Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Everett False posted:

I bought this pillow and immediately after seeing it my stepdad also bought a pillow.

lmao what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Got a camera. Now I just need to pick up some film at some point in the next few weeks while it makes its way here from Japan.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Emily Spinach posted:

Got a camera. Now I just need to pick up some film at some point in the next few weeks while it makes its way here from Japan.

Fantastic purchase, the original Pen-EE is an amazing camera that punches way above it's weight as a half frame point and shoot.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

No I mean the little plastic doll

i'm making a joke about the plastic pop figure vs the historical coins. the fact that its commemorating 2pac makes it better/worse \/

They gave him the wrong rapper, it was supposed to be 50 Cent

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Megabound posted:

Fantastic purchase, the original Pen-EE is an amazing camera that punches way above it's weight as a half frame point and shoot.

Yeah, I'm excited to get it, although this is actually an EE-2. I also almost ended up with two because I put in two different offers on eBay, but the second seller didn't take it.

My last film camera was a Pentax that I gave to my brother after I realized I didn't have the energy for anything more than P&S, and that was before I had kids.

Edit: also very nice shot there.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Everett False posted:

I bought this pillow and immediately after seeing it my stepdad also bought a pillow.

What make and model is this?

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Armauk posted:

What make and model is this?

It's a MedCline Reflux Relief wedge. I actually bought the ~Reflux Relief System~ which comes with a bigass weird looking body pillow. The one for shoulders has a less steep incline on the wedge because it's not trying to keep your stomach acid where it belongs.

I wouldn't bother mentioning the brand name except they're the only one who makes this. Why no one has yet made a cheaper version of 'bed wedge with an arm hole', I have no idea. Or maybe they do and I'm bad at googling.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I like their website, you can just keep putting 9's in

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Regarding the Dremel conversation, I did some more research, and I've narrowed my choices to the Dremel 200 and Dremel 4000. Why the 200? This is my first Dremel, and it seemed like a good starter. Why the 4000? I like the variable speed, the case, and the potential to not need another Dremel for a long, long time.

Everett False posted:

It's a MedCline Reflux Relief wedge.

Thank you!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I always prefer to buy a tool once, which often means I’ll overspend on it.

Looks like the 4000 is still pretty cheap and comes with a lot more. That’s where I’d put my money. Also, a good pair of safety glasses. And a second good pair of safety glasses so you don’t just say “gently caress it, I’ll squint” when you can’t find the first pair of safety glasses.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Re: Dremels:

This may have changed in the last few twelve years jfc, but my first cordless model (8000) didn't have though torque to cut through much of anything, really. It worked fine for sanding and polishing and that was about it. I had to get a corded (4000) if I wanted to cut even something as thin as wire shelving.

But again, it's been a long minute since I tried a cordless version.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Lamech posted:

I like their website, you can just keep putting 9's in

See if you can get a buffer overflow or something and pay negative dollars.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Warbird posted:

See if you can get a buffer overflow or something and pay negative dollars.

I’m rich!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I always prefer to buy a tool once, which often means I’ll overspend on it.

Big same.

I own a house so having a healthy compliment of tools is great, even if I'm not much more handy than installing sinks and other light work.

I've been slowly growing a collection of DeWalt battery tools and don't regret it one bit. Even the hedge trimmer does a great job.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Lamech posted:

I’m rich!

Well now you should order one for everybody’s favorite buddy lil’ Bobby Tables.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Trabant posted:

Re: Dremels:

This may have changed in the last few twelve years jfc, but my first cordless model (8000) didn't have though torque to cut through much of anything, really. It worked fine for sanding and polishing and that was about it. I had to get a corded (4000) if I wanted to cut even something as thin as wire shelving.

But again, it's been a long minute since I tried a cordless version.

I did the same thing and came to the exact same conclusion

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I want a pillow but I am not ready to commit to a pillow system. :smith:

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Lamech posted:

I’m rich!

If I'm not mistaken this is actually how one of the bitcoin exchanges got cleaned out.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

If I'm not mistaken this is actually how one of the bitcoin exchanges got cleaned out.

Through body pillows?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Weirdly enough, yes.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Lamech posted:

I’m rich!

A little too rich if you ask me :toughguy:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Rolo posted:

A little too rich if you ask me :toughguy:

Good news! I just found this amazing investment opportunity from an African Prince who lives up in Minnesota! Get this, he is willing to exchange $3.20 for 100 million dollars! I don't even know how many zeroes that is!

What a sucker :homebrew:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OSU_Matthew posted:

Good news! I just found this amazing investment opportunity from an African Prince who lives up in Minnesota! Get this, he is willing to exchange $3.20 for 100 million dollars! I don't even know how many zeroes that is!

What a sucker :homebrew:

What will you say when your children ask you why you didn't invest in the Iraqi dinar?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What will you say when your children ask you why you didn't invest in the Iraqi dinar?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Because I'd bought Iraqi dinars with all my money."

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You ever order something you didn't really need just to qualify for free shipping on Amazon?

It comes in two pieces and might even but a tad too large despite him being 87lbs, but he's a very lanky boy. One day when it's sunny and nice I'll try to get pics with the real camera outside.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

You ever order something you didn't really need just to qualify for free shipping on Amazon?

Yeah that's why I have a Spongebob invisible car lego set.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Aramek posted:

It comes in two pieces and might even but a tad too large despite him being 87lbs, but he's a very lanky boy. One day when it's sunny and nice I'll try to get pics with the real camera outside.

What a dapper boy. This was very, very needed.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
What a James Bond-rear end dog :kimchi:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Aramek posted:

"The name's Dog. Good Dog."

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That is a good dog, and an absolutely necessary purchase.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I bought the ability to use a public restroom in Europe :argh:

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Rolo posted:

Enjoy your paid for pooping.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rolo posted:

You bought... piss and/or poo poo?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Rolo posted:

I too have done this but at the same time I appreciate that there's almost always public restrooms around when I'm in Europe and they also don't have feces smeared on the wall like back home.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Many years ago as my family was crossing the border into Germany my Dad and I went inside the border station to use the bathroom. The guards were in a nearby room playing cards. As we exited my dad picked up some of the coins already in the dish and dropped them back in with a loud >klink!<. Then he waved to the guards and we fled back to our car.

And that's the story of how I almost wound up in a German Kindergefängnis because my dad wanted to outsmart the Pee Police.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

Many years ago as my family was crossing the border into Germany my Dad and I went inside the border station to use the bathroom. The guards were in a nearby room playing cards. As we exited my dad picked up some of the coins already in the dish and dropped them back in with a loud >klink!<. Then he waved to the guards and we fled back to our car.

And that's the story of how I almost wound up in a German Kindergefängnis because my dad wanted to outsmart the Pee Police.

I was in Germany and on the Autobahn for the first time, driving with a German friend, and had to stop for gasoline so I stopped for gasoline and while I was pumping gas into my Opel I saw a guy on the next pump get out of his Mercedes-Benz, drop trou, and shove a pump pistol up is arse. I wasn't quite certain what was happening so I asked my friend: "Ist... ist das normal?" but I guess the pump-in-bum guy heard me because he beamed at me and shouted: "Nein, ist Super!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a 2-kg bucket of sweets from Tokmanni to refill my vase'o'candy at work.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I was in Germany and on the Autobahn for the first time, driving with a German friend, and had to stop for gasoline so I stopped for gasoline and while I was pumping gas into my Opel I saw a guy on the next pump get out of his Mercedes-Benz, drop trou, and shove a pump pistol up is arse. I wasn't quite certain what was happening so I asked my friend: "Ist... ist das normal?" but I guess the pump-in-bum guy heard me because he beamed at me and shouted: "Nein, ist Super!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Aramek posted:

While it may be possible, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND not disassembling your dog. Sure they are easier to store and transport in 2 pieces, but it’s just not worth it.