Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kokoro Wish posted:

Jesus, am I going to have to leave the thread for months because some people can't help but make it completely intolerable to read again?

It's the Cyberpunk thread all over again, except this game is in a much better state than that was at release.

No please, don't go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I feel like they flubbed it a bit by exclusively talking about things that are being delayed/removed when we desperately want to hear about anything that might be down the line, even if it's not immediate. Like tell us what you're currently focusing on!

Yeah, everyone is praising the response but... all it says is that they are further delaying the awaited updates, the most uncharitable reading is it's a cover for the updates not being ready and they ran out of their stockpile of cosmetics for the shop already.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I think you need to give them some credit for very publicly acknowledging the problem areas and the statement "We will pause premium shop and work on porting the game to fix all this" is a strong statement to make in showing seriousness in fixing the game. Now they have to back it up with actions, certainly, but this is a good start.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

they ran out of their stockpile of cosmetics for the shop already.

There's literally a leak of all the shop cosmetics that haven't been released yet and there's like 20 of them.

Would I like to see more clarity from them? Yes, of course. Is this a step in the right direction, also yes.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

They need to change the loving pricing scheme too--if a full outfit was $3-5 and they showed signs they weren't gonna give up on creating content for the game i'd totally buy some. I'm not gonna spend $10 for lovely reskins for a single class, DRG charges $10 for full unique skins for every goddamn class AND weapon skins.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

lol @ the dark brooding hooded Ogryn.

Too bad I'll never unlock any of these cosmetics because I don't want to spend real money on fake clothes.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

lol it took them two months after launch to make an announcement to acknowledge the fact that they hosed up the launch

i get that people are going to react with "finally some communication" but this isn't actually anything.

:rolleyes: gamers truly are the worst

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

lol @ the dark brooding hooded Ogryn.

Too bad I'll never unlock any of these cosmetics because I don't want to spend real money on fake clothes.

But you can't pay with bitcoin??

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Arghy posted:

They need to change the loving pricing scheme too--if a full outfit was $3-5 and they showed signs they weren't gonna give up on creating content for the game i'd totally buy some. I'm not gonna spend $10 for lovely reskins for a single class, DRG charges $10 for full unique skins for every goddamn class AND weapon skins.

All the full outfit premium cosmetics aren't reskins though?????

They're also extremely cheap compared to other games. DT leans towards the DRG end of the premium item pricing end of the scale compared to a bunch of other live service games which charge you 30 USD for a shiny weapon skin.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
figured that they wouldnt just put out perk crafting, not without revamping perks as a whole yet. too many broken or ??? choices to ask people to commit their resources to finalizing perks

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

lol it took them two months after launch to make an announcement to acknowledge the fact that they hosed up the launch

i get that people are going to react with "finally some communication" but this isn't actually anything.

I mean you're right, and given Fatshark's track record it could be a prelude to another six weeks of no communication. But well, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because I'm not really in the business of trying to be right about my predictions and that's the first thing you do when someone tries to extend an olive branch. If we go another week or two with no updates, or we get a bugfix patch this week and then radio silence until march, they've violated that social contract and I'm not going to accept a mea culpa the second time around. Also I understand that my approval basically means nothing to them, they have my money, but I mean the game is going to live or die by its base right now if they expect to get micros out of people.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Arghy posted:

Don't you think that there's a difference in graphical fidelity between these two games that might explain it?

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Now that they've confirmed that the game is not live-service, that crafting will not be finished in December, that it'll be months before they action any of this, I would like to refund my money.

A two weeks window is poo poo when the developers make promises to get you to wait 2 weeks and then don't deliver afterwards.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
i got u bro https://www.change.org/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

truther posted:

Now that they've confirmed that the game is not live-service, that crafting will not be finished in December, that it'll be months before they action any of this, I would like to refund my money.

A two weeks window is poo poo when the developers make promises to get you to wait 2 weeks and then don't deliver afterwards.

Post your hours played.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

Mordja posted:

Post your hours played.

Don't do it man, it's a trap!

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

Jesus, am I going to have to leave the thread for months because some people can't help but make it completely intolerable to read again?

It's the Cyberpunk thread all over again, except this game is in a much better state than that was at release.

Lol what do you want to talk about? Strategies for the maps you can't control which you play? Or tips for the weapons when you can't control what you have? Or how to optimize them using the crafting system that isn't there? Perk/trait builds for effects we are never even sure actually work or do what they say they do? Which class to pick when there's only one per character? Or do you want to chat about the "story"?

There's nothing to say. If you've gotten a class or two to level 30 you've seen everything the game has to offer 100x over. There isn't anything to talk about except how bad it is. I would feel bad for console players but honestly they're being saved from being duped out $40 bucks so fatshark is actually doing them a solid

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
alternatively you can go ahead and ask your questions and ignore the silly control freak over here

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

skaianDestiny posted:

There's literally a leak of all the shop cosmetics that haven't been released yet and there's like 20 of them.

Would I like to see more clarity from them? Yes, of course. Is this a step in the right direction, also yes.

Make them all earnable with sane penances.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Do we even know if those are gonna be purchasable?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

The Demilich posted:

Make them all earnable with sane penances.

New ogryn armor now requires hitting 8 ogryn alongside knocking over 100 enemies in a single charge.

Psyker helmet requires you to delete your level 30 psyker.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

skaianDestiny posted:

Psyker helmet requires you to delete your level 30 psyker.
Hey man, people just used to call that "prestiging" and they ate that poo poo up.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Mordja posted:

Hey man, people just used to call that "prestiging" and they ate that poo poo up.

poo poo, I wish you could prestige in this game.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

skaianDestiny posted:

Do we even know if those are gonna be purchasable?

Hard to say - that looks exactly like the backpack that you see from time to time on poxwalkers.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

All the full outfit premium cosmetics aren't reskins though?????

They're also extremely cheap compared to other games. DT leans towards the DRG end of the premium item pricing end of the scale compared to a bunch of other live service games which charge you 30 USD for a shiny weapon skin.

Every veteran helmet is literally the same helmet with some poo poo added on. Uh i don't know if thats a good argument that they're not loving us as hard as they could be loving us. The other games wouldn't be selling 30 USD skins if they pulled the same poo poo :fatshark: does.

Tagichatn posted:

Don't you think that there's a difference in graphical fidelity between these two games that might explain it?

DRG has better cosmetics in almost every field, just because the DT cosmetics take longer to make doesn't mean they're better haha. Truly art is so much better when you hire an incompetent artist that takes 4x as long, sir might i interest you in NFT's.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
lol

darktide is a good looking ugly game because warhammer 40k is a nasty, ugly universe

drg looks like ugly lowfi poo poo. on the arc where risk of rain 2 is on the best end, drg is around the worst

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Abroham Lincoln posted:

yeah I already did put it down for weeks now, this was me coming back to check in

My condolences then :)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

toasterwarrior posted:

lol

darktide is a good looking ugly game because warhammer 40k is a nasty, ugly universe

drg looks like ugly lowfi poo poo. on the arc where risk of rain 2 is on the best end, drg is around the worst

I don't really agree with what folks have posted but uh lol if you think DRG is ugly and bad. It's great OP.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Evil Kit posted:

I don't really agree with what folks have posted but uh lol if you think DRG is ugly and bad. It's great OP.

Agreed

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

please don't diss the graphics people who created really lovely looking cosmetics just because fatshark management charged money for them. the look of all the premium skins are sweet, it's just half of them should be free and the other half life 3 to 5 dollars

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
nah I don't see what's good in masses of flat polygons and technicolor visual effects vomit but if you wanna dump 10 bucks or whatever on buying bespoke models for that poo poo I can't stop you

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

toasterwarrior posted:

nah I don't see what's good in masses of flat polygons and technicolor visual effects vomit but if you wanna dump 10 bucks or whatever on buying bespoke models for that poo poo I can't stop you

There's a difference between "I don't like this particular aesthetic or find it appealing" and "this is actively bad or looks terrible/broken/unfinished". For you clearly DRG falls in the former, the latter just isn't true.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
i just said i consider risk of rain 2 to be a fantastic execution of that style tho? sorry your game looks ugly as poo poo

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I would consider them different styles imo, so I don't really see why RoR2 is relevant. The two also have to convey vastly different types of information anyway so comparing them doesn't fit either to me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

toasterwarrior posted:

i just said i consider risk of rain 2 to be a fantastic execution of that style tho? sorry your game looks ugly as poo poo

calm down

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Took an edible and played last night and, while stabbing hundreds of devil-worshipping space men with a knife, thought about how this is definitely what people were imagining when they called video games "murder simulators" twenty years ago and it absolutely rocks

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pharmaskittle posted:

Took an edible and played last night and, while stabbing hundreds of devil-worshipping space men with a knife, thought about how this is definitely what people were imagining when they called video games "murder simulators" twenty years ago and it absolutely rocks

is it murder if it's self defense

or killing dudes infused by powers from another dimension bent on invading and destroying your own reality.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

Atoma Prime. The murder capital where they murder for capi--THIRSTING GODS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Killing in the name of (the emprah)

Looking forward to actual patch notes