Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

It was not immediately clear how the vehicle was involved.
Maybe the car was freshly washed, and it just drove by, but the woman is allergic to the chemicals they use for cleaning the car, and she went into anaphylactic shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

an abuse victim was dumped out of a car by her attackers on a roadside in louisiana and some knucklehead ran her over dead

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Cut to the scene of a forensics lab where the sexy young science doctor determines that the victim was still alive when the fourth and final car ran them over.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

eXXon posted:

Cut to the scene of a forensics lab where the sexy young science doctor determines that the victim was still alive when the fourth and final car ran them over.

It was actually when he backed up over her again that she died

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnoKzBDq5Sk&t=27s

Old, but I hadn't seen it before and you all wanted big ol' trucks towing and hauling.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

5 dead in Wyoming highway crashes caused by wrong-way driver https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/5-dead-wyoming-highway-crashes-caused-wrong-driver-96642083

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Surprise, it was a pickup truck!

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Ham Equity posted:

Surprise, it was a pickup truck!

But the driver lived who says trucks arent safe

NoU
Dec 31, 2008
The woman hit by SPD died.

gently caress cars, acab

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

NoU posted:

The woman hit by SPD died.

gently caress cars, acab

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

But the driver lived who says trucks arent safe

The five people in the other F150, assuming they were still alive

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
All cars are bad

Death to cars

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

gradenko_2000 posted:

All cars are bad

Death to cars

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Death to cars

cars are shambolic lifeless machines, they cannot be killed. they must be destroyed, cleansed by fire and cast back into the abyss

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

cars are shambolic lifeless machines, they cannot be killed. they must be destroyed, cleansed by fire and cast back into the abyss

:hmmyes:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oezKQEF0deY

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

PittTheElder posted:

The five people in the other F150, assuming they were still alive

You just get a F250 to stay ahead of the safety curve.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

All cars are bad

Death to cars

look at this legbrain

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the resident evil nemesis voice but its saying "cars" instead of "stars"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/10kkarp/help_ive_made_a_mess/

Please help me I am addicted to buying cars

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol that's the number one determinant that financial planners can point to and say whether you're on track financially, how often you're pissing money away on cars.

Apr 7, 2003

why does that guy have a household income < $90K a year but five cars

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

they're investments, bro

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
my favorite part is OP insisting that he is a disciplined person who can learn from mistakes despite buying five cars for him and his wife. you have made the same mistake at least 3 times!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

he can't afford to collect candles

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Help, I'm driving myself to financial ruin... in style and comfort with the new Dodge Ram Heavy Duty Semi Hemi XLT Crew GT.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
always have to laugh when people buy that many cars and it’s not even like a traditionally “cool” 3rd car like a sports car or doesn’t even serve a purpose over what they have, it’s like yeah we have an F150, a minivan, and then bought a dodge journey for weekend getaways, like what?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Maybe it's my upbringing, but I don't know how people feel comfortable taking on giant car payments like that. It seems like everyone does it.

Apr 7, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Maybe it's my upbringing, but I don't know how people feel comfortable taking on giant car payments like that. It seems like everyone does it.

People who grew up in a certain social class expect to live with the perks of that social class in their adulthood, even though the $100K their job gets them doesn't go anywhere near as far as the $100K their dad made in the 1980s did.

Credit fills the gap.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's because it seems like everyone does it, therefore that makes it okay.

It's a societal brain rot.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
imagine having 4 cars already and being like 'just one more tho'

Apr 7, 2003

my wife and I share one car and have for over a decade. we put ~4K a year on it.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jaahnavi Kandula came from Andhra Pradesh for a masters at northeastern university in seattle. she was gonna graduate this year. some cops ran her over so she could not, and she died in this foreign land.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/crash-involving-seattle-police-vehicle-leaves-woman-in-critical-condition/

quote:

A 23-year-old pedestrian struck Monday night by a Seattle police patrol vehicle in South Lake Union has died, according to the Seattle Police Department.

Seattle police said on Tuesday afternoon that an officer was responding to an urgent “priority one” call with the Seattle Fire Department when the woman was hit.

The King County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the woman as Jaahnavi Kandula and determined the cause of death as multiple blunt force injuries.

Police have not released any details Tuesday about how the incident occurred and have declined to identify the officer.

“At this point in the investigation, we have no reason to believe the officer intended to hit that woman,” said SPD spokesperson Detective Valerie Carson, adding that it is not being handled as a use of force case.

Detectives from the traffic collision investigation squad are leading the investigation.

The officer, who has been with the department since November 2019, won’t be working his next shift, but instead will be taking a “release day,” Carson said. Release days are part of SPD’s officer wellness program after “traumatic or upsetting” incidents. They must be approved by the officer’s chain of command.

Police responded to the scene near the intersection of Dexter Avenue North and Thomas Street shortly after 8 p.m. Monday, police said in an online blotter post.

Responding officers found the woman with life-threatening injuries and performed CPR before the Fire Department arrived, according to the post.

Firefighters then took over lifesaving measures, police said. The woman was transported to Harborview Medical Center in critical condition.

Apr 7, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

Jaahnavi Kandula came from Andhra Pradesh for a masters at northeastern university in seattle. she was gonna graduate this year. some cops ran her over so she could not, and she died in this foreign land.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/law-justice/crash-involving-seattle-police-vehicle-leaves-woman-in-critical-condition/

Reminds me of this guy, a visiting Indian grandpa who was beaten into disability by some cops in Alabama for the crime of walking around

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_of_Sureshbhai_Patel

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Reminds me of this guy, a visiting Indian grandpa who was beaten into disability by some cops in Alabama for the crime of walking around

quote:

Police officer Eric Parker, accused of injuring Patel, was fired from the Madison Police Department and charged with third-degree assault. In March 2015, the FBI charged Parker with felony civil rights abuse, but he was later acquitted of all charges. Parker was reinstated into the force in 2016.
Surprise!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Jesus christ that's dire

quote:

The first federal case for civil rights violations against Parker ended in a mistrial when ten non-Black male jurors voted to acquit him

:thunk:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

every day I'm manifesting the phantom jet from the Last Chase

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i just made a person in a car incredibly mad by pointing out that she was parked on the sidewalk

"I'M A VETERAN!!! IT WAS AN EMERGENCY!!!!!!!" (she was playing some tap tap game on her phone lmfao)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

PittTheElder posted:

Jesus christ that's dire

:thunk:

quote:

The prosecution filed a counter motion to not acquit Parker, but the judge dismissed the prosecution's motion, siding with the defense instead, and said that the victim committed a misdemeanor by leaving the house without identification.

:imunfunny:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

usa is a disgusting land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

mawarannahr posted:

I'm comforted to learn that "we have no reason to believe the officer intended to hit that woman" and that this was instead a simple consequence of the city being aprowl with lethal heavy machinery operated negligently, including by the staff of the institution of public safety