Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

DRINK ME posted:

Thanks all. Good suggestions but apart from 28 weeks later I don’t think they’re what I was thinking about. It’s British so I don’t think it was 28 weeks later but all I really recall of that movie is thinking it wasn’t as good as the first one.

The more I search the more I’m starting to think that I saw the siege, forgot it and now I’m thinking about the same movie I just saw and getting confused.

Bushwick is from a few years ago and is about NY as a war zone due to some kind of domestic uprising/civil war. I think it’s mores action oriented than what you are describing, though I haven’t seen it. Mostly remember it because it had an Aesop Rock produced score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sigher posted:

So there was a recent-ish horror film where someone's facing towards the camera, or off to the side and behind them is another character in the distance listening but off in the distance and out of focus. The closer character isn't looking at them and is just talking for a good while, but the person in the background slowly starts morphing into the demon/entity/whatever-it-was or "changing" in a way that's so subtle you might 2nd guess yourself. However, they morph back before the camera focuses in or cuts to another angle.

This shot was really well done and I'm not even sure that what I saw is what happened but I can't for the life of me remember anything other than this scene.

Probably too recent but maybe it was in a trailer or something, but I'm watching The Last of Us and they do this about halfway through the first episode

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Woody Allen movie where he (or a surrogate protagonist) takes off the woman he's with's earrings before they're about to make love or something. Can't remember which of his films this is from, but I'm pretty sure it happens in one of them.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Hannibal Rex posted:

V definitely had the "I want to see it" line. It also were two infants, the lizard one was stillborn.

I think the dream sequence in Cronenberg's The Fly had a similar vibe.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Here´s something that i once heard:
"This is all like a french movie. In which everyone wears motorcycle helmets. And everything is tinted blue."
Were they talking about Diva?

discount cathouse fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jan 24, 2023

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

idk about the blue tint, but was it perhaps mr. freedom?
french, has helmets.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

discount cathouse posted:

"This is all like a french movie. In which everyone wears motorcycle helmets. And everything is tinted blue."

I'm sure if I think long enough I can come up with dozens of wrong fits to this great prompt!

But for starters, I'm gonna go with 1973 Spanish-French SF flick Murder in a Blue World because it's been on my mind recently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_in_a_Blue_World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MurO0ke7dQ

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

The blue tint is more evident than the motorcycle helmets.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Trying to remember a Sinbad-type film where the evil wizard/vizier guy has his heart in a jar guarded by a giant mummified hand .

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Torquemada posted:

Trying to remember a Sinbad-type film where the evil wizard/vizier guy has his heart in a jar guarded by a giant mummified hand .

Captain Sinbad, 1963 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Sindbad

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Quick! Thanks buddy

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I can't for the life of me find this movie, it was a horror movie that came out in the past year or two, the description was something along the lines of "a young couple are stalked by something sinister", and it kinda had an arthouse/A24 vibe (tho i dont think it was an actual A24 movie). I know it's not a lot to go on but it's driving me nuts. I never actually saw it I just remember it looking interesting now I can't find it.

EDIT: Found it, it's "When I Consume You"

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 25, 2023

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

i dunno about the blue tint, but could this possibly be Daft Punk's Electroma?

Kamaitachi
Feb 20, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Horror or suspense film where at the climax, heroine throws a broken shard of glass shuriken style and cuts the bad guys throat with it, pretty sure it was an 80’s movie.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

I remember quite a drawn-out scene in which a woman tries to get a man to extinguish a certain candle/light in his bedroom that he has vowed to never extinguish. They're about to go to bed together, and she cajoles him by saying it's the only way to prove that he loves her, etc. Eventually he does turn the light out. Undoubtedly it was a European film from before the 80s. Possibly a historical setting?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Quick, I need a list of every movie prominently featuring a Monsignor!

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Gripweed posted:

Roger Ebert apparently hated the Christopher Reeve film “Monsignor”

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gripweed posted:

Police Academy, with Monsignor Dr Larvell Jones.

He may have been making his title up

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What's the movie where a guy at his desk answers the phone by pounding his fist on to the desk, causing the receiver to roll off the cradle into his hand?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What's the movie where a guy at his desk answers the phone by pounding his fist on to the desk, causing the receiver to roll off the cradle into his hand?

Devil May Cry 3?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Never played it!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Does Jackie Chan do this in one of the Police Story films?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I don't think so...I'm envisioning a male caucasian tough-guy, like Michael Madsen maybe. White button-up shirt, might have suspenders. Quentin Tarintino esque vibe to the movie. Don't know how much, if any of that, is accurate.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Sounds like a joke they would have put in Hudson Hawk, based on the few minutes I've seen of that movie.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Pilchenstein posted:

Does Jackie Chan do this in one of the Police Story films?

He’s got some phone business in the first one but not that

https://youtu.be/JU_-0ua-B7Q

I can picture exactly what OP is referring to but unfortunately can’t place it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Cat Hatter posted:

Sounds like a joke they would have put in Hudson Hawk, based on the few minutes I've seen of that movie.

Hudson Hawk is simultaneously one of my favorite movies and also one of the worst movies ever made. It's transcendent

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

WHY BONER NOW posted:

There’s an episode of Seinfeld where Jerry does this.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Really hope somebody can get this one.

A middle eastern immigrant father who has a son, watches that son get shot and killed by police. He's not the main character - I think they're secondary characters. There is a very striking sequence where he is shouting repeatedly "esteban (out whatever the son's name was, but that rings a bell), I'm here! Esteban, I'm here!" over and over as paramedics take him away, in increasingly more desperate tones.

I remember the desperation and the repeated "I'm here" sequenc

I remember watching this on TV in the UK like...maybe a decade ago. This scene lodged in my head

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Green Wing posted:

Really hope somebody can get this one.

A middle eastern immigrant father who has a son, watches that son get shot and killed by police. He's not the main character - I think they're secondary characters. There is a very striking sequence where he is shouting repeatedly "esteban (out whatever the son's name was, but that rings a bell), I'm here! Esteban, I'm here!" over and over as paramedics take him away, in increasingly more desperate tones.

I remember the desperation and the repeated "I'm here" sequenc

I remember watching this on TV in the UK like...maybe a decade ago. This scene lodged in my head

Sounds like House of Sand and Fog

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea the son's name isn't Esteban but House of Sand and Fog is definitely it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sS-JmL40QQ

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Years ago there was a guy who came ITT every few months asking about a line like "I thought this car was cherry, boy" or something like that. Anyway I was watching Return of the Living Dead II and there's a guy who says a line close to that.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

morestuff posted:

Sounds like House of Sand and Fog

Basebf555 posted:

Yea the son's name isn't Esteban but House of Sand and Fog is definitely it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sS-JmL40QQ

Ah!! Thank you so much, surprised people got that from a half-remembered line from a scene so really pleased

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Zogo posted:

Years ago there was a guy who came ITT every few months asking about a line like "I thought this car was cherry, boy" or something like that. Anyway I was watching Return of the Living Dead II and there's a guy who says a line close to that.

I’ve seen the film he’s talking about but can’t ID it either but it isn’t that.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
i can't believe someone else has seen it. I figured dude just mixed up like 4 different movies

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Okay so. This is a movie my dad rented on dvd somewhere between 2010 and 2016. It was a "documentary" about some kind of TV project which was meant to revolutionize entertainment. Like, some VR poo poo. I put "documentary" in quotes, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't actually a real thing. What sticks out to me the most was the transition when you hit play on the DVD was a super intense thing of a dude in a tiny, dimly lit box screaming in front of a TV screen. Anyone who could help... I thank you

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ok these are probably both horror movies because they played off a compilation at a bar on Halloween and I just remembered to post this. Both were on mute but involve choreographed dance sequences at Halloween parties and are 80s as gently caress.

The first has a dude in a black suit and his buddy who is wearing a white tuxedo t-shirt. Black suit sees a babe across the room and makes eyes. White shirt keeps dancing and flirts with a girl dressed as I Dream of Jeanie who then moves and is replaced by a fat cowboy who he accidentally dances with. There’s choreographed dancing and then white shirt goes to the kitchen where hes spooked by a girl dressed as a nun.

The second has a vamp with curly hair doing a dance who is eventually joined by another lady vamp. The whole party does a choreographed dance with all the people in costumes then I think they chase somebody into a car? This may be an Elvira movie.

Thanks in advance xoxo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Green Wing posted:

Ah!! Thank you so much, surprised people got that from a half-remembered line from a scene so really pleased

Just a heads up, there's a part in The Life Aquatic where Bill Murray's character is constantly yelling for his best friend, Esteban, who was eaten by a shark. There's no "I'm here" part though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Ufjpb8UOY

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

weekly font posted:

Ok these are probably both horror movies because they played off a compilation at a bar on Halloween and I just remembered to post this. Both were on mute but involve choreographed dance sequences at Halloween parties and are 80s as gently caress.

The first has a dude in a black suit and his buddy who is wearing a white tuxedo t-shirt. Black suit sees a babe across the room and makes eyes. White shirt keeps dancing and flirts with a girl dressed as I Dream of Jeanie who then moves and is replaced by a fat cowboy who he accidentally dances with. There’s choreographed dancing and then white shirt goes to the kitchen where hes spooked by a girl dressed as a nun.

The second has a vamp with curly hair doing a dance who is eventually joined by another lady vamp. The whole party does a choreographed dance with all the people in costumes then I think they chase somebody into a car? This may be an Elvira movie.

Thanks in advance xoxo
Do you remember if the compilation had a name? I saw one at a bar and it was like “Dr Bizarro” or something f like that. Lot of 60s conical boobies in that one

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

weekly font posted:

Thanks in advance xoxo

Second one sounds like The Midnight Hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdVZXW7KA_w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

ruddiger posted:

Second one sounds like The Midnight Hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdVZXW7KA_w

100%