Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Sandwolf posted:

Is there any guarantee about when you get a S4 card? I feel like I read somewhere something like 40 boxes but I’m at CL1150 or so and I’ve never gotten any S4 yet. does the pity system for S4 cards only start once you get to reserves?

Don’t you worry M’Baku will soon be jumping out of a cache and into your library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Game can be poetic sometimes. Just got trounced by a guy playing Luke Cage/Hazmat etc.

Next game I queued up against him again. First location was Weirdworld (replace deck with random cards). I proceeded to draw Luke Cage then Hazmat myself and get some sweet sweet revenge (including him Leadering my Hazmat for double debuffs)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://marvelsnapzone.com/cache-drop-rates-and-contents/

"Series 4 cards are guaranteed in 40 caches – maximum of 79 in between cards."
And that's for both Collector's Reserves and Collector's Caches. Note that it is very possible to get two series 4 cards not that far removed from one another. There were 7 boxes in between the time I got Titania and when I got M'Baku. That just means I have to wait a while before I get the third series 4 from a box, maybe very close to the maximum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just had a match where I played Green Goblin on him, then Wave into Galactus, and Hobgoblin on Turn 6, but he played Odin and sent both back to me since I had priority. I can't even be mad about that one that's just funny

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mierenneuker posted:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/cache-drop-rates-and-contents/

"Series 4 cards are guaranteed in 40 caches – maximum of 79 in between cards."
And that's for both Collector's Reserves and Collector's Caches. Note that it is very possible to get two series 4 cards not that far removed from one another. There were 7 boxes in between the time I got Titania and when I got M'Baku. That just means I have to wait a while before I get the third series 4 from a box, maybe very close to the maximum.

Does this take into the 1 in 2 caches giving you a card, 1 in 4 reserves giving you a card? Like is it 40 flat caches/reserves or is it 40 caches/reserves that give you cards?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Opopanax posted:

Just had a match where I played Green Goblin on him, then Wave into Galactus, and Hobgoblin on Turn 6, but he played Odin and sent both back to me since I had priority. I can't even be mad about that one that's just funny

Yeah, when someone pulls an extremely smart play on me, it's one of those "you know what, you absolutely deserve every one of these cubes you're getting."

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Got an early Darkhawk from the Gold Caches, wonder what good he can be used with, Maximus maybe?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pixeltendo posted:

Got an early Darkhawk from the Gold Caches, wonder what good he can be used with, Maximus maybe?

Zabu, Rock Slide, alternatively, anything

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Pixeltendo posted:

He's based on cards in their deck, so Maximus is anti-synergy. You want things that prevent them drawing cards (Widow) or add poo poo to their deck (Rockslide, Korg etc).

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Pixeltendo posted:

Grats on pulling one of the best S5 cards in the game! Here are a couple of list examples,

Basically, it's Zabu plus the Darkhawk shell (Korg, Mystique, Rockslide) and then whatever else you want to round out the deck with. Either way the Zabu Darkhawk decks are some of the strongest in the game right now.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So it would make sense to hold off on opening reserves until the 31st if one wanted a newly demoted (to pool 3) card right?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kaddish posted:

So it would make sense to hold off on opening reserves until the 31st if one wanted a newly demoted (to pool 3) card right?

Nah, you'll just open them in your next ~12'ish reserves once they demote.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Speaking of upcoming cards, I hope,

Black Knight (1/2): When this is destroyed, draw a card.

doesn't release with those stats. Even as a 1/0 I think it might be the best 1-drop in the game. Thinning your deck to 11 cards if you're able to do something as trivial as killing a 1-drop is insane.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

Nah, you'll just open them in your next ~12'ish reserves once they demote.

It makes sense to hold if you want other Pool 4s, because I don't want to use a Pool 4 pull on a card that will P3 in a week.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

Speaking of upcoming cards, I hope,

Black Knight (1/2): When this is destroyed, draw a card.

doesn't release with those stats. Even as a 1/0 I think it might be the best 1-drop in the game. Thinning your deck to 11 cards if you're able to do something as trivial as killing a 1-drop is insane.

It seems strong but you basically have to slot in a destroy package with Carnage or something right? It's not every deck can afford to do that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I keep having these rage inducing matches against people using Leech and Professor X and Debrii to gently caress me over. It's just such a poo poo way to play and I want to know their deck so I can use it too.

I just had someone drop Gambit on Bar Sinister and try to wipe half my board. Still beat him but it took forever to get through the animations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

WarpedLichen posted:

It seems strong but you basically have to slot in a destroy package with Carnage or something right? It's not every deck can afford to do that.

If he stays a 1/2 I don't think so. Nova was the 1-drop of choice in any deck running KIllmonger before his nerf and I think Black Knight's ability is even stronger.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Grats on pulling one of the best S5 cards in the game! Here are a couple of list examples,

Basically, it's Zabu plus the Darkhawk shell (Korg, Mystique, Rockslide) and then whatever else you want to round out the deck with. Either way the Zabu Darkhawk decks are some of the strongest in the game right now.

Ooh thanks for the suggestions! Ive got enough tokens for one series 3 card, so I'll see if there's a black widow around to complete the set

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Skippy McPants posted:

If he stays a 1/2 I don't think so. Nova was the 1-drop of choice in any deck running KIllmonger before his nerf and I think Black Knight's ability is even stronger.

Yeah, a good nerf here would be to make him a 2-cost - much harder to deliberately destroy.

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

JackDarko posted:

Don’t you worry M’Baku will soon be jumping out of a cache and into your library.

Exactly what happened to me on Saturday. (Whatever. He fits the theme for my Wakanda deck.)

Someone played a Patriot+Ultra on me today and I was like, "huh. Dunno why I never thought of that." A few hours later I'm now like, "huh. Why'd I ignore Ultron for so long? He's come in handy more than a few times."

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've done it. The greatest deck in Snap history.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
At least I could guess what those are. The Sera pixel variant is just garbage.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Sandwolf posted:

Is there any guarantee about when you get a S4 card? I feel like I read somewhere something like 40 boxes but I’m at CL1150 or so and I’ve never gotten any S4 yet. does the pity system for S4 cards only start once you get to reserves?

Yes, I think so.

If I can trust my spreadsheet, you should get your first S4 card at the very latest from the reserve at CL 1474.

At 1150 you're at 13 btw.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

From a few pages back but

Maneck posted:

What's your deck?

To be honest, not fond of The Thing (costs a lot and is not that much bigger a body than Cyclops and isn't affected by Surfer) and of Blue Marvel (+1, even +2 to all with Mystique, is just too expensive at this point...but in crowded boards, he can still do work), but I don't have Ultron which I think should be an auto include. This game still wins a lot and I climbed from 49 to 58 over the span of playing quite a bit in one day, with some big 8 cube wins from snapping early. Half considering swapping them out for Magik and...I guess America Chavez, to try and draw into combo pieces.

Most important is identifying how to organise your board if you're not sure which win condition you are going to draw into, if any. For instance, on turn 5 I might just solo drop a Wong on the off chance that I can Mystique Surfer next turn. Or maybe I decide to put down Cyclops over The Thing on 4, because I have Surfer in hand.

On the flipside, I can also tell quickly sometimes that I can't win, so I retreat early a lot.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Been seeing lots of red t-rex avatars, turns out its "The Devil Dinosaur"

Did some research on whatever that is, and.. wow. Do these devs have the first clue what THE DEVIL represents?

Not a good look, Brode.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Push El Burrito posted:

At least I could guess what those are. The Sera pixel variant is just garbage.

I'm convinced that the pixel arts were an in-company challenge to make the worst one. I have Vulture's pixel variant and it is absolute garbage lit ablaze.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with discard Hela/Ghost Rider decks. Playing Sera Surfer mostly, but I have just as much trouble while playing other decks.

Is there a way to out-play these decks or are you just completely hosed unless they draw poorly / get unlucky with discards? Sometimes I can just outmuscle them with Surfer but far more often they'll drop 30+ power on the last turn (or sometime even earlier) and just completely overwhelm me.

The most common scenario I run into is usually Sif into Ghost Rider to drop Infinaut, Giganto or some other 12-power BS. And since Sif and GR are still fairly well statted cards, they're not even making much of a sacrifice to do it. That would be bad enough, but then there's Dracula as well, who can pretty easily be gamed to drop a 9+ drop after the game ends as well.

At this point I think I'd be +EV if I just surrendered as soon a I saw a discard card. Especially salty since I still haven't drawn Dracula or Hela at 2300 rating.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Based on my experience maining a surfer deck, yea unless they draw like poo poo, accidentally discard GR AND Hela or you have a location to add cards in their hand and/or run Maximus and luck out with forcing cards they don’t want in hand, that matchup is completely unfavored

If they snap at any point I’m out but if not I stick with it just in case one of those things worked

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 24, 2023

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Vulpes posted:

I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with discard Hela/Ghost Rider decks. Playing Sera Surfer mostly, but I have just as much trouble while playing other decks.

Is there a way to out-play these decks or are you just completely hosed unless they draw poorly / get unlucky with discards? Sometimes I can just outmuscle them with Surfer but far more often they'll drop 30+ power on the last turn (or sometime even earlier) and just completely overwhelm me.

The most common scenario I run into is usually Sif into Ghost Rider to drop Infinaut, Giganto or some other 12-power BS. And since Sif and GR are still fairly well statted cards, they're not even making much of a sacrifice to do it. That would be bad enough, but then there's Dracula as well, who can pretty easily be gamed to drop a 9+ drop after the game ends as well.

At this point I think I'd be +EV if I just surrendered as soon a I saw a discard card. Especially salty since I still haven't drawn Dracula or Hela at 2300 rating.

Just rage quit and make whine posts here like I do. Seriously though I think discard/Dracula decks are the best at the moment if you don't have any of the pool 4/5 cards. Best I've seen is with Zabu, Jubilee and invisible women. Put hell cow then Hela or Ghost Rider behind an Invisible Women to back load all your discards.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Artelier posted:

To be honest, not fond of The Thing (costs a lot and is not that much bigger a body than Cyclops and isn't affected by Surfer) and of Blue Marvel (+1, even +2 to all with Mystique, is just too expensive at this point...but in crowded boards, he can still do work)

I ran a similar patriot/surfer deck with Zabu and The Thing was pretty good there. You don't need to stuff your deck with 4's for Zabu to be good. It's enough he enables crazy Wong turn 6's, cheap Things, and it costs 3.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ugh the new quests require discard. I don't have Dracula or Hela but I guess I can throw together some random discard poo poo to get the quest done.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Somehow I ran into two Patriot/Ultron decks in a row. I don't think I've seen even one other one before tonight that I've faced. I do have one myself.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I have been playing discard with invisible woman, hela, ghost rider, etc with big cards and find it’s often pretty difficult to get it to fire right. It’s real easy to either discard key cards if you don’t pull invisible woman or just not draw cards you need when you need them. I also don’t have hell cow or Dracula though.

Here’s the list:

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Blade
# (2) Morbius
# (2) Invisible Woman
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (6) Hela
# (6) Magneto
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhZGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vcmJpdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN3YXJtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMYWR5U2lmIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb2xsZWVuV2luZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW52aXNpYmxlV29tYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhlbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHaG9zdFJpZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTd29yZE1hc3RlciJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I also run a slightly different list with gambit. Anyway, doesn’t seem super powerful to me, interesting to hear complaints playing against it.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 24, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hela just popped up in my shop and I had the 1000 tokens ready to go!

Trying out this deck

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Hellcow
# (6) Hela
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXBvY2FseXBzZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGFkeVNpZiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RSaWRlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVsbGNvdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9yYml1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb2xsZWVuV2luZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3dhcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It’s tough going though. I swear it seems like opponents always have the counter cards lined up whereas whenever I see a wong or 9 power card I never have a rogue/enchantress/shang chi handy even if they’re in my deck!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Welp, time for my weekly bad tilt. Nothing's working for me and I keep getting the worst turn 6 beats. Time to put this poo poo away for a while.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Oh hey I'll put together a discard deck been wanting to try one anyw DISTRICT X

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So...I don't remember the exact sequence of events (please give us a history!!) but basically:

Opponent had two cards discarded, Gambit and Hela. Turn five of course, Ghost Rider, which got back Gambit, which discarded a card, and Hela, who came back, and played I believe Hell Cow, which discarded more cards, which she revived, which discarded more cards, which she revived, so on and so until it triggered the Cyclops that they copied from the location earlier.

TengenNewsEditor posted:

I ran a similar patriot/surfer deck with Zabu and The Thing was pretty good there. You don't need to stuff your deck with 4's for Zabu to be good. It's enough he enables crazy Wong turn 6's, cheap Things, and it costs 3.

Nice! I'll probably spring for the pass soon-ish, since I do think Zabu's great. If I were to get him, I'll just replace Blue Marvel with Zabu and run the deck as is. Thanks!!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Vulpes posted:

Few decks high-roll as hard as Hela Discard, and they're going to blow out most games whenever they hit the nuts. The things to watch for are which cards they Discard. Assume anything that exits their hand might hit the board and play accordingly. As Sera Surfer, the only real counterplay you've got is Cosmo. Using him to screw even one of their On Reveals can be deadly. You can also use a Turn 6 Max to mess their Dracula less reliable.

Really though, Sera Surfer is a very mid-range deck. You have a lot of decent stat lines and good utility, but the deck is not a points engine. Basically, any time a big points deck snaps on you after T3, it's time to retreat unless you know you've got a way to gently caress with their combo. Stuff like Cosmo or Juggs with priority on a Wong lane.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 24, 2023

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Artelier posted:

To be honest, not fond of The Thing (costs a lot and is not that much bigger a body than Cyclops and isn't affected by Surfer) and of Blue Marvel (+1, even +2 to all with Mystique, is just too expensive at this point...but in crowded boards, he can still do work), but I don't have Ultron which I think should be an auto include. This game still wins a lot and I climbed from 49 to 58 over the span of playing quite a bit in one day, with some big 8 cube wins from snapping early. Half considering swapping them out for Magik and...I guess America Chavez, to try and draw into combo pieces.

Most important is identifying how to organise your board if you're not sure which win condition you are going to draw into, if any. For instance, on turn 5 I might just solo drop a Wong on the off chance that I can Mystique Surfer next turn. Or maybe I decide to put down Cyclops over The Thing on 4, because I have Surfer in hand.

On the flipside, I can also tell quickly sometimes that I can't win, so I retreat early a lot.

Thanks. Looks like a wild ride. I'll give it a spin once I get Mystique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, I finally updated my discard deck with Helockjaw, and have been having decent results so far for the 10 discards Season Pass challenge. But, more importantly, you go to hell Leech, you go to hell and die.