What's weird about using a gender neutral pronoun? I don't know you.

Every defense you've posted in this thread has been whataboutism. lovely past behavior or associating with someone questionable is not the same as using a platform to spread and encourage hatred. If you can enjoy Cornette while looking past the toxicity then go nuts, but you can knock it off with pretending everyone else is just as toxic.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Friend, I think it is powerful that she went to the rally and then decided not to storm the capitol. That's taking responsibility for your actions.

Meanwhile I have repeatedly told you you are free to listen to the guy who went on television to demand war crimes be committed against the Middle East and then had his podcast co-host quit due to his deranged Islamophobic rants, which his former friends attest to being regular parts of his character.

I haven't heard any inkling of that since I started listening, so maybe he's a changed man. Thanks for the permission to listen.

Penguin Patrol posted:

What's weird about using a gender neutral pronoun? I don't know you.

Every defense you've posted in this thread has been whataboutism. lovely past behavior or associating with someone questionable is not the same as using a platform to spread and encourage hatred. If you can enjoy Cornette while looking past the toxicity then go nuts, but you can knock it off with pretending everyone else is just as toxic.

Fair enough about the gender neutral pronoun, I took it the wrong way.

Answer my question then:

Why do you watch a show from a company that employs Jay Lethal?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Hausu Usher posted:

I haven't heard any inkling of that since I started listening, so maybe he's a changed man. Thanks for the permission to listen.

Seems hard for him to be a changed man given all of the other bigoted content on his show and that his racism cost him another job right before the pandemic. But you are free to believe in more nonsense, friend.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Hausu Usher posted:

. But I'd sure have appreciated it if on the subject of Jay Briscoe I was left the gently caress alone and not hounded by hypocrites who apply one rule to others and none to themselves.

You are the one who has been desperately begging someone in this thread to pat you on your head and tell you that you are a good doggie and you should keep listening to the dumb racist guy’s podcast

Here, i have a crazy idea for you: continue listening to whatever you want, but stop coming onto sa, posting something, and being shocked that this isnt the good time fool around forum, this is the forum for discussing wrestling

People then discussed the finer points of jim cornette

Sorry. Maybe try a different thread, or simply not posting if you need so badly for all the interactions you have on SA to be positive and with shiny happy people

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Fritz Von Erich was probably a worse person than Jim Cornette. There, I said it!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Fritz Von Erich was probably a worse person than Jim Cornette. There, I said it!

oh i dunno, fritz at least ran a successful wrestling territory

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Fritz would never expose the business at an outlaw mud show like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G22qfagAc_o

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

come to weynon priory in next 15 mins if u want an rear end kicking

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Fritz would never expose the business at an outlaw mud show like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G22qfagAc_o

Look the wasn't gimmick wasn't that he was wrestling a ninja turtle, it was that he was humiliated by a guy dressed up as a turtle!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Hausu Usher posted:

If you want to avoid him getting too nuts, just skip forward when he starts talking about the other driver and later on about the TV executive who wouldn't let Dynamite show highlights of the Briscoes on Wednesday.

One way you know Cornette is someone worth listening to is when even posting a supposedly good thing he said, you have you add a caveat to turn it off when he starts ranting like a loving lunatic. Very normal.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Hausu Usher posted:

Why do you watch a show from a company that employs Jay Lethal?

You appear to be genuinely blinded by Cornette's charisma so I'll bite, but you can consider this your final warning about the whataboutism.

If Jay Lethal were spreading toxic views on sexism, racism, Islamaphobia, or transphobia then it would be an issue for me. The allegations from his past aren't great, and I don't begrudge anyone for hating someone for that reason, but the show does not glorify those actions nor has he ever used a platform to try to downplay those actions or to encourage others to follow his behavior, so it's not at all comparable to Cornette.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

The Hausu Usher posted:

You complained earlier about people having weird hangups about Cornette that started all this. It wasn't the weird hangups that started this debate, it was the fact that he was telling his listeners to dig up information on someone (which to start with is a red flag), a person who they have no reliable way of determining exactly who made the decision he objected to, and expose this person (and probably others who are completely unrelated to any of this) to whatever unpleasantness all while trying to honour the memory of someone.

I'm not a fan of Meltzer. I think he's stubborn and often refuses to admit when he says things that are wrong or dumb. However I agree with all the things he said regarding Jay Briscoe in his tribute and he also called into question the WBD decision to not allow a tribute show while allowing Dana White to have his slapfighting nonsense and say some stupid stuff on the show, all while not encouraging a group of mostly likely unhinged people to doxx someone.

In short "I'm sad this person has passed, you should all go out and attack this person who was unrelated to his death but wouldn't allow a tribute show to be run" isn't really a normal reaction even during times of grief unless you are a hate-filled individual, and that's even before we look into his other views. The man is a piece of poo poo and he couldn't even pay tribute to someone without making it hateful.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smokey mountain would have survived longer if jim let rick rubin have more say in the booking

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

And yet you watch other content on the YouTube platform, curious

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Woke up to multiple pages in the Corny thread and thought for sure he must have dropped dead.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cornography

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I haven't kept up with, nor thought much about Cornette in awhile. The most charitable possible interpretation is that leaning into his character and pandering to his audience of crusty old wrestling smarks has made him more insane and unhinged over time. Be careful what you pretend to be, and all that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Hausu Usher posted:

Answer my question then:

Why don't you respond to my demands that you engage with my whataboutism?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

jim cornette is a dumb old bastard!

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

You appear to be genuinely blinded by Cornette's charisma so I'll bite, but you can consider this your final warning about the whataboutism.

If Jay Lethal were spreading toxic views on sexism, racism, Islamaphobia, or transphobia then it would be an issue for me. The allegations from his past aren't great, and I don't begrudge anyone for hating someone for that reason, but the show does not glorify those actions nor has he ever used a platform to try to downplay those actions or to encourage others to follow his behavior, so it's not at all comparable to Cornette.

No, I have said I don't like how Cornette puts some things and if he hit the heights of bigotry he did in the past I'd stop listening. You are projecting - at least onto what I've heard in most of his shows since October 2022. It would be whataboutery if I didn't address his faults (which I clearly have consistently - even labelling moments in the Jay Briscoe video I found a bit too much); what I was doing was pointing out the hypocrisy of the AEW fans on here who will cry murder about JC but not apply the same values to their show.

Misogyny literally featured in a top angle on Dynamite last week.

There are accusations of sexual assault against Lethal spanning about as far back as the last overtly horrible thing JC said so if anyone can excuse Lethal's allegal assaults on women than excuse me for doing the same with Cornette's crazy rants.

I wouldn't spend all my energy bringing ugly things about AEW stars/company up every time someone posts positively on PSP, and while I don't expect this thread to stop criticising Jim Cornette I took exception in one instance. I think I've probably said my piece and happy to draw a line under it now and move on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
AEW employs bad people, but I'm not going to bring it up in every post, but I am going to bring it up in every post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Hausu Usher posted:

No, I have said I don't like how Cornette puts some things and if he hit the heights of bigotry he did in the past I'd stop listening. You are projecting - at least onto what I've heard in most of his shows since October 2022. It would be whataboutery if I didn't address his faults (which I clearly have consistently - even labelling moments in the Jay Briscoe video I found a bit too much); what I was doing was pointing out the hypocrisy of the AEW fans on here who will cry murder about JC but not apply the same values to their show.

Misogyny literally featured in a top angle on Dynamite last week.

There are accusations of sexual assault against Lethal spanning about as far back as the last overtly horrible thing JC said so if anyone can excuse Lethal's allegal assaults on women than excuse me for doing the same with Cornette's crazy rants.

I wouldn't spend all my energy bringing ugly things about AEW stars/company up every time someone posts positively on PSP, and while I don't expect this thread to stop criticising Jim Cornette I took exception in one instance. I think I've probably said my piece and happy to draw a line under it now and move on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You are aware that plenty of us wailed and gnashed our teeth when jay lethal showed up and we would love for him to gently caress off

Right

Or will you just pick someone else as your excuse like the young bucks themselves who are iirc conservatives thanks to being christian af