Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the dan hipp variants are the best variants, objectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Maneck posted:

removing those rocks counts as a destruction even though there's no indication that they're destroyed.

Other than the word "destroy" on the location.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

edgar_ posted:

Pixel surfer’s butt is a 90 degree angle
Stupid sexy surfer

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Chard posted:

Dan Hipp Iron Man was my first variant and I've been in love ever since.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Stupid sexy surfer

Nothing at all!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Chard posted:

They are good I'll give you that but the Rian Gonzales ones are better imo.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Would running a deck with Moon Girl, Death, and She Hulk be too much atm? Probably Wave as well just in case.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

Would running a deck with Moon Girl, Death, and She Hulk be too much atm? Probably Wave as well just in case.

No, that's uh, that's actually just a real deck lol

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Yeah, that's literally the nuts and bolts of Baero minus Aero lol.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RevKrule posted:

They are good I'll give you that but the Rian Gonzales ones are better imo.

gambits abs go up to mid-lung

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Chard posted:

gambits abs go up to mid-lung

Yours don’t?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Uhh wow yeah, I just dropped 2x Death and 2x She-Hulk on turn 6 with the Mines and Moon Girl. Wonder if that was intentional.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Oh drat, not having Death with these mines feels awful. Time to bring out Leech and Leader.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
With the Baero deck what’s the main strategy with Aero? I usually use her in a deck with kingpin to yank people over to him to smash on turn 6. I have death and a few destruction cards too but might try with moon girl to double up Death.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Another night, picked up Psylocke finally and two variants. My decks are getting absolutely wrecked, so just another round of Snap.

I can't complain about this Cloak/Gobbo combo.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

Coding is hard, okay?

? It says “your rocks”, not “your rocks here”.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

priznat posted:

With the Baero deck what’s the main strategy with Aero? I usually use her in a deck with kingpin to yank people over to him to smash on turn 6. I have death and a few destruction cards too but might try with moon girl to double up Death.

So Aero works for non-Moongirl hands (she works for them too, she just interrupts double she-hulk).
You play She-Hulk and Death in lanes you want to win, Aero in a lane you're definitely going to win, or more likely, want them to over commit to.
To do this, you need Death to be free (Four+ killed critters), and to Wave with no other mana spent on turn 5. You get:
A Free Death
a 2 mana She Hulk
a 4 mana Aero

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The Galactus player's dilemma.

(Glowing card is Juggs.)

Edit: on that topic, I wish they would change DD's animation so you could see what cards are coming down without having to inspect each one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

https://twitter.com/charsiewspace/status/1617839471227199489?s=46&t=dIw8B0Ibtd8zTmXzhtTIrw

Stared at this long enough and it actually represents a real game board. See if you can figure out what the board layout looks like.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Sandwolf posted:

https://twitter.com/charsiewspace/status/1617839471227199489?s=46&t=dIw8B0Ibtd8zTmXzhtTIrw

Stared at this long enough and it actually represents a real game board. See if you can figure out what the board layout looks like.

Looks like Spectrum Destroyer vs Patriot Ultron deck with a Savage Land location

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OK, from top to bottom, we have:

(Nova, Wolverine, Winter Soldier, Colossus) [15] at Nova Roma? vs (Ultron, Squirrel, Mystique as Patriot) [14]
(Destroyer) [16] at ??? vs (Squirrel, Patriot, Drone, Drone) [19]
(Armor, Captain America, Raptor, Ant-Man) [18] at Savage Land vs (Raptor, Raptor, Squirrel Girl, Ka-Zar) [18]

The Patriot player is winning on points.

The game appears to be for one cube.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I think the Patriot player also has a rock at the top location, which would suggest Eternity Range.

No clue how the Destroyer player managed to get rid of one of their raptors, though.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
That raptor constructed a crude land bridge to Venezuela where it’s now lying low under the name Mister Pilkington.

But perhaps I’ve said too much.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
It seems like so so many of the locations are now just "gently caress you, you can't play here/you can't play your deck/everything is now random"

Where are the locations that reward you for playing?!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dravs posted:

It seems like so so many of the locations are now just "gently caress you, you can't play here/you can't play your deck/everything is now random"

Where are the locations that reward you for playing?!

They exist, Bar Sinister and the like, but they've become a smaller and smaller slice of the pie these last couple months as more and more "gently caress you" location have gotten released.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
The gently caress you locations are cool and good

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Anybody with Photoshop skills able to make that Tweet into a mobile wallpaper? That's pretty rad.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Just played a game with Luke's Bar, on T4 I played Wave, opponent played Moon Girl, and their Moon Girl just stayed on Luke's Bar instead of going back to their hand? They definitely played the card, it wasn't summoned with Jubilee, or moved there or anything. Weird.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Tender Bender posted:

Just played a game with Luke's Bar, on T4 I played Wave, opponent played Moon Girl, and their Moon Girl just stayed on Luke's Bar instead of going back to their hand? They definitely played the card, it wasn't summoned with Jubilee, or moved there or anything. Weird.

If the player's hand is full (not unlikely if they played Moon Girl), she can't return to it.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Does anyone have a Zabu control deck they’ve enjoyed playing this season? I have recently got into the Sera control play style, but I feel like I can be even MORE controlly because I have absorbing man…

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

uXs posted:

If the player's hand is full (not unlikely if they played Moon Girl), she can't return to it.

Ah, that explains it, thanks

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Does anyone have a Zabu control deck they’ve enjoyed playing this season? I have recently got into the Sera control play style, but I feel like I can be even MORE controlly because I have absorbing man…

Something like this?

Shang-Chi is a flex slot

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Luke's Bar should read, "Returned to your hand if possible". Moon Girl, White Queen and a bunch of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent cards spawn cards on reveal, which blocks their return to the hand. I thought it was an exploit when I first saw it but the devs seem content to leave it working that way.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
There are too many rocks and not nearly enough raptors in this game.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

This deck feels unfair on the new location. I’ve gone from 91-94 in like 2 hours. Game plan is leech combo decks, for non combo decks drop aero and death (1 cost) or death and leader, or…so much flexibility. Bonus points if you WQ a second death.

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Leech
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlYWRlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVlY2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chard posted:

Counterpoint: they're actually all poo poo except for Killmonger and (if you like the colours) Wasp. He's got a style made for motion, not static frames.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Love how ive gotten collapsed mine only on the first location so its just the Ruins

and again! Loving my default 1 cost Death

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 25, 2023

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Opponent legit outplayed me the whole match and never snapped for... some reason. I legitimately was asking Snap? at the end. But, thanks

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I just pulled Red Skull and I already have Typhoid Mary and Zero, are there good decks that make use of this other than like a Luke Cage deck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I just pulled Red Skull and I already have Typhoid Mary and Zero, are there good decks that make use of this other than like a Luke Cage deck?

I like this deck a lot, it doesn't use Typhoid Mary though. Play lots of stats and neutralize their downsides, and pull a big number with Dracula
In addition to Zero:
Ebony Maw can hide behind Invisible Woman
Attuma can hide behind Invisible Woman or Armor
Destroyer can be played on Cosmo
Infinaut is pretty much just Dracula food

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Zero
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Invisible Woman
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Attuma
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) Destroyer
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUmVkU2t1bGwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYWN1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlc3Ryb3llciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXR0dW1hIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW52aXNpYmxlV29tYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVib255TWF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJbmZpbmF1dCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 25, 2023