Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tender Bender posted:

Do you run Odin too? It seems like Ghost Rider is still a longshot to grab Hela unless she's the only thing discarded?
I use Odin a lot in other decks but not that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

New Leaf posted:

In the midst of this Leader discussion, I just got Leader'd. The only thing worse than someone who plays Leader is someone who emotes at you like they made some genius play after dropping it.

That's the only reason to play Leader

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

wyoak posted:

i've seen lots of bots, i haven't seen any of the perfect play bots that people talk about

They're a lot more rare now than they used to be; some time maybe a month or two before public launch they toned the bots down I think? I remember hearing something to that effect, at least.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Sandwolf posted:

He “copies all cards your opponent played this turn.” But I didn’t play a 10 power wolfsbane. I played a 1 power wolfsbane, that then boosted to 10. It’s not even that they get the on reveal again. It’s that they get the power boosted, and then reveal again. Those are not copies of cards I played this turn. Those are copies of my active cards on the field.

He copies the cards you played. But when his reveal triggers, the card that you played is now a 10 power wolfsbane, which gets copied. (Which then gets revealed again.)

It also works the other way, in that if your cards are destroyed before Leader reveals, he doesn't copy them because they don't exist.

You can argue that Leader shouldn't work this way but it's very consistent with other cards that do similar things. Or how the game works in general.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Bottom Liner posted:

Leader copies should follow priority: that is to say it should only copy post-reveal power if it reveals after your opponent.

Feel like there are many good ways like this one to nerf the card but they chose just… not to

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
I just destroyer'd another leader and it feels good

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also going to again be proven wrong but I like being educated. Dazzler is out. What the hell is she good for

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

uXs posted:

He copies the cards you played. But when his reveal triggers, the card that you played is now a 10 power wolfsbane, which gets copied. (Which then gets revealed again.)

It also works the other way, in that if your cards are destroyed before Leader reveals, he doesn't copy them because they don't exist.

You can argue that Leader shouldn't work this way but it's very consistent with other cards that do similar things. Or how the game works in general.

The dumb part is that it both copies the post-reveal card, and then reveals it again as well. It shouldn't do both - one or the other would be far more logical. If you play with priority, it should copy the base card and then process reveal effects (which it does). If you play without priority, it should just copy the card, as it's already been revealed. It's somehow simultaneously copying the card but also setting it back to unrevealed, so it's not really a 'copy' at all.

Dumb card, dumb game mechanics.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Vulpes posted:

The dumb part is that it both copies the post-reveal card, and then reveals it again as well. It shouldn't do both - one or the other would be far more logical.

This is what I’m saying. It’s not copying my cards. It’s copying cards I cannot have ever played. I didn’t play a 10 power wolfsbane that then on-reveals to 17 power. That’s why it’s not a card I played this turn.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sera Control is a great counter to Leader. Dropping Carnage on turn 6 to eat Leader is great.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

All effects that make copies of cards do so post-buffs and proc on reveals again. Zola, Sinister London/Bar Sinister, Cloning Vats and Machineworld; Leader isn't special. You may not like it, but it IS consistent.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Cattail Prophet posted:

All effects that make copies of cards do so post-buffs and proc on reveals again. Zola, Sinister London/Bar Sinister, Cloning Vats and Machineworld; Leader isn't special. You may not like it, but it IS consistent.

It's been a hot minute, but as far as I remember Leader also doesn't play cards that are destroyed cards if they reveal second, but does if they're revealed first. It's a funky card with weird exceptions based on priority and should prooobably be simplified.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Walla posted:

Sera Control is a great counter to Leader. Dropping Carnage on turn 6 to eat Leader is great.

Carnage? Mind posting the deck you’re using?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

the_american_dream posted:

Feel like there are many good ways like this one to nerf the card but they chose just… not to

That wouldn't be a nerf to Leader, because that's how it works right now. It snapshots your board additions, then the copies get ORs as appropriate. That's why cards that disappeared/were destroyed don't appear if the Leader player didn't have prio but do appear if he did.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

just pulled Sera from a collector's reserve at collection level 1138.

feels good!

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

My Second Re-Reg posted:

They're a lot more rare now than they used to be; some time maybe a month or two before public launch they toned the bots down I think? I remember hearing something to that effect, at least.

Maybe down low. Up at 85+ it's a sizeable amount of bots.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

Fate Accomplice posted:

just pulled Sera from a collector's reserve at collection level 1138.

feels good!

George Lucas?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Sometimes it's so good to absolutely ruin someone's perfect plans.

Opponent T2 Psylocke ramp to aT3 Negative on Bar with No Name. T4 they played Negative'd Iron Man on an x-mansion lane where they got a Thing. T5 they played Magik on Bar to my Sera on the same lane as their Iron Man. They thought they were incredibly slick on T6 stealing my Sera with Rogue until my turn revealed...Enchantress. A couple more bullshit cards to boost a few numbers on my side to...Scarlet Witch on Limbo.

It's so good sometimes doing that.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Leader not getting on reveals just the cards power on their side of the board I think is reasonable. Brings it back to at least normal 6 cost range

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Also going to again be proven wrong but I like being educated. Dazzler is out. What the hell is she good for

She seems pretty good combo'd with Ultron

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Seems like Dazzler would compliment Mojo and Ant-man

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Carnage? Mind posting the deck you’re using?

It's literally a basic Sera deck, I just subbed in Bucky and Carnage for Armor and Mysterio. The last time I played it I dropped Carnage and Bucky on 6 in a Nova lane and Leader popped up and got eaten. :D

# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NhcmxldFdpdGNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZW50aW5lbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJpc2hvcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 25, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pixeltendo posted:

She seems pretty good combo'd with Ultron
Yeah but she's also a 4 energy card so you would have to choose between that and Ka-Zar. I guess you could put both in the Ultron Zoo deck.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah but she's also a 4 energy card so you would have to choose between that and Ka-Zar. I guess you could put both in the Ultron Zoo deck.

no need to choose between 4 energy cards with zabu

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Not gonna lie, I kinda like the Surfer, but I'm tempted to buy gold for the Sentinel just because of how goofy it looks.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
This location rules with Armor. Skip your turn and prevent the rocks being blown up on their side.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

New Leaf posted:

Not gonna lie, I kinda like the Surfer, but I'm tempted to buy gold for the Sentinel just because of how goofy it looks.

Dan Hipp Collector is so good.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I don't know if they'll acknowledge their Pixel variants suck, but I've been offered fewer and fewer in the store.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Oh boy, yet another location for Death decks to thrive with

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

JackDarko posted:

Dan Hipp Collector is so good.

Yeah that one is slick too but I've already got one highly upgraded.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, some of these new locations suck.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Walla posted:

im running a carnage/venom thing with death, taskmaster, she hulk and zola all as bigger plays and watching leader copy a zola who flips out more of a cheap early drop is always great

i think from memory (but dont quote me) he even fucks up with taskmaster, because you can copy a big 20+ power venom you built with taskmaster and then leader will reset their copy to 3 power

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

New Leaf posted:

Yeah that one is slick too but I've already got one highly upgraded.

You take your infinity split progress with you across variants so if you upgrade your current collector to infinite when you upgrade your new variant to infinite, its split will have an effect different than the og split.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Just lost 4 cubes to not knowing this. Doing the math, can't understand why the guy snapped. No way he could possibly beat what I have in hand and he should be able to guess what it is.

Oh, he's gone and played a cost 1 Death. Despite not a single destruction having taken place this game. Because removing those rocks counts as a destruction even though there's no indication that they're destroyed. So he wins. Awesome. Time to put Death back in every single deck. What the hell.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 25, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Patriot decks also love this new location. Have to be careful not to kill your own rocks, though.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Huh, passing destroys ALL rocks on your side of the board, not just the ones on the mine.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Cattail Prophet posted:

Huh, passing destroys ALL rocks on your side of the board, not just the ones on the mine.

Coding is hard, okay?

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

Pixel surfer’s butt is a 90 degree angle

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Destroyer deck is doing work for this one. Finally unlocked Doctorpus now I need another "destroy cards played here" featured node.

edgar_ posted:

Pixel surfer’s butt is a 90 degree angle

Please don't mock his cosmic euclidean cheeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Destroyer deck is doing work for this one. Finally unlocked Doctorpus now I need another "destroy cards played here" featured node.

Sadly, Doc Ock's On Reveal doesn't destroy cards pulled into a destroy location since it doesn't count them as "played."