Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean even Ronald Jones is performing

edit:

https://twitter.com/jodybaker80/status/1615087815825522711

kiimo fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
McKinnon gonna become the new Ekeler in fantasy leagues.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
CEH is what happens if you give Dexter McCluster a starting job

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Bob Sutton is an assistant Jags coach

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I am watching someone on Twitter go over Chiefs Jags regular season game and I forgot how eventful it was:

- Jags start the game recovering onside kick
- Jags safety concusses Juju and MVS
- Toney's 2nd game and he had a few huge plays
- Chiefs had 3 turnovers, Jags had 0

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I was on a plane to DC during the entire game :shobon:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/sumersports/status/1616179076980424711?s=46&t=ytzMdUVIcAykuqUoVJNyZA

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I know that all teams have kicking woes, but I can't help but think that even a league average kicker is better than Butker now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dicker the Kicker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what does that stat even indicate? lot of very close games? my team's kicker is 24th in accuracy and had the 4th worst extra point percentage and that actually improved the value of the ones he hit. Top 10

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm too fuckin stupid to get it!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cavauro posted:

i'm too fuckin stupid to get it!

Just make this every thread title in TFF.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cavauro posted:

what does that stat even indicate? lot of very close games? my team's kicker is 24th in accuracy and had the 4th worst extra point percentage and that actually improved the value of the ones he hit. Top 10

Yeah, was going to ask if this just indicates which teams pull the luck out late in an unsustainable way, and which teams are impacted by it more. Makes sense that the Chiefs wouldn’t need so much help to win games.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
last night I was like, "hey, what's wade phillips been up to lately?", so I checked his twitter and i guess he's coaching the xfl houston roughnecks?? very nice.

then I scrolled through and saw this :smith:

https://twitter.com/sonofbum/status/1606021283023507459?cxt=HHwWhsCqxaH23cksAAAA

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
After all of this season Harrison Butker was a big part of winning this game with that special teams tackle (the kickoff itself seemed fine, just bad coverage). He even had to hit two extra points and hit them both after a false start, I was absolutely sure that wasn't happening.

Good for him.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Our special teams seem a bit shaky compared to the last 3 years but anyway our special boy only needed one leg to get the win.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Kelce is now 2nd all time in playoff catches

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Noted FA bust, Frank Clark, has passed Reggie White for all-time postseason sacks.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

LiquidFriend posted:

Noted FA bust, Frank Clark, has passed Reggie White for all-time postseason sacks.

He wasn't a bust, he was an rear end in a top hat IIRC.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Fat Jesus posted:

Our special teams seem a bit shaky compared to the last 3 years but anyway our special boy only needed one leg to get the win.

I was thinking the same thing. Chiefs special teams looked like total rear end today.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/conradmcgorkin/status/1617050567011979267?s=46&t=Defb6jX5YS6w3SdHn2OpZg

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I am not optimistic about Sundays game, but glad to have another game to watch. I think if I keep my expectations super low it will work out.

How crazy would a Henne wins afccg and super bowl story be though.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ort posted:

I am not optimistic about Sundays game, but glad to have another game to watch. I think if I keep my expectations super low it will work out.

too crazy

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Ort posted:

Treating Sunday's game as one where I'm playing with house money.

In the pre-season, this was a year where the Chiefs would re-tool and get younger in anticipation for runs in the following years while the Bills and Chargers went all in. Instead, the Chiefs are literally at the same spot they were the year before but with a younger defence, decent draft capital and plenty of cap space.

As long as they don't get hosed by the Bengals, I'll be content.

A little part of me secretly hopes that we are about to see Mahomes' biggest magic trick too, conjuring a Super Bowl appearance with just one leg.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
will no one rid me of these meddlesome Chefs

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Kull the Conqueror posted:

new thread title just dropped.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Pat Mahomes is definitely the name of a Scooby Doo villain impersonating being the town chef.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

if you pull off his mask there's perfectly cooked ribs underneath. spooky. :iiam:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I hope we at least get overtime again. Five full seasons of Mahomes's earliest playoff exit betting the AFCCG in OT is a cool stat.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Ort posted:

it would be pretty funny if our only victory over the taylor/burrow bengals was QBd by chad henne

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

if you pull off his mask there's perfectly cooked ribs underneath. spooky. :iiam:
Thank you for reminding me of this:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ort posted:

https://twitter.com/jacobmorley/status/1617730257523740672?s=61&t=FNjQQNIfjZUjL5OoYLMNVA

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/traandrews16/status/1617730495152029697?s=46&t=Cq9WmNofqOuoenVSNV1bbA

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Send us all the picks Denver.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1618005472220422144?s=20&t=h0syQfz3RG5PQLHkIahyaQ

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
If you were at dinner with Cowherd and Payton how long before you start trying to scoop your eyes out with your spoon

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Well gently caress it yolo we've been riding into the wind long enough that it doesn't matter anymore. nothing matters.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Look if your name is P*ton you eventually have to work for the Denver Broncos I don’t make the rules.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

If you were at dinner with Cowherd and Payton how long before you start trying to scoop your eyes out with your spoon

I'd spend the entire dinner bringing up videos of touchdown celebrations and asking Colin which he liked best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Cheffers going to ref the superbowl, winning just got slightly harder.