Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum posted:

The whole Rare situation sucks, as there's just a buncha games languishing in IP hell not doing anything or being shipped out to other companies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S--lFTxAVs8

MS first party is an absolute trashfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Jay Rust posted:

What’s the best video game with a title that starts with Star?

Star Valor and Starsector

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How's the 360 era Bionic Commando? I'm primarily looking for cool traversal. It's $2 atm.

I tried Crackdown but it doesn't emulate well. Would be great if that and the Gravity Rushes came to PC one day. Also the inFamous games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

How's the 360 era Bionic Commando? I'm primarily looking for cool traversal. It's $2 atm.

I tried Crackdown but it doesn't emulate well. Would be great if that and the Gravity Rushes came to PC one day. Also the inFamous games.

Which one? Rearmed is commonly considered a great remake of the original. 2009 was panned pretty hard at the time and its failure to sell tanked the studio, but it's one of my favorite games of that generation. If you wanna know, it has the best skill-based swinging of all time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It has decent traversal I guess but everything else is peak late 2000's Capcom.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

You can punch cars into the air and then kick them at people.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

You stuff a grenade into robo-Hitler's mouth and his head explodes all over the camera.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Your arm contains the soul of your dead wife.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You stuff a grenade into robo-Hitler's mouth and his head explodes all over the camera.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

A series tradition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sNMUNFxPbY&t=515s

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh no someone figured out how I run GOTY :negative:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Star Control 2

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

Star Force on the NES, the only non-Mario or Tetris game my mom ever played

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Everyone should play Forspoken, which Rarity is already calling

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mode 7 posted:

!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There’s a whole lot of “people are only treating Forspoken as worse than other games because it has a black female protagonist!” happening in stupider corners of the internet. Not as cringe as the dialogue in the game itself but still pretty darn cringe

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Infinitum posted:

The whole Rare situation sucks, as there's just a buncha games languishing in IP hell not doing anything or being shipped out to other companies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S--lFTxAVs8

lmao this was from 2 years ago

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They need to outsource the Blast Corps IP to someone

Cause I wanna play new Blast Corps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3msWx4nW6k

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jay Rust posted:

Star Ocean 2

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Stardew Valley

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s a whole lot of “people are only treating Forspoken as worse than other games because it has a black female protagonist!” happening in stupider corners of the internet. Not as cringe as the dialogue in the game itself but still pretty darn cringe

Tbh, there still are the usual chud spaces that are still doing that in even dumber sections of the internet

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1617471373458407427?s=20&t=-8y_qOL9R-u2eYRoF-8CSw

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Uh ok

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

If they can’t make this happen IRL when a girl takes my coffee order then it’s pretty much useless

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

the game landed at the exact moment in the zeitgeist where people have become aware of how sick of MCU style quips and dialogue they are which isn't doing it any favors

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 24, 2023

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Every video game begins with "star", when you hit the "star"t button.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

"You can look engaged during Zoom meetings"

loving sold

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Feldegast42 posted:

the game landed at the exact moment in the zeitgeist where people are becoming aware of how sick of MCU style quips and dialogue they are which isn't doing it any favors

forspoken is a small price to pay if AAA dev writers rooms are watching the reaction and binning their in-progress quipmaster scripts

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
can the eye ai make me not look tired all the time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Which one? Rearmed is commonly considered a great remake of the original. 2009 was panned pretty hard at the time and its failure to sell tanked the studio, but it's one of my favorite games of that generation. If you wanna know, it has the best skill-based swinging of all time.

2009's gameplay and soundtrack were great. Too bad about the writing. I'm still pretty sure the point was to go for 90s grimdark grungy after Rearmed's 80s action movie vibe, but they really missed the mark on it entirely. Then Square Enix murdered Grin for Final Fantasy and Fatshark was born lmao

Rearmed 2 is okay but they added jumping (I know you don't have to and there's an option for it and the maps are designed around both but still) and the rest was kind of just less fun than Rearmed 1.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

can the eye ai make me not look tired all the time

Hacking my Nvidia card to look like angry American Kirby

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also the trailers for Bionic Commando owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6-hqzneyuU

On normal you actually can play some maps to the beat to successfully get through them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lh9yBzkl8Q

I just love this one lol

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The eye AI is extremely creepy and unsettling. Constant eye contact is really off putting.

E: also the fact as soon as he covered one eye the AI stopped working is pretty lol. Sorry all you one eyed streamers!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

What is reality even

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Evil Kit posted:

The eye AI is extremely creepy and unsettling. Constant eye contact is really off putting.

:yeah:

we gotten so lost in technology that we have to create new inventions just for us to appear human (and then fail miserably at it)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Whoa we have real-life versions of Vtubers now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted: