Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

haveblue posted:

Forspoken was started shortly after or possibly shortly before the completion of FFXV, which would have been around 2016

Harry Potter Hog Warts Legacy was also started in the tail end of 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sony paid Square Enix $4.20 billion for timed exclusivity on a bad game. This is why Square Enix wins again.

i mean GOTY is out in 4 days so literally who cares except sad xbox and nintendo fanboys

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
TIL Forspoken isn't Avowed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i was a fan of the eurogamer GOTY list where the only AAA next-gen game in the top ten was Elden Ring, which also ran on the PS4. paying attention to the big budget stuff is, a fool's errand

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I like big budget AAA games when they're passable to good, but I've always been a basic bitch.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What the hell is Avowed

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

forspoken more like should have been softspoken

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gaius Marius posted:

What the hell is Avowed

it's the Obsidian Skyrim in the Pillars of Eternity world

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Only big budget aaa game I'll play is fortnite.

worms butthole guy posted:

i mean GOTY is out in 4 days so literally who cares except sad xbox and nintendo fanboys

Which is this?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it's the Obsidian Skyrim in the Pillars of Eternity world

Wow that sounds awful, will avoid

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

Only big budget aaa game I'll play is fortnite.

Which is this?

dead space remake SON

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Wow that sounds awful, will avoid

A-vow-ed to avoid.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

worms butthole guy posted:

dead space remake SON

Oh I'll enjoy a let's play of that and the fortnite skin

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

mutata posted:

I like big budget AAA games when they're passable to good, but I've always been a basic bitch.

Same

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think the one big budget next gen game I kind of enjoyed last year was Cyberpunk after it spent an entire year getting patched

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Kerrzhe posted:

forspoken more like should have been softspoken

Confirmed.

https://twitter.com/G27Status/status/1617560414635556865

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I've had to take a break from Elden Ring because Fire Emblem Engage came out, but I'm still thinking about it... I found some really cool spells before I stopped but I need like thirty more int to use them.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

tuyop posted:

Well in Three Houses I find the dialogue super cringey. People always explaining how they feel. incessantly calling the protagonist “teach”. And the dynamic of going on dates with your students is very unpleasant.

the protagonist of triangle strategy has a immutable name that is expressed in the dialogue and voice acting. there aren't any dating game mechanics nor are you a teacher, the game doesn't have much textual romance to speak of. i don't think talking about your emotions is a trait unique to anime so i can't really help there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

this would be an OK joke if it stopped after like, her first line. can someone learn to edit these things

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
there's nothing wrong with being a basic bitch BUT i am gonna patronize you

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this would be an OK joke if it stopped after like, her first line. can someone learn to edit these things

this is why vine was good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Looked up the writing staff, is this what Uncharted dialog was?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

Uncharted was quippy but not Marvel tier quippy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

exactly

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this is like someone watching airplane!, seeing the leslie nielsen, "good luck. we're all counting on you," gag, and somehow coming to the conclusion that a joke is funnier the more you repeat it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

RBA Starblade posted:

Two Worlds 1 is still a very fun and very bad game. Two Worlds 2 is more competent but also more boring, imo, I couldn't finish it even though I made my guy look like the main character from FEAR 3 by mistake

I gave up on TW2 a few hours in. Janky but also just bland.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

By the way, the Guardians of the Galaxy video game is extremely good and one of Squares best games of the last few years.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Lol I'm on like level 4 of the story mode in advance wars and to the shock of nobody it's already fog of war nightmare bullshit. bring it on :getin:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That game had way too much dialogue. it was ridiculous

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I said come in! posted:

League of Legends got banned for a short while.

Nah that was dota. The threads were so insanely toxic that they were closed and making new ones or discussing it elsewhere in Games was forbidden.

I think this was when Kewpuh was a mod though it's been a while so I don't remember the details.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watching this it looks like there's 2 problems
- Dialogue is.. whatever, but that could have been fixed with camera cuts
- Her completely wooden face and blank stare aren't helping things.

It's like Mass Effect Andromeda all over again

Rinkles posted:

I gave up on TW2 a few hours in. Janky but also just bland.

Can you speedrun TW2 in 2min like you can TW1?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wasn't DOTA just it's own hell subforum for a moment

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Hey should we have the cuff dialogue play during gameplay"
"No no. Lets pause for a mini-cutscene every time"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

Lol I'm on like level 4 of the story mode in advance wars and to the shock of nobody it's already fog of war nightmare bullshit. bring it on :getin:

here's a pro tip for advance wars 1 that breaks the ai and is practically mandatory for the hard mode: it is obsessed with apcs and will do whatever it can to destroy one in range

also fog of war rules and works way better in advance wars than fire emblem even if it took them a few games to figure out how to get the ai to interact with it correctly

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wake me up when you become an adult and start playing daisenryaku vii exceed, instead

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Last night I booted up Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and after about two hours in character creation I was horrified to discover that the game has a fully rotatable camera. I suk at crpgs with fully rotatable cameras. Idk what's easier, making areas that allow a fully rotatable camera or making areas that only allow a static camera, if it's the latter than I wish they hadn't bothered making areas with a fully rotatable camera. I get lost so easily.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

wake me up when you become an adult and start playing daisenryaku vii exceed, instead

i have it downloaded okay i just frequently forget about what games are on my computer!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Made it to Spring in Bully. Winter I thought went on a big too long and had too much story, but I did enjoy bundling up in warm clothes and doing skateboard tricks in the snow.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Made it to Spring in Bully. Winter I thought went on a big too long and had too much story, but I did enjoy bundling up in warm clothes and doing skateboard tricks in the snow.

You must be playing scholarship, in the OG I'm always sad to see Winter go buy so quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

wake me up when you become an adult