Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bargearse posted:

Good m constantly amazed by conservatives and their ability to take a minor suggestion, like “maybe we should limit the use of gas stoves in new installations” and blow it out into yet another battle in their bullshit culture wars.

The other choice is for them to talk about what they're actually doing and it turns out people aren't generally a fan of it so culture wars it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

big government doesn't want you to sit in your car in the garage and run the engine

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bargearse posted:

Good m constantly amazed by conservatives and their ability to take a minor suggestion, like “maybe we should limit the use of gas stoves in new installations” and blow it out into yet another battle in their bullshit culture wars.

These are the same people who took "school shootings are so frequent that one school set up litter boxes in case of a lockdown bathroom emergency" and made it into "schools everywhere are using litterboxes because your kids are identifying as cats."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Was the litterbox thing not fabricated from whole cloth?

I thought that the school shooting preparation thing was a coincidence.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 02:49 on Jan 23, 2023

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I thought it was younger kids play pretending as animals and it was exaggerated to "KIDS ARE IDENTIFYING AS CATS"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

All in catslock

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Platystemon posted:

Was the litterbox thing not fabricated from whole cloth?

I thought that the school shooting preparation thing was a coincidence.

There was a school that had cat litter in classes for younger children in case of an extended lockdown so the terrified toddler isn't covered in their own waste.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

It isn't "cat litter" in the sense that they literally went to a pet store and bought literal cat litter. There are emergency classroom lockdown kits that include a bucket and sorbent powder in case a kid needs to use the toilet.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Skwirl posted:

There was a school that had cat litter in classes for younger children in case of an extended lockdown so the terrified toddler isn't covered in their own waste.

Sure, but did the people who started the rumor know that?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Brawnfire posted:

Hydra's just as good and sustainable!
Best of both worlds:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

bobjr posted:

I thought it was younger kids play pretending as animals and it was exaggerated to "KIDS ARE IDENTIFYING AS CATS"
Oh no it was exaggerated to KIDS ARE IDENTIFYING AS FURRIES

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Bargearse posted:

I could never be a politician cause at the first sign I saw people that wouldn't vote for me doing this I would just start telling people not to do crazy dangerous things.

Please don't drink bleach
Please don't point loaded guns at your face with your finger on the trigger
Please don't lick light sockets
Please don't put teslas in full self drive mode and fall asleep at the wheel

Just like real basic safety poo poo.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I'm not sure why politicians haven't leaned into directly targeting the oppositional defiant disordered people.

I guess there have been some unintentional examples, like that recent election where the Dems were encouraging mail-in votes and then there was a huge storm on election day.

The gas stoves thing, though, is specifically a cause of childhood asthma, so this just sucks in general

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bargearse posted:

I feel like they have some requisite minimum number of things to get outraged about, because I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could make an unbroken line of grievance politics that stretch for decades.

And since they always need a new thing to get angry about, their memory of older things fades really fast. Chances are by next month the only mention of gas stoves will be within rants about green new deal /climate change. Note how they don't mention Mr potato head or snickers dick vein anymore, for example.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Anora posted:

Please don't point loaded guns at your face with your finger on the trigger

Remember that pro gun meme thing of people pointing guns at their own dicks?

https://www.knowyourmeme.com/memes/gun-owners-pointing-guns-at-their-crotches

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
On one hand they'll be saying poo poo like "levels of asthma are higher than when we were young, the youth today are weak" and then when researchers say "we think there might be a link between gas stoves and rising levels of asthma" they kick off that the left are weak and gas stoves never did them any harm. The cognitive dissonance is incredible.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

who would have thought that burning gas indoors would be bad

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

hawowanlawow posted:

who would have thought that burning gas indoors would be bad
But it's so convenient! Just like putting lead in everything. We knew lead was poison for literally thousands of years and just kept putting it in more stuff. I don't think anyone's surprised to learn that indoor fires are a health hazard, even if the specific details in this case are just being discovered recently, but gas is cheap, efficient, and so very convenient.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fuckin Midgley doing demonstrations in front of crowds where he would dunk his arms into TEL up to the elbows to own the libs

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Fuckin Midgley doing demonstrations in front of crowds where he would dunk his arms into TEL up to the elbows to own the libs

And then immediately undergoing intense treatment after the demonstrations lol.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
An idiotic response to an idiotic controversy:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mmschocolate/status/1617518785686274052

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Super Bowl is in three weeks. It’s a stunt just like the death of Mr. Peanut.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Spokescandies

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Holy poo poo is this an unfortunate place to cut off the text.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

we did not mean to offend anycandy with this gimmick

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
more like wokescandies

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 42 minutes!
why is there a brown m&m but no white m&m

oh wait

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/AlicevanHerpen/status/1617352994743549953

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

credburn posted:

why is there a brown m&m but no white m&m

oh wait

Remember before blue m&ms there was a lighter brown one?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Wearing my d-cup bustier so loosely that it can spin 360 around me like a top

This is what men go crazy for

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Looking at flat-chested men wearing a clown suit

“Now that’s a classy look”

Sees a big breasted lady wearing a beautiful gown

“Clown in a gown”

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Haha sure would be crazy if people started posting pictures of big boobed women looking really classy haha that would totally own them haha

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Baron von Eevl posted:

Remember before blue m&ms there was a lighter brown one?

I remember tan! I was weirded out by blue at first. Seemed like more of a fruit candy color than a chocolate candy color, but that's meaningless and arbitrary so I got over it fast

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Brawnfire posted:

I remember tan! I was weirded out by blue at first. Seemed like more of a fruit candy color than a chocolate candy color, but that's meaningless and arbitrary so I got over it fast

You should've gone on basic cable news and complained for an hour that blue isn't as fuckable an M&M as tan.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm the one who put the nut in the yellow m&m.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Some more Splash Mountain meltdowns today, not sure what's different today vs last month or whenever that was.

https://twitter.com/TheDouggernaut/status/1617440614689427460

I normally don't care too much about "Disney adults" (nostalgia is powerful, after all), but boy, do their tears taste REAL good. :getin:

:perfect:

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Agents are GO! posted:

Holy poo poo is this an unfortunate place to cut off the text.

idgi

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

What's a word that begins with "nig" that you probably don't want to put in an ad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Neito posted:

What's a word that begins with "nig" that you probably don't want to put in an ad?

Ugh, yeh, you're right, Nightwing is a dumb character and a dumb name