Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

With him gone Rick and Morty will probably tank, and then we can get that twenty season order for Venture Brothers to secure mine, my children and my grandchildren in hilarity for decades to come.

They are working on Rick and Morty season 7 and have already green lit seasons 8, 9, and 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Also Venture Brothers wasn't that funny.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gripweed posted:

They are working on Rick and Morty season 7 and have already green lit seasons 8, 9, and 10.

oh loving boy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Vinyl was ordered with 2 seasons, after this season tanks it will all be in the hands of Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm somehow underleveled in Nier. I'm level 44 and the enemies are like 55. I'm not sure how this has happened, I've been doing sidequests.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

You didn't get it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Venture Bro's and Xavier Renegade Angel are the foundation of both my humor, and my philosophical thought.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Venture Bros got better and better every season, think it's the only show I can think of where that's the case. Maybe more shows should take years between seasons to really get it right.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

Vinyl was ordered with 2 seasons, after this season tanks it will all be in the hands of Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer

Rick and Morty will go on forever, like Simpsons and Family Guy. It's not like Roiland is even difficult to replace, there are tons of people who can do dead on Rick and Morty voices.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvvk_rwbLA

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

Venture Bro's and Xavier Renegade Angel are the foundation of both my humor, and my philosophical thought.

Xavier Renegade Angel was extremely good.

I did have a moment where I was like, wait no Venture Brothers was better than I thought, it had parts like- but then realized I was thinking of Frisky Dingo.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

also his mass effect review

He didn't know you could level up or something, is that right?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Xavier Renegade Angel was extremely good.

I did have a moment where I was like, wait no Venture Brothers was better than I thought, it had parts like- but then realized I was thinking of Frisky Dingo.

I don't get frisky dingo, gimme some Sealab over that nonsense.

Speaking on that, why is it that Captain Murphy's Duality is not on spotify, need that in my life.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i think they did a bunch of illegal sampling so you wont find it on the narc websites

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law was the best imo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Birdman is great, and the Scooby Doo episode is a classic, but it still loses to the VB episode with Velma as Valerie Solanas.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiSfL5V2QMs
i remembered scooby gang showing up but didnt get the reference till now

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 25, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gaius Marius posted:

Birdman is great, and the Scooby Doo episode is a classic, but it still loses to the VB episode with Velma as Valerie Solanas.

no not really

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

verbal enema posted:

no not really

yeah, the Venture Brothers Scooby Doo parody was pretty one note. It didn't even do the whole, "what if these guys grew up to be failures?" thing that's the premise of the whole show, just picked some hosed up people from the past and pasted Scooby characters on them.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Gripweed posted:

Reported so loving hard you hab no idea

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

yeah, the Venture Brothers Scooby Doo parody was pretty one note. It didn't even do the whole, "what if these guys grew up to be failures?" thing that's the premise of the whole show, just picked some hosed up people from the past and pasted Scooby characters on them.

Gaius Marius posted:

You didn't get it

Thank you for confirming for the records

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Best episode is Escape to the House of Mummies (Part 2)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

Thank you for confirming for the records

How was that ever in question? I don't think it's that great. It was a good show which I enjoyed before I stopped caring during one of their two year hiatuses, but I never saw it as the exemplar of animated storytelling that a lot of it's fans clearly did. Whatever they saw in it, I didn't. I didn't get it.

Same with Doctor Who. Not a very good show, but a lot of people see something in it I don't. Usually the same people who also love Venture Brothers, so I assume it's the same thing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dabir posted:

It's funny how movie and television critics have at last been told that if their criticism of the film is fundamentally wrong they send another reviewer to give a better impression.

Most recently with Everything Everywhere All at Once which got like a star review originally in the Guardian and the review didn't understand anything about Chinese culture and family so spent the review ranting about it. Over a decade ago a critic had to be taken off Game of Thrones following the very first episode because they reviewed it as a dungeons and dragons type fantasy, thinking it was like Legend of the Seeker, and thought Tyrion Lannister was a dwarf as in from the dwarven race.

Video games need to catch up to this and if someone's review starts with it was too hard or broken or didn't get it someone needs to try first before publish. God Hand was 18 years ago and they still haven't learned.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Deleted, what weak attempt at contrition was it?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Dewgy posted:

Deleted, what weak attempt at contrition was it?

Said roiland was no longer working for squanch

I assume he retains whatever ownership he had, as is usually the case in these kinds of things

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I got to the part in Nier where you climb a tower but instead of bad guys it’s all hacking puzzles.

This, is loving terrible.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

There’s one puzzle I’m having trouble with which means I just have to keep doing it over and over again because I can’t progress the story without completing this loving Asteroids level.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I’m going to use up all of my restorative items trying to finish this hacking puzzle

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
tried to do 3 online hub quests today and each time the people spent most of the time chasing the wrong monster around for some reason, then when finally fighting the real one, some weirdo dies right before the boss does and it just cuts them ission short for everyone. flunk out out the failer, leave everyone else around to wrap up.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Dabir posted:

Yeah he didn't use skill points. He missed that they were a thing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I failed the hacking puzzle at least 25 times and left the tower to save because I can't keep doing this. I can not loving stand the idea of booting this game back up just to go back and keep trying that puzzle.

I just straight up might not be able to beat Nier because of this hacking puzzle.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lmao

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

verbal enema posted:

Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law was the best imo

did ya get that thing i sent ya

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/crt_bot2/status/1618089136354906113?s=20

this game SUCKED

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lid posted:

Everything Everywhere All at Once

Maybe not as wild as EEAAO was, but I saw this trailer and I think it looks fun as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRFM7HQmkH0

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They should be playing a good terrible game

Body Harvest

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

come on, pokemon snap is right there in the picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Alright, I looked online to see if there was a chip to give you more health in the hacking sections or something, and it turns out there are chips to just do the hacking sections for you. I guess they knew that minigame sucked. So I equipped the chips, let the game play itself, and got to the top of the tower where a boss one-shotted me with a chain attack because of how underleveled I am. No checkpoint, back to where I saved. I have to re-equip the chips and let the game play itself again so I can go fight that boss again.

Some emotional and plot-crucial stuff happened in that tower, but I couldn't really get into the vibe because of how loving annoying it was to actually get through that section