Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Blizzard took Hog and PUT THEM IN THE GROUND

Bad snipe, I've been looking forward to a rework of him, this is that lazy heavy handed poo poo that just makes him near unplayable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
"We are removing one-shot kills from the game"

Oh so is widow getting a change or re-work?

"no, only hog"

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Geoff left a pretty high bar when he hosed up Roadhog's kit for a year and then turned the scrap shotgun into a weak flak SMG, but I know these OW2 devs are up to the challenge. :allears:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Am I having a stroke or weren't you doubling down on JQ's incredible powers of resilience just the other week.

Don't get me wrong, they are not mutually exclusive.

I was only saying that JQ more durable than Ram when there's no healer.
I specifically mentioned Ram being way more durable when there are healers available because healing is way more efficient when you have both Armor and DR.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1617970102007201810

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

No Finland, but MF Saudi Arabia is in? FAIL.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Mega Comrade posted:

"We are removing one-shot kills from the game"

Oh so is widow getting a change or re-work?

"no, only hog"

I'd rather face off with a Widow than a Hanzo who yeets toasters across the map.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
They killed my huge son

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
yknow my experience playing peoples accounts to get them 1500 sr or w/e is that if you genuinely really outskill your lobbies you will have a ~80-90% win rate, and probably even higher earlier in the session. If you don't have a massively lopsided winrate, you're basically playing with people who suck as much as you who probably find your play as stupid as you find theirs. If your games come down to a single team mate you feel is underperforming then you're basically at whatever SR you belong at and it's just your own play holding you back.

the aesop's fable about 'everyone carries their flaws in a basket on their back, which is why it is so easy to see other's but almost impossible to see your own' comes to mind

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Hog needed a nerf but lol there's just no use case for him with his kit as it stands. Orisa is going to be everywhere. I just had a QP game on Shambali where I was just barely outplaying a Rammatra with Sigma. They swapped to Orisa for the last point and I slam swapped to her as well because I knew she was just going to bully me off the point if I didn't.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

haven't they changed road's ammo count and damage like 8 times now

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Blizz is probably the most reactionary dev I'm aware of when it comes to balancing.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Inept posted:

haven't they changed road's ammo count and damage like 8 times now

Yes, his initial 2 shot clip with the long cooldown Hook and his classical gas with zero DR+rooted+FOV reduction was an OG Jeff design.

Then came Geoff... and the bad times.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Blizz is probably the most reactionary dev I'm aware of when it comes to balancing.

Reinhardt's health has been doubled and will now play Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyries" whenever he charges.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

fred from scoobydoo voice: let's see who's really under that mask

aha!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Inept posted:

fred from scoobydoo voice: let's see who's really under that mask

aha!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like just reducing the hook damage was probably enough.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
I'm hoping when they look at Brig they just do a full support rework because man is support not named Ana unfun to play right now.

Also I'm expecting Mercy to get a rework too she has almost as many changes as Brig and Hog

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

SirKibbles posted:

I'm hoping when they look at Brig they just do a full support rework because man is support not named Ana unfun to play right now.

Also I'm expecting Mercy to get a rework too she has almost as many changes as Brig and Hog

Moira is fun. Mercy isn't "fun" most of the time but she is satisfying.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mercy's movement is absolutely insane and really fun to master

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
It's almost impossible to die as Mercy if you make good use of guardian angel. You can be darting back and forth, up and down constantly. That's where most of my fun comes from playing her.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

PantsBandit posted:

Moira is fun. Mercy isn't "fun" most of the time but she is satisfying.

Moira is one of the least fun characters in the game, if we are talking her playstyle and kit. If she was more fun, more gold/plat players would probably just spam her until they get to ranks like upper diamond where she starts to be less effective. The fact that you output more because her kit doesn't require her to aim is what gives you the perception that she is fun; people like having an impact, and playing Moira at ranks where she is effective will usually make you feel like you are getting more done than on other supports, even if it isn't necessarily true all the time.

Mercy has the opposite problem; she is very fun to play, but a lot of the time you get almost no gratification from how well you are playing since most of the things she does are more dependent on how your team does. She puts out terrible stats, especially her damage amp. If you compare zen orb damage amp statistically to Mercy beam damage amp, even in cases when you have like 50-60% or higher dam beam ratio to healing beam, the numbers she puts out are so small. The impact from her amp is better with helping other heroes (like Ash, Pharah, Soj, Hog, etc) get OHKOs. There isn't really a stat that says "Number of times your damage beam has directly killed someone", though, so when you play Zen and get 2.5 or higher times as much amped damage, it just feels better relatively.

Look at both the heroes comparatively in a losing game situation. On Moira, a lot of the time i'll be thinking something like "geez, I am popping off and clearly doing the most on this team. I have 10k damage and 12k healing, no one else is doing anything" whereas on Mercy, I'll have games where I am just thinking "Welp, my team is literally doing nothing. I'm doing my best to keep them up, get good reses, staying alive, etc, but I have zero impact". Which of those sounds more fun than the other? I'm a god and doing the most, or I'm doing nothing, no one is doing anything.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I just think it's fun to throw death balls into hallways

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

PantsBandit posted:

I just think it's fun to throw death balls into hallways

Which is unintuitively often doing more harm than good, because you are feeding ult charge to the enemy team with trash damage that has no contribution.

Of course, it's really fun when you snipe someone fleeing off on their own with an orb (for you, not them).

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

BabyRyoga posted:

Moira is one of the least fun characters in the game, if we are talking her playstyle and kit. If she was more fun, more gold/plat players would probably just spam her until they get to ranks like upper diamond where she starts to be less effective. The fact that you output more because her kit doesn't require her to aim is what gives you the perception that she is fun; people like having an impact, and playing Moira at ranks where she is effective will usually make you feel like you are getting more done than on other supports, even if it isn't necessarily true all the time.

Moira is mostly fun because fade jumping to weird spots and zip zoop zwooping all around is fun. Also nothing more satisfying than fading behind a team to use col. Also you definitely do need to aim to use Moira effectively. Iirc the "beam" for the heal/suck is the same width as Zarya's. It's not like hitscan dps aim but if you don't aim you won't do anything.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

BabyRyoga posted:

Moira is one of the least fun characters in the game

Mercy has the opposite problem; she is very fun to play

the objective fun judger has spoken

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

toadee posted:

Moira is mostly fun because fade jumping to weird spots and zip zoop zwooping all around is fun. Also nothing more satisfying than fading behind a team to use col. Also you definitely do need to aim to use Moira effectively. Iirc the "beam" for the heal/suck is the same width as Zarya's. It's not like hitscan dps aim but if you don't aim you won't do anything.

Won't do anything is a pretty crazy way of saying "aren't performing at the peak level". If you are playing games where you are taking duels 1v1 on Moira and outlasting them with your terrible DPS before they cowboy 2 tap you, zen orb to the head you, etc, you will always be doing something -- probably a lot more than merely something, by holding down fire with your cursor roughly near where the enemy is while strafing and spamming crouch. The self-healing is not terribly relevant a lot of the time. In higher skilled lobbies it can of course mean the difference between finishing off a weakened player and surviving while in a vulnerable position, but you probably aren't going to want to take 1v1 duels from full health against players who will actually land shots and abilities.

Inept posted:

the objective fun judger has spoken

I will give motivational speeches (or demotivational, some people might be into that) on Discord for 3.3 cents (rounded up to the nearest dollar at the total sum) per word. Inquire for more info

Try playing nothing but Moira for a few hours a few sessions in a row, and tell me there aren't diminishing returns on the "fun" you are having

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I will!!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

toadee posted:

It feels really good to correctly guess a target's path so you can smoke them with a damage orb as they run.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

moira is a really strong 1v1 duelist even at the top of the ladder

the issue is the better people get the better they are at not letting moira take favorable isolated 1v1s and sojourn can just lol away even if she wasn't being hard pocketed by mercy

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Lotta Wrecking Ball sickos coming out now that roadhog is nerfed. I'm into it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Orisa doesn't feel as oppressive any more.
Maybe 50 hp nerf to fortify was all that she needed?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just saw that there was a new patch and read the changes.

Orisa: Good change
Hog: Questionable change, overnerf for sure
Kiriko: Devs ignore the thing that makes the char strong, change something else to make the character weaker
Souj: Devs ignore the thing that makes the char strong (again), change something else to make the character weaker (but at least it is related to the problem)

They are starting to learn, but are still tone-deaf.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I don't enjoy playing Orisa so I guess I just don't queue tank anymore.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Being forced into battle cattle thunderdome wasn't fun during double shield and I don't care for it now. I maintain they need to knock duration off the spin so she can't raid boss for so long consecutively.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yes, just remove the tanks and also supports, for a good measure. Make everyone a dps.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Duration of spin is fine, just increase the cooldown for one or the other of her abilities a little so there's more downtime between them and you have to make more of a choice when to push button.

Rammatra should have a maximum duration of his ult, or just decrease its radius a little.

I think Junker Queen still needs a small buff, but I don't know what. Maybe decrease the axe windup time a little so it can't be as easily interrupted.

Sigma is fine.

Rein needs buffs but again, I'm not exactly sure what.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 25, 2023

Malah
May 18, 2015

Jack Trades posted:

Yes, just remove the tanks and also supports, for a good measure. Make everyone a dps.
You have understood the situation perfectly.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

that 50 hp off Fortify has actually had a big effect on my games, I feel like she is not as invincible as she was before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I dunno if rein needs buffs or if Orissa is just a hard counter and is everywhere.

Personally, I think it would be cool if he was totally immune to boops. See what happens.