Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

CBA does seem funniest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

This sounds best to me

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
:siren:Vote closed!:siren:

The Huns

A - West — 10
B - South — 10
C - East — 30
D - nowhere — 5

The Germanics

A - West — 7
B - South — 31
C - East — 11
D - nowhere — 5

The Slavs

A - West — 30
B - South — 13
C - East — 8
D - nowhere — 3

So we'll have Huns going into Asia, Germans towards Italy and Greece, and Slavs into Europe

The next vote, the penultimate, will open in a few minutes

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
:siren:Vote!:siren:

The third vote will determine the fates of those who may well decide the predominating struggle of Crusader Kings 3 — the Abrahamic faiths.

Judaism

The Jews and their One God have not had an easy few centuries; despite numerous uprisings scattered across the centuries, they have been crushed time and time again by the Ptolemies ruling over Canaan. Now, the Second Temple is ruins and the destiny of the faith of Abraham is uncertain…

What becomes of Judaism?

A — Becomes a Diasporadriven from their homelands by war and tyranny, the Jews would come to populate cities in various countries all across Africa, Europe, Persia and India
B — Battles for supremacy in the Holy Landthe faith will largely be contained to the Middle East, where it will struggle against other Abrahamic faiths for dominance
C — Reformation and Spreadthe faith is reformed into a more centralised and aggressive form, and depending on dice rolls, may launch conquests of their own
D — who’s this Abraham?the faith will dwindle, becoming a minority sect here and there
E — roll the diceroll a d4, and go with god

-

Christianity

Though the so-called Christians are yet a young faith, they have already won converts throughout Canaan and provoked violent response from both pagans and other Jews. The destiny of Christianity is fraught with doubt and misgivings, but if the faithful can weather these challenges, then the scope of Christendom will have no borders…

What becomes of Christianity?

A — Battles for supremacy in the Holy Landthe faith will largely be contained to the Middle East, where it will struggle against other Abrahamic faiths for dominance
B — Spreads Westthe faith wins converts amongst the great lords and kings of the West, which will include Egypt and Anatolia at least, and possibly Africa, Italia, Illyria, Gaul, Germania, Iberia…
C — Spreads Eastthe faith wins converts amongst the great lords and kings of the East, which will include Anatolia and Mesopotamia at least, and possibly Persia, Parthia, Bactria, India, and Cathay…
D — what’s a Jesus?the faith will dwindle, becoming a minority sect here and there

-

Islam

The youngest and boldest of the Abrahamic faiths, Islam would emerge from those desert pagans of Arabia and overwhelm much of the known world in an onslaught that would become the very crux on which the Middle Ages would turn… or will it?

What becomes of Islam?

A — Confined to Arabiathe faith will remain confined to the land of its birthing, though it will still be aggressive and seek to expand beyond into the future
B — Battles for supremacy in the Holy Landthe faith will largely be contained to the Middle East, where it will struggle against other Abrahamic faiths for dominance
C — Spreads East and Westthe faith will spread to Egypt and Mesopotamia at least, and possibly Syria, Persia, Anatolia, Greece, Africa, Parthia, Bactria, Iberia, India, Gaul, and Cathay…
D — where’s Muhammad?the faith will dwindle, becoming a minority sect here and there

———

There will be a dice roll associated with the winning votes here as well — in this case, the rolls will decide how united/schismatic each of these religions will become. So if Christianity wins, then depending on the dice rolls they could be divided between one or two major sects with strong religious heads, or amongst dozens with no central authority at all.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
BAB Let's get ready to RUMBLE! Each Diadochi picks it's own religion and goes to town.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 23, 2023

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
A C B

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
E, C, E. Eastern Christianity sounds like the most fun alt-history scenario, but I'm completely clueless about the other two.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

A
B
A

gimme gimme gimme holy war after midnight, won’t somebody help me chase these heathens away

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Let's vote for the tastiest of votes: Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ABC

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

C C A

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

EEE does anyone else hear a ringing in their ear?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

CCC

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

ACC

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
ABA

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
ACC

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
C C C

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

EEE does anyone else hear a ringing in their ear?

that is just the dolphin of chaos.

EEE

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
CCB

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
A D C

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BBB.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
CCE

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
C, C, C

Let's get them properly spread and intermingled so we can have proper apocalyptic religious wars

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

B
B
B

Thunderdome!

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
BAB, three enter one leaves.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
EEE - let god sort it out

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

CCC

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
DDD gently caress your monotheism

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Dance Officer posted:

C, C, C

Let's get them properly spread and intermingled so we can have proper apocalyptic religious wars

Sounds great
C C C

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

E E E

dice god dice god dice god

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, EEE. Only God can tell us how this should go.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

CDD

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

C C E

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
C C D

megane
Jun 20, 2008

DDD :getout:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I hope the Crusades but from the other side of Palestine vote wins lmao

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

CCB

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
A B B

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

E E E

I had a whole thing about the natural spread of religion given differing trade routes and state borders but you have us dice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Rody One Half posted:

I had a whole thing about the natural spread of religion given differing trade routes and state borders but you have us dice

Christianity's already been adopted by the Seleukids and the Greco-Bactrian Kingdom is super strong. Think of a syncretic hellenic-christian-buddhist faith....