Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

map32 feels like something from a completely different mapset which is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I think thats the Antares one. I like his maps

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squeezy Farm posted:

the last fight of ozonia map32 is tough but it did it . pheww

im stuck on this now, its rough. feels like i need 5x as many cells, im stuck trying to RL these huge crowds of revs and cacos in a kinda tiny arena.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its been nagging me that I left this unfinished, so I started working on e4 pistol start UVmax. Is there even enough ammo on e4m1 to kill these last 4 barons or do I have try to get a lot more infighting to happen.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't know. thank you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i don't know. thank you.

Your welcome.

up to the final episode of Ozonia, excited to see what stuff they do for hell. there were some awesome levels in second episode, including some rly competent versions of classic staples like a huge tower you climb or 3 key exit maps with a spoke and hub design.

there was also a encounter style id never seen before, where you were forced to take a invisibility sphere and then fight a bunch of projectile throwers. pretty fun since it wasnt too hard thankfully. could have been really annoying w/ the wrong mapper

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cool cubes

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
this seems cool https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/132878-now-on-idgames-uroboros-a-twisted-journey-in-boom/

i also just beat this https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/133021-gzdoom-break-point-final-now-on-idgames/. maps are good except the final boss is annoying as required by Doom standards. it uses the "supercharge" mod (from Paradise if you played that) so it 's a good break from normal d00m

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Lyle in cube sector.

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Lyle in cube sector.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Lyle in cube sector.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Olool

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

oh poo poo I just noticed the sky too lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

----------------

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

----------------

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008

honorable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

finished ozonia. The last 2 levels were kind of a pita but doesn't overshadow how much fun I had with the rest of the game. Some God tier doom maps in there. Even if the rest of the cacowards I downloaded are turds I won't care, good poo poo to the mapper.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
yeah those werent fun. i'd mostly no-saved most of it on UV til then

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

map28 was a guest mapper so w/e, but I think deadwing must have just really overreached with map29, they didn't make very good arenas or encounters for the big setpieces and the flow of the rest of the level didn't really make much sense. Hell the best boss-style fight in the set was that one map with just 4 cybies and a bfg.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

boss-style fight

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ozonia's pretty good. but i really dislike the new plasma thing. they're toned down [movement and maybe health] versions of the evil doom guy from scythe 2, but what it lacks in insane speed it makes up for with the obnoxious teleporting and small archie hitbox. feck you!

the hierophant is w/e, its the hierophant last boss from nova 2 but toned down [nova 2 and 3 are really good map packs btw]. and THAT was also a toned down scythe 2 monster the aefrit.

scythe 2 is also ameezing btw but the last 10 maps are an insane difficulty spike, the first 3 episodes are chill.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
the teleporting plasma guys are annoying yeah

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They can also take more than one rocket even though look like an imp. Dafuq.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i made a safety save on map 15 of ozonia after spending like 5 minutes walking back and forth trying to get the cyber demon to stand still on the tiny crusher. sorry all.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

for the love of the sentinel knights, argent energy, and the tragedy of king rhombosius, first of the slayers, PLEAse make your crusher as large as the platform the cyber demond is standing on if the way i'm supposed to deal with it is to run up to a switch to crush it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ozonia was a little too low key and i needed more epic circle strafing so i started playing this wad capybara as well https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/127557-idgamesa-speed-slaughtermap-project-capybara/ pretty cute. the first two maps aren't too hard AND they retitled all difficulty levels so i can choose ultraviolence which is actually hmp without causing self damage to my feefees.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i been working on uvmax pistol starting Doom II and its fun to revisit these maps, i only ever played through this iwad once. refueling base loving sucks rear end and im glad i did it first try. the pit was a lot of fun, love this level now. especialyl the epic trap with 40 chaingunners and shotgunners.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

ozonia was a little too low key and i needed more epic circle strafing so i started playing this wad capybara as well https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/127557-idgamesa-speed-slaughtermap-project-capybara/ pretty cute. the first two maps aren't too hard AND they retitled all difficulty levels so i can choose ultraviolence which is actually hmp without causing self damage to my feefees.

seems cool. its interesting that contemporary slaughter mapping all seems to crib the massive neon cave blook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

so far it seems like haste and the mini slaughter community map pack where its fairly condensed "combat puzzles." i could finished map2 in like 5 mintues if i didn't keep walking into a cyberdemon oops. also the texture set is from magnolia which is a really nice texture set imo.