Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Mr Interweb posted:

one thing that really pisses me off about this clown is that he has an uncanny knack to make the most mundane sound like the most apocalyptic poo poo you've ever heard of in your life. like right here, he's trying to make is sound terrifying that "BUREAUCRATS" can decide "BY FIAT", where you're "ALLOWED TO DRIVE" :ohdear:

like...yes? we have people from the government that decide where we're allowed to walk, drive, litter, etc. this has been going on since the invention of the public space. but this dipshit comes and makes it sound like zoning/traffic regulations are the concoction of some lovecraftian marx/foucalt acolyte that got a job at the dmv or something

That rear end in a top hat has never driven a Fiat in his life. An Uno goes any drat place it wants (usually nowhere, it won’t start)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
you can't just decide where to put a road that's chaos dragon poo poo

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/C_Kavanagh/status/1617783292450967552

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://twitter.com/generalslug/status/1617780748274257920?t=H1w3lW59WFmLNh0eXtAWwg&s=19

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tens of thousand of people engaging with nonsense one liners. Twitter is such garbage.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

tango alpha delta posted:

Sometimes a thing happens in real life and then I remember that I dreamt about that moment.

This happens to me too.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/thebadstats/status/1617909778482860032

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
This guy is really really boring

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

This is the perfect project for him. May it occupy him for decades.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yes, a blockchain degree you get from answering multiple choice questions is as valid as one you receive after 3 years instruction from an accredited institution.

I am one of the world's leading thinkers.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

please help I clicked on an ad and someone stole my degree

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Subjunctive posted:

This is the perfect project for him. May it occupy him for decades.

I mean we all know what's going to happen, it'll never get mentioned again outside of this clip and he'll be talking up some other harebrained scheme a few days later.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I mean we all know what's going to happen, it'll never get mentioned again outside of this clip and he'll be talking up some other harebrained scheme a few days later.

Yeah, if he couldn't figure out how to get his ReportMyProfessor website going, blockchain will be beyond him.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

is the jordie peeeps mba still going on?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Seth Green was going to get his degree in psychology, but some online bastard stole his digital ape.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Selling phd wallets on the dark web

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

I think they lost their accreditation 2 years ago.

e: The website doesn't exist anymore.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Shithouse Dave posted:

That rear end in a top hat has never driven a Fiat in his life. An Uno goes any drat place it wants (usually nowhere, it won’t start)

lmao

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

all my PhDs gone

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
PRETTY HARD DICK

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
that def reads like a polish guy trying to sound italian lol

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

kntfkr posted:

that def reads like a polish guy trying to sound italian lol

Welcome to New Jersey.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Subjunctive posted:

please help I clicked on an ad and someone stole my degree

All my degrees gone

[e] can I use a slurp juice on a degree to create a new degree?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hillary 2024 posted:

All my degrees gone

[e] can I use a slurp juice on a degree to create a new degree?

I forgot my paraphrase and now I’m not a physicist any more

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Not your keys, not your degrees.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

madeintaipei posted:

Welcome to New Jersey.

I'm already here. :(

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

what the hell does this even mean?

like...i have a vague, general understanding of blockchain, but...how would this work in regards to completing a class/degree?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr Interweb posted:

like...i have a vague, general understanding of blockchain, but...how would this work in regards to completing a class/degree?

It would not.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Mr Interweb posted:

There isn’t a single use case for blockchain that hasn’t already been solved more effectively by conventional means. I can’t see how this would be any different.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Bargearse posted:

There isn’t a single use case for blockchain that hasn’t already been solved more effectively by conventional means. I can’t see how this would be any different.

I was going to say "fleecing Seth Green". But 3 card Monty would probably work just as well.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

As mentioned, it wouldn't work at all, there's nothing about blockchain that does anything here that isn't an entirely solved problem already. I suppose his idea is that since a blockchain is theoretically an immutable ledger whose entries cannot be changed after the fact, you could write "Jordan Peterson is totally a real and valid licensed psychologist" in there and then nobody could remove that later even if he calls for phrenology-based voting rights or whatever he's up to nowadays.

Of course that instantly falls flat if you do run into a case where a license legitimately does need to be revoked for gross misconduct, or if somebody was given an incorrect license by mistake or fraud.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Perestroika posted:

Of course that instantly falls flat if you do run into a case where a license legitimately does need to be revoked for gross misconduct, or if somebody was given an incorrect license by mistake or fraud.

That sounds like cancel culture, get a grip you leftie pinko

Boys will be boys, nobody truly gets hurt

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'Blockchain' is a meaningless buzzword for computer magic.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Mr Interweb posted:

He's worried that the wokes will revoke degrees from people insufficiently liberal. Or, as usual, it's just Jorban doing this for eternity:

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

Well, he's saying he wants to create a hypothetical test that is administered and scored in a consistent, or "standard", manner. These hypothetical tests are designed in such a way that the questions and interpretations are consistent and are administered and scored in a predetermined, "standard" manner.

Also, its multiple choice and on the blockchain

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Hamburger Sandwich posted:

Well, he's saying he wants to create a hypothetical test that is administered and scored in a consistent, or "standard", manner. These hypothetical tests are designed in such a way that the questions and interpretations are consistent and are administered and scored in a predetermined, "standard" manner.

Also, its multiple choice and on the blockchain

Digital scantrons for a PhD. Take that you woke moralists.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

It's like a college/university transcript, but instead of course credits it contains how many standardized quiz questions you answered correctly. With it you can then just go to the Harvard office and they'll look up your record and say "whoa, this guy, with the SSN X got 90 out of 100 hard questions about Wehrmacht history right, let's hand him a PhD!". To decrypt your record and verify it you need a private key. If you accidentally lose it you have to do all the tests again and cram for them.

The entire thing is absolutely pointless. It's a shittier version of a college transcript. It's a complete waste of time. The idea has zero redeemable qualities.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

GABA ghoul posted:

It's like a college/university transcript, but instead of course credits it contains how many standardized quiz questions you answered correctly. With it you can then just go to the Harvard office and they'll look up your record and say "whoa, this guy, with the SSN X got 90 out of 100 hard questions about Wehrmacht history right, let's hand him a PhD!". To decrypt your record and verify it you need a private key. If you accidentally lose it you have to do all the tests again and cram for them.

The entire thing is absolutely pointless. It's a shittier version of a college transcript. It's a complete waste of time. The idea has zero redeemable qualities.

Well it does sound like a way for people who are really interested in german military history for totally unsuspicious reasons to get degrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I'm willing to bet that he has no idea what blockchain is, but the same people that get suckered in by Jordan Peterson are the same people that get suckered in by blockchain and whatever bullshit Silicon Valley falls for, and he's not above falling for it himself because it's all the same people and they massage each others' egos.

Christ, I could feel my soul die when I saw Peterson in Silicon Valley telling all these techbros how awesome they are and how much of a scientific fact that is.