Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

its the new main gig.

imagine working at a medical facility where admissions can override medical about who's an appropriate patient

now imagine admissions are all 24 year olds with no medical or clinical experience

NOW imagine...they're paid on commission

PRN night gig is fine, I just totally suck at it.

Oh, I emailed you back already, but one thing I just thought of is to document the names of the people admitting these inappropriate patients in your chart. Like ask them their name and let them know its going into the chart next to your medical judgement that they need to go through an ER and inpatient workups first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh gently caress that’s good.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh gently caress that’s good.

You would be surprised how effective that poo poo is, even with insurance companies.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Probably the only thing worse than waiting for appliance techs for an appointment is the fact they have a tendency to show up at the tail edge of their availability window.

Oh wait, it's not as bad as talking to my sister about figuring out wills. It's not like I'm planning of dying soon, but I'm getting towards the age where I need to actively get one ready.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Oh wait, it's not as bad as talking to my sister about figuring out wills. It's not like I'm planning of dying soon, but I'm getting towards the age where I need to actively get one ready.

When we were at my parent's for Christmas my dad went through the seven page document he has for all of his affairs, accounts, logins, etc. Really made me think my wife and I should start to put together something like that now so. We've both done supplemental life insurance through work since her dad died at 56 in a motorcycle accident, but even with that financial cushion either of us would be pretty much lost trying to contact everyone and close whatever.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dont have any dependents but I've done a will just in case. Would hate for my family to have to go through all the bullshit at a bad time to work it all out.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lmao, put Heat on and I forgot Henry Rollins somehow got a part in Heat with prime Pacino, DeNiro, and Kilmer.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Probably the only thing worse than waiting for appliance techs for an appointment is the fact they have a tendency to show up at the tail edge of their availability window.

Yup, my friend bought a really nice new LG stainless French door fridge and in less than a year the freezer stopped freezing well at all, and it took him like three months just to GET a warranty tech appointment, couple more for them to get there, and then we had evening plans the day they sent people out that he almost had to bail on because they installed an incorrect part and then stood around in his kitchen scratching their heads until like 8:00PM on a Friday

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

T-Square posted:

Lmao, put Heat on and I forgot Henry Rollins somehow got a part in Heat with prime Pacino, DeNiro, and Kilmer.

Yup, my friend bought a really nice new LG stainless French door fridge and in less than a year the freezer stopped freezing well at all, and it took him like three months just to GET a warranty tech appointment, couple more for them to get there, and then we had evening plans the day they sent people out that he almost had to bail on because they installed an incorrect part and then stood around in his kitchen scratching their heads until like 8:00PM on a Friday

We bought some Samsung digital displays for work and they started crapping out on us. I think the average time to resolution for each was like 7 or 8 months.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

Rollins got so many parts in the 90s just for being a jacked dude who could act crazy. I feel like he’s similar to Bautista today, but Rollins is way worse an actor.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

T-Square posted:

My absolutely weirdest brain fuckup that I cannot explain at all because it makes zero sense: every time I see their names in print I get Henry Rollins mixed up with freaking Ted Nugent.

They are the absolute opposite person as far as every view they have and I like me some old Black Flag stuff. If I see a picture I'm fine, but for some reason the names themselves get crossed for me and it takes me a second to figure out.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Rollins got so many parts in the 90s just for being a jacked dude who could act crazy. I feel like he’s similar to Bautista today, but Rollins is way worse an actor.

I mean, he played the defining role of the 90s—the way-too-intense on-air cop in The Chase.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

I mean, he played the defining role of the 90s—the way-too-intense on-air cop in The Chase.

thank you i was trying to remember what I had seen him in in that time frame

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I thought he was good as the Nazi lieutenant guy in the 2nd season of Sons of Anarchy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like Rollins as a dude. He's mad as a cut snake, I think his music is poo poo and his acting is poo poo, but I like hearing him talk about stuff.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I like Rollins as a dude. He's mad as a cut snake, I think his music is poo poo and his acting is poo poo, but I like hearing him talk about stuff.

I feel the same way. He seems like an incredibly genuine, forthright person, he's thoughtful and he has convictions and he's been through some poo poo and lived to tell about it. He also seems to be like... how do I put this. Really well-mannered? Polite. He doesn't interrupt people in an interview. Like he acts like a gentleman, and I don't mean that in some old timey paternalistic way, he just strikes me as someone who is really respectful to the people around him.

I can't listen to black flagg at all.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Rollins also voiced a season villain in Legend of Korra and did a pretty decent job.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
He's fun in Batman Beyond.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Rollins' old school stuff like some Flag stuff, early Rollins Band albums, Get in the Van, and early spoken word was really awesome. Past that he mellowed a lot with age but perhaps got funnier.

Never could act for poo poo but whatever, he is legit.

I met him in Austin a long time ago and saw Rollins Band perform in Germany.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Liar on Beavis and Butthead is my Henry Rollins memory

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

Liar on Beavis and Butthead is my Henry Rollins memory

Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM7oxuOLIiw
beavis saying "liar, liarrrrr" the way he says fire lmao

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

LeeMajors posted:

"Standard issue street soldier!"

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Skwirl posted:

oh my god I never realized

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leperflesh posted:

I feel the same way. He seems like an incredibly genuine, forthright person, he's thoughtful and he has convictions and he's been through some poo poo and lived to tell about it. He also seems to be like... how do I put this. Really well-mannered? Polite. He doesn't interrupt people in an interview. Like he acts like a gentleman, and I don't mean that in some old timey paternalistic way, he just strikes me as someone who is really respectful to the people around him.

I can't listen to black flagg at all.

There's a fun video of Rollins and Nick Cave, circa like 1994, absolutely shithoused together, and it's utterly amazing.

In one of my interviews with Cave, he said he had absolutely no recollection of that, because he was so strung out on heroin.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

which was just an extended reference to his role in Johnny Mnemonic

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Judges and commissioners for dependency court usually rotate out every 1-2 years and this year we've got two new judges on rotation. One of them requested that we email each order and motion for every child individually (ie: splitting everything out for each child instead of combining everything unless we're making a child specific motion) at the beginning. Within the week she's changed her mind because no judge wants to read 10-20 individual documents of varying page lengths multiplyed by the number kids per case and she got hit with emergency motions on cases with 4 and 7 kids respectively. It was a small "hey, we told you so" win.

Also my friend's husband sold is broke as hell Tesla for over $10k yesterday even after they listed out all the insane issues with that piece of poo poo car. According to her people were even getting aggressive about claiming it and then getting super mad it was sold even after they'd offered absured amounts of money for a car with a battery that only keeps 20-30% charge and has both leaky windows and a leaky trunk plus a lovely broken charger.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Additional book thoughts:

bobjr posted:

Stephen King’s newest book Fairy Tale is pretty good too

If you liked Fairy Tale, "The Talisman" and Black House which he allegedly co-wrote with Peter Straub but as far as I can tell they're just Stephen King books and they're nearly identical in concept to what happens in FT. After a couple years of lockdown, I've read (or re-read) almost everything Stephen King has written in the past 36 months... The Stand and Bag of Bones are two standouts, if you've never read his catalogue.

The Aubrey-Maturin series peaked when Jack debauched Stephen's sloth.

If you enjoyed The Wolf of Wall Street, there's a couple of Jordan Belfort memoirs that are remarkably similar to the tone/voice of the movie.

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm sure you've read it already, but The Martian is still one of my favorite reads from the last few years.
And if you've read that then you've probably read Project Hail Mary, but if you haven't it is one of my favorite books in the last couple decades and something that about 10 people I've recommended it to loved.

If you like that sort of lighthearted sci-fi, the Bobiverse series by Dennis E Taylor is pretty fun, and like Project Hail Mary, is read by Ray Porter.

The Game of Thrones series is markedly more 'readable' via Audiobook IMHO. I'm currently on the 4th book after bouncing off reading the first book physically a couple of times due to it reading like the script from Season 1 of the show.
The Tolkien books are also made considerably less dry in Audiobook versions.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Leperflesh posted:

The death of the small truck in the US is really sad. It basically came down to pricing I think, the automakers could sell a midsized for $10k+ more and it cost like $2k more to build because some extra frame and bodywork and maybe a slightly larger diff was the only real cost. Plus the truck-buying public really seemed to prefer being sold on raaagh BIG TRUCK vs. practicality and convenience.

The S10 was replaced with the Colorado which started off bigger to meet impact standards and just bloated from there as consumer tastes did.

I loved my S10 too (first car ever), but they fold like origami in a crash. They were bad in a crash even by the standards of the time.

Oh god was that Iron Duke engine trash too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lady Radia posted:

He's also the main bad guy in season 3 of Avatar: Legend of Korra

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

Haha had to look it up and yeah its so perfect. I wish that character had spun off (not as big) in a way like Harley Quinn.

Also, he was really good as Zaheer, maybe voice acting is his better fit.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

I hate my job so much

I’m sorry friend, few things are shittier than a lovely job. 40+ hours a week loving doing lovely poo poo.

We love you, comrade :)

Any possibility of a job switch? I know you’ve stated before the situation with the economics and stuff.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’d never hit a woman generally, Chloe.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Saw Rollins do spoken word stuff twice while I was in school. Somehow, Iowa State managed to get some pretty sweet speakers to come through while I was there.

Rollins is great when he gets to rant. It’s like a two hour stream of consciousness. Dude barely even stops to take a drink and it’s not stop funny and smart.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1617518566953349120

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1570845653017960449

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Also my friend's husband sold is broke as hell Tesla for over $10k yesterday even after they listed out all the insane issues with that piece of poo poo car. According to her people were even getting aggressive about claiming it and then getting super mad it was sold even after they'd offered absured amounts of money for a car with a battery that only keeps 20-30% charge and has both leaky windows and a leaky trunk plus a lovely broken charger.

It's probably got more than $10k worth of parts just in terms of interior trim and seats and stuff, nevermind all the other expensive bits. I'd bet that a tesla that's been wrapped around a tree (but somehow magically not caught fire and burnt to a crisp) has more than 10k of salvage value.

If the only problem with that one is it needs a new battery and some window seals and a trunk seal, it'll probably get fixed up for $10k and then sold for $30k+.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Someone mentioned Heat so I had to watch it and

https://youtube.com/watch?v=k9hFRw5jeRQ&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Hank Azaria's :psyduck: reaction is pure and authentic. It's what helps sell the scene.

Speaking of reading, Heat 2: A Novel is out and I'm tempted to pick it up.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

And people will suffer in the interim.

Remember, it's only indoctrination if you don't agree with the belief being taught.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Directly related to this, for those wondering

https://www.flgov.com/2022/03/25/governor-ron-desantis-signs-bill-that-requires-curriculum-transparency/

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Hard-hitting trustworthy analysis at popular dot info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/stlouisfed/status/1617266021810724866

lol the graph crimes here