Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Also considering it sounds like the major incidents happened in-season last year and the victim came forward as early as summer but we're only hearing about it now, it's possible MLB slow-walked their investigation because they didn't want to potentially have to suspend a key player on a post-season bound team, or create bad optics around them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

live with fruit posted:

I am very curious as to how the White Sox didn't know about this.

The same way they hired TLR like a day after he was charged with DUI. By being loving idiots

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Reiche posted:

The same way they hired TLR like a day after he was charged with DUI. By being loving idiots

The TLR thing was even worse, because loving Reinsdorf knew about it, but didn't bother to tell Hahn or Kenny about it.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Dexo posted:

The TLR thing was even worse, because loving Reinsdorf knew about it, but didn't bother to tell Hahn or Kenny about it.

I knew Reinsdorf knew, but not that he hid it from the others. You wouldn’t happen to know of an article/write up about it do you?

I remember Hahn’s pathetic speech when announcing the hire and I could hear his soul evaporating. Now it makes so much more sense that he was blindsided to that degree

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MrMidnight posted:

And the Yankees get embarrassed year after year? Sounds like a win-win situation for all the fans.

It always come back to this. "We cheated but also gently caress you and LOL @ and the Yankees"

And astros fans wonder why they are hated......

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

Also considering it sounds like the major incidents happened in-season last year and the victim came forward as early as summer but we're only hearing about it now, it's possible MLB slow-walked their investigation because they didn't want to potentially have to suspend a key player on a post-season bound team, or create bad optics around them.
he was pretty mediocre last year and got his rear end kicked in his two postseason appearances (8 R, 8 outs, in 20 batters), the Padres might have welcomed an excuse to have him off the roster down the stretch

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 24, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/...f-my-dui-arrest

quote:

Before being hired as the White Sox's new manager in late October, Tony La Russa informed team chairman Jerry Reinsdorf in the interview process of his arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence in the Phoenix area in February 2020.

When exactly other high-ranking officials in the organization beyond Reinsdorf learned of La Russa's arrest remains unclear. Reinsdorf kept his knowledge of La Russa's arrest private from those within the White Sox organization, Bob Nightengale of USA Today reported Wednesday without specifying further timeline details.

That raised the question of whether executive vice president Kenny Williams and general manager Rick Hahn knew about the incident before La Russa was hired. The arrest didn't become public knowledge until ESPN first reported it on Nov. 9, 11 days days after La Russa was introduced.

On Wednesday, Hahn declined comment when asked whether he was aware of La Russa's arrest before the hiring, deferring to the first day of spring training for the White Sox as the topic he would prefer to discuss.

Yeah man, Reinsdorf is the loving worst.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There’s now a rumor that the Marlins will be going up for sale again this year

What guy who doesn’t have the money to buy a baseball team will buy it now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheAstrosLocker/status/1617994419495657473

This poo poo is so weird it's like "I'm told the search is down to two candidates: one who was responsible for drafting and developing all-star CF Teoscar Hernandez, Bo Bichette, and Cavan Biggio and The Clunge, who plays bass in Jeff Bagwels nu-metal cover band"

Congrats to 4-star recruit Bronny James on his accomplishment of not assaulting a woman.

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 24, 2023

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zoux posted:

Congrats to 4-star recruit Bronny James on his accomplishment of not assaulting a woman.

That we know of...

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Why would Stearns take a job working for Crane? He's not going to leave him alone.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

My first reaction was, how are the Royals giving up on Mondesi so soon? Then I realized he's on his last year of arb. :staredog:

Such an exciting player, but some guys are just made of glass.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/elliottbaseball/status/1617988799828725761

Hell yes

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

My first reaction was, how are the Royals giving up on Mondesi so soon? Then I realized he's on his last year of arb. :staredog:

Such an exciting player, but some guys are just made of glass.

He's so drat good when he's healthy.

He's never healthy.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Thanks! And also jesus wtf… I can’t imagine why they haven’t had their SoxFest since then beyond pandemic stuff

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Awesome. I was worried they were going to bin him off.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This is apparently the team’s reply to the rumor that Bruce Sherman plans to sell

https://twitter.com/craigmish/status/1617998292889243648?s=46&t=z0CvdJSzhgTLKBZh024f4A

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

There’s now a rumor that the Marlins will be going up for sale again this year

What guy who doesn’t have the money to buy a baseball team will buy it now

How easy is it to change a team's name/logo if the owner wants to?

I feel like the Marlins are so associated with being cheap and lovely I'd change the name if I bought it.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/MLBMetrics/status/1558302785417973761

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

as a bonus, the first screenshot has more Bauer corroboration

https://twitter.com/mookieplzhomer/status/1618002188009345024

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Bad feeling that this is the tip of an iceberg that the league will manage to keep submerged (or at least can’t figure out why no one would sign Bauer except to keep other worse or at least more systematic poo poo from coming out)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I think we know who's signing Bauer now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Yankees sign Bauer I'm legit never rooting for them again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You don’t even root for them now

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

zoux posted:

You don’t even root for them now

😂

The Yankees are not signing Bauer don’t worry mcmagic

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Boss would have signed Bauer.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

now every stupid thing Arte does is going to feel 10x worse. I'm just not having a good time

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

RCarr posted:

😂

The Yankees are not signing Bauer don’t worry mcmagic

I still think and hope no one in MLB is going to sign him. It would have happened by now with catchers & pitchers reporting soon.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

A Scott Rolen only HoF class with 76.3

Next was Helton at 72.2

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What a joke

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm really glad Rolen made it at least. He absolutely deserves it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How do you figure he deserves to be in the hall. Defense ?

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Scott Rolen is cool as hell, and he's going in with the Crime Dog

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Poque posted:

I'm really glad Rolen made it at least. He absolutely deserves it.

He really doesn't lol.

They have lowered the bar for HOF to basically nothing.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

A Scott Rolen only HoF class with 76.3

Next was Helton at 72.2

lol man that's sad on many levels

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

euphronius posted:

Career 122 OPS+ gold glove third baseman with 70 bWAR?

Or is this some cynical "But Bonds isn't in so" thing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I say, for everyone voted into the HoF, someone else must be voted out. Let's make it real stupid.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Arod and Manny getting under 40% lol the writers are such shitheads.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Intruder posted:

Career 122 OPS+ gold glove third baseman with 70 bWAR?

Or is this some cynical "But Bonds isn't in so" thing

I looked at his numbers to remind myself and he’s fine

If we are doing big hall he belongs I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

euphronius posted:

hates the right things