Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Get the dude who did the Bushworld Adventures to voice Rick & Morty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Good news

I wonder if Solar Opposites will just fold

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

My brain jokingly thought "Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright for replacements" and now that's all I can think about.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

normally disabling replies is cowardice but I think it's the right decision here lol

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

AndyElusive posted:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AndyElusive posted:

This. It’s the only one I ever found fully funny all the way through.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

World War Mammories posted:

normally disabling replies is cowardice but I think it's the right decision here lol

Some of those fans are gonna seethe over the new VA for the rest of the run and it's gonna be great.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Aren't they ahead writing wise of what's aired by like two seasons? Coulda sworn they were writing season 8 or 9 currently.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

AndyElusive posted:

wubba lubba redub

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Kaboobi posted:

wubba lubba redub

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

They really should just throw out what they have written and do 100% bushworld

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
The role of Rick and Morty will now be played by Ted McGinley.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Honestly, the things I don't like about R&M seem to be all Roiland's stuff so it might even get better!!!!!!!

Kaboobi posted:

wubba lubba redub

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Get Michael J Fox

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Cool that CN made the right choice. I wasn't seeing a ton of buzz or backlash about Roiland online, and it had me worried they would try and wait for things to blow over.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 25, 2023

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

they should redub the old seasons as well and NEVER, EVER mention it in any capacity

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I am deeply afraid of what this fanbase is going to do once their favorite show about the mean genius that reminds them of themselves because they think being mean is what makes you a genius is even slightly different than it used to be.

Like, they already flipped out when some women dared to have jobs on the show. And when a fast food chain didn't make enough fake Szechuan sauce.

Still the right move for AS to make, but woof. This could get ugly.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Honestly shocked AS did the right thing

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

I am deeply afraid of what this fanbase is going to do once their favorite show about the mean genius that reminds them of themselves because they think being mean is what makes you a genius is even slightly different than it used to be.

Like, they already flipped out when some women dared to have jobs on the show. And when a fast food chain didn't make enough fake Szechuan sauce.

I take it as a pretty good sign that the R&M Reddit is reacting to the news by joking and speculating about possible replacements. Very few people seem interested in going to bat for Roiland.

Like, I think they'll need to find a good replacement to keep the more rabid fans happy, but nobody seems to give much of a poo poo about Roiland.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LividLiquid posted:

I doubt it.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
aw jeez!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Rick and Morty will now be voiced by Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

This is what should happen and I wouldn't be that surprised if it did

https://twitter.com/ChiChiTheBun/status/1618015115596681217

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anyone else think the bush world guy should do ricks voice?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
TVIV=> Rick and Morty: wubba lubba redub

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Now I wonder how long it will take before Roiland joins the right-wing chudverse. I mean, it's inevitable that it will happen, they'll totally embrace him and the Daily Wire will give him a cartoon or something. But what's the over-under on time?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Last Chance posted:

yes actually, i think that would be lovely

might have to change the tone of the show to be more bushworldy, to suit his energy, but that's for the best anyway

even if i don't like whoever they recast him with i can't say that i'll be sad. better a bad recast than keeping roiland in power and ignoring his poo poo. real "and nothing of value was lost" situation

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
holy poo poo it's going to be Bill Cosby and Alec Baldwin :yikes:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Gilbert Gottfried is dead right?

Seems like the obvious replacement for a guy who makes all his characters as annoying as possible

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Gilbert Gottfried is dead right?

Seems like the obvious replacement for a guy who makes all his characters as annoying as possible

unfortunately, yes.

He was a guy who truly did have a separate personality from his comedic persona. I met him in person a few years ago, and he was incredibly sweet and grateful when out of character.

ashpanash posted:

Now I wonder how long it will take before Roiland joins the right-wing chudverse. I mean, it's inevitable that it will happen, they'll totally embrace him and the Daily Wire will give him a cartoon or something. But what's the over-under on time?

This is absolutely what will happen.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Actually I don't think Michael Cusack would want to do it. He and Roiland are good friends I'm pretty sure, and are even making that Koala Man show together. So that would make it weird

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The ties have already been cut. If Roiland had any shred of decency he’d be okay with it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll do it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

hatty posted:

I’ll do it

Alright.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I would expect disney to follow suit on the other stuff he's involved with for hulu

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Last Chance posted:

Nah I’d prefer if Michael Cusack did it, although it doesn’t seem like a popular choice

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Happy Landfill posted:

TVIV=> Rick and Morty: wubba lubba redub

Mods? No, for real, mods?

hatty posted:

Get Michael J Fox

Casting my vote for Mark Hamill.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
All the chuds I work with, and it's a lot, instantly turned on Roiland like everyone else once the clear cut pedo stuff hit their echo chamber

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They could honestly just hire a company to do a deepfake Rick and Marty voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm really struggling to see how this show will continue without Roiland but I guess it's too big of a moneymaker for the network to completely pull the plug