Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Jordan7hm posted:

I got the easy (bad) ending of Castlevania SOTN. I looked up how to get a series of different endings, and I just don’t care enough to reload a save and keep going on something I wouldn’t have found without a guide. Roll credits is enough for me to wrap up a game.

Good game, the ending I got makes it a surprisingly short game though. I like how loopy the castle is, though I didn’t love the traversal.
That's not really an ending. It's more of a Game Over with a cutscene. If you're not digging the game then fair enough but you're not even close to the end. Killing Richter at that point is basically "with this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed" from Morrowind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The second half is really more like 20% of the game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's a pretty significant chunk of content, including a lot of character upgrades and a lot of bosses

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No new music though :mad:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm also playing SotN when I have the energy and time between newborn care, and it's a good game. I'm having a lot of fun

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you haven't really played sotn if you haven't seen the inverted castle

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I thought he was talking about just killing Richter and getting the bad ending.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
please don't spoil this game for me. we should preserve the sanctity of spoilers for...26 year old game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sorry it's just a fan nickname for when alucard's palette gets inverted after you defeat the final boss. really goofy stuff

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
that game is old enough to rent a car

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

[R]equesting spoilers for a 27 yo game

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm going to spoil The Sixth Sense in my next post as penance

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who did SotN vote for in the 2016 election?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dabir posted:

[R]equesting spoilers for a 27 yo game

You kill Shub-Niggurath by telefragging it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Who did SotN vote for in the 2016 election?

Dracula

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

I said come in! posted:

Yeah Disgaea 6 and 7 go up to 99,999,999 now.

From what we've seen, Disgaea 7 will top out at the old 9,999 level cap.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rinkles posted:

How's the 360 era Bionic Commando? I'm primarily looking for cool traversal. It's $2 atm.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Which one? Rearmed is commonly considered a great remake of the original. 2009 was panned pretty hard at the time and its failure to sell tanked the studio, but it's one of my favorite games of that generation. If you wanna know, it has the best skill-based swinging of all time.
Yeah Re-Armed is great and has great traversal, it's basically the only NES era platformer to not have a jump button, instead you ONLY have your arm.

Re-Armed 2 is console only but emulatable, it added a jump button so it's not as good.

Bionic Commando (3D) tries to do the bionic arm gimmick in 3D, but doesn't get it quite right, there's a lot of instakill radiation zones you can accidentally swing into, making it really frustrating at the start. Once you get the hang of it and get some upgrades however you can really become an unstoppable terror, swinging around Federal Hall, raining death and destruction, destroying giant mechs with a couple of well timed kicks of your iron boots, etc. Once you put in the time it does feel great and there's nothing quite like it in gaming since Spiderman doesn't use guns. But it's a bit of a slog to get there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLoio53REFM&t=346s

3D also includes the single dumbest plot twist in the history of videogames, delivered by Steve Blum himself, so it's worth getting through most of the game for that.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

that game is old enough to rent a car

Games can't rent cars. Video Games might though.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

games don't rent cars, they download them

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*3D prints a pirated car and pops a sick wheelie*

Radiohead's In Rainbows album recreated entirely with Super Mario 64 sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2JHChJpG_A

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jordan7hm posted:

I got the easy (bad) ending of Castlevania SOTN. I looked up how to get a series of different endings, and I just don’t care enough to reload a save and keep going on something I wouldn’t have found without a guide. Roll credits is enough for me to wrap up a game.

Good game, the ending I got makes it a surprisingly short game though. I like how loopy the castle is, though I didn’t love the traversal.

use... clock...

Jay Rust posted:

No new music though :mad:

Untrue.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I'm going to spoil The Sixth Sense in my next post as penance

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

use... glock....

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

OhFunny posted:

From what we've seen, Disgaea 7 will top out at the old 9,999 level cap.

Thank gently caress! I am glad to hear this. I had thought I saw in the Disgaea 6 thread that it was back to the new level cap.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Infinitum posted:

I'm glad this exists

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames avoided the bad ending in SOTN completely by accident, no one else has any excuse.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I looked up some Pathfinder character builds for Wrath of the Righteous, just to know if there's anything I should watch out for, and of course on the internet every protag is a dragon-blooded celestial lich monk sorcerer duelist. I get that people, or at least people who post about rpgs, get a lot of enjoyment out of playing as a nonsensical clown god, but it sucks for me, the lonely, indecisive gamer who likes the RP part of RPGs but also likes the G part enough to look up character builds on the internet...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

That's the rest of my evening sorted.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

What's up, rage-gamers! What are we complaining about today, eh?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

I looked up some Pathfinder character builds for Wrath of the Righteous, just to know if there's anything I should watch out for, and of course on the internet every protag is a dragon-blooded celestial lich monk sorcerer duelist. I get that people, or at least people who post about rpgs, get a lot of enjoyment out of playing as a nonsensical clown god, but it sucks for me, the lonely, indecisive gamer who likes the RP part of RPGs but also likes the G part enough to look up character builds on the internet...

4e was the only D&D where basic humans & demihumans got to do anything cool

I still played a robot though :reject:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mutata posted:

What's up, rage-gamers! What are we complaining about today, eh?

Posting

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I played as a guy with a horse, it was good

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

who the gently caress is POSTING in here

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

homeless snail posted:

I played as a guy with a horse, it was good

I'm a half orc lady who uses dual scimitars and has a triceratops that I'm waiting to get bigger so I can ride it around :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HopperUK posted:

Me :evilbuddy:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I trusted you

I thought we were friends

and now I find you are posting

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HopperUK posted:

You don't want me posting, I'll just talk about board games and music videos I think are cool

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Infinitum posted:

You don't want me posting, I'll just talk about board games and music videos I think are cool

Oh no, don't. That would make me, a mod, really mad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HopperUK posted:

I trusted you

I thought we were friends

and now I find you are posting

Bitch come to BYOB I'll show you posting :blastu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7